Any big momma's out there?

Good morning ladies!!!

Well Fran is 12wks old today and I can't believe how the time has flown and how much she has grown (I'm a poet and I didn't know it lol!)

Thought I would post some pics to show how big she is getting!!

They were taken at 2 days, 5 weeks and 12 weeks old :wacko:

Love the pics betty. She looks like such a little sweetie!!

I love the pics! She's grown so much! I'll have to remember to take pics of Ben in his bouncer once he comes home so I can do the same :)

It's such a good way to see how big they are getting! I didn't even do it with that intention but once I saw the 2 day and 5wk pics together I decided to keep going!!

It also works with changing mats - I know you can't see the whole mat in the first one but you still get the gist lol!!

Gahhhhh, i NEED to get my ass in gear and loose some weight. I want to ttc this year/next year but i want to be a good weight and be able to show my bump off from the start, and not go thru that "is she fat? Is she pregnant?" Stage. It gets me really down thinking about it :cry:

Sorry just having a bad night x

Good evening ladies! I hope you are all having a lovely week.

Are you UK ladies looking forward to the big wedding tomorrow???

DH and I took Fran to clinic on Tues to be weighed and measured. She is now 15lbs 1.5oz and 60.5cm (or 1ft 11.8inches) long. That puts her above the 91st percentile for weight and still on the 75th for height - no wonder she is getting a double chin on her double chin lol!!!!!

She had her second lot of jabs today and I must say she was much better after this lot than the last. She has been awake more and even smiling a bit, although she has also shrieked randomly too lol.

I hope you are all well xxx

Gahhhhh, i NEED to get my ass in gear and loose some weight. I want to ttc this year/next year but i want to be a good weight and be able to show my bump off from the start, and not go thru that "is she fat? Is she pregnant?" Stage. It gets me really down thinking about it :cry:

Sorry just having a bad night x

Hey love, I hope you manage to lose as much as you want to. I didn't really get a bump at all, only those who were really close to me could tell any difference so I understand how you feel in that respect.

Have a big hug from me :hugs:

Im only gunna watch he wedding if i cant find anything better to do!
I only really want to see her dress! I wonder if her vale (vail (sp?)) Is anywhere near as long as Dianas! :rofl:

I have a (probably stupid) question for all of you formula-feeding moms. I'm assuming that you stocked-up on formula before baby arrived. How did you know what kind to buy? I'd like to have some on hand but I just don't know which to pick! Thanks mommas :flower:

I have a (probably stupid) question for all of you formula-feeding moms. I'm assuming that you stocked-up on formula before baby arrived. How did you know what kind to buy? I'd like to have some on hand but I just don't know which to pick! Thanks mommas :flower:

I only bought 2 tubs just in case Fran didn't take to it. The reason why I chose SMA (don't think you have it over in the states) is because my sister used it with her 2 boys and never had any problems. I didn't really know anything about any of the other brands tbh.

All brands must be nutritionally complete so I would just suggest maybe seeing what recommendations you get and making a choice from those. Just buy enough to get you going - a 900g tub will last you about a week - and see how LO gets on, give it a few weeks to let their tummy get used to it. If it seems like it's not the right one then try a different one - there isn't any reason why you can't change to a different brand xxx

Sorry I can't be any more help xxx

Gooooood Morning Ladies!! How the devil are we all today?

Things have been a bit quiet in the big momma's club lately - I know I haven't been posting as much as usual but DH has been on holiday so we have been spending lots of quality time together as a family :)

I can't believe how well Fran is starting to develop. She is picking things up, studying her hands, holding her head up when on her tummy, and bouncing like a mad thing in her jumperoo!!! She is so alert and always being nosey and the smiles just make your heart melt.

Did anyone see a programme on BBC called "Inside the Human Body"? This week it was about conception and it was the most amazing thing I've ever seen. Creating a baby truly is a miracle - there are so many obstacles to overcome and it's mind-blowing how any of those little spermies actually make it far enough to fertilise the egg!!!

I hope you are all well, please let me know what's happening with you all right now.

Lots of love and hugs xxxxx

ladies,iv just found out im about 6 weeks pregnant.. we're both very excited but im also terrified of what my doc will say... im almost 21 stone wi a bmi of 45.. i dont have diabetes and iv never suffered with blood pressure.... iv made my app for doc on monday,hope it will go ok...;(

ladies,iv just found out im about 6 weeks pregnant.. we're both very excited but im also terrified of what my doc will say... im almost 21 stone wi a bmi of 45.. i dont have diabetes and iv never suffered with blood pressure.... iv made my app for doc on monday,hope it will go ok...;(

Congratulations sweetie, I'm so pleased for you!

Hun I was 20 stone 6 lbs with a bmi of 44 when I got pregnant and I had no problems with any medical staff. If you are treated in a way you think unfair then ask to see someone else. I also had no problems with my pregnancy either :)

Just a few bits of info so you can be prepared - sorry if you already know it :flower:

You will be put under consultant care so that will mean a couple of extra trips to hospital rather than seeing the midwife all the time. You will also be sent an appointment to have a glucose tolerance test and probably will have to speak to an anaesthetist too. It's all just to cover their backs and make sure you get all the care you need. Your consultant might even automatically book you in for a growth scan around 28wks - a bonus sneaky peek at your LO :happydance:

I wish you lots of luck for a happy and healthy 9 months :hugs:

I'm 5'7" and a size 18. I am eating healthy for the most part and exercising. My body just loves this size, though! I will be TTC in the fall, and it would be nice to lose a little weight, but it's not really happening at the moment. I will keep trying though.

Congratulations sweetie, I'm so pleased for you!

Hun I was 20 stone 6 lbs with a bmi of 44 when I got pregnant and I had no problems with any medical staff. If you are treated in a way you think unfair then ask to see someone else. I also had no problems with my pregnancy either :)

Just a few bits of info so you can be prepared - sorry if you already know it :flower:

You will be put under consultant care so that will mean a couple of extra trips to hospital rather than seeing the midwife all the time. You will also be sent an appointment to have a glucose tolerance test and probably will have to speak to an anaesthetist too. It's all just to cover their backs and make sure you get all the care you need. Your consultant might even automatically book you in for a growth scan around 28wks - a bonus sneaky peek at your LO :happydance:

I wish you lots of luck for a happy and healthy 9 months :hugs:

So glad you were treated fairly and had no problems w/ the pregnancy!

Welcome to the Big Momma's Club - or as one of our ladies so delicately put it - the Sturdy Birds Club :haha:

hi there,

I'm 5ft4 with a bmi of 38 and I have already faced 2 nasty mw's who had problems with my size however the consultant and mw manger have been lovely so far.

xx

Sorry to hear that love :hugs:

There is no need for people to be like that. Every pregnancy is different and should be treated as such, it makes me mad when you get treated like a stereotype rather than an individual.

I really hope everything turns out well for you love xxxx

Hi ladies!

doing pretty well here, had an omelette w/ egg bearers and veggies. Trying to be conscientious without being obsessive.

:hugs:
:hug:

Hey hakunamatata - Fran has got a tooting pumba toy, will get a pic of her with it and post it for you tomorrow xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->