Any big momma's out there?

I have zero knowledge of weaning so I hope you will pass on a few tips!

HUGS!

Oh folly congratulations on team pink :happydance:

Glad to hear they got all the measurements too xxx

lozzy - I'm really enjoying the course. Fran is the only one too young to eat yet though and when they pass round pots of things to try she watches all the other babies having a taste and looks at me while I try it with a look as if to say "where's mine?" lol.

She will be 6 months soon enough though, the time is really flying by!!!

Do you have the babys with you? We couldent and were given a creche place.

Yeah it's all quite informal. We have the babies with us and there are mats and toys out for them to play with. It's quite nice actually because I know a couple of the ladies from one of the groups we go to.

Folly - congrats on Team Pink :)

I have a question about the 20 week scan as I have mine coming up soon - for those of you that carry alot of weight on your belly, could they see baby ok and get good measurements?! I'm getting a bit nervous that all they'll see is cake, lol !!!

Iv never had any problems with any of my scans, even my 8 week one.

Folly - congrats on Team Pink :)

I have a question about the 20 week scan as I have mine coming up soon - for those of you that carry alot of weight on your belly, could they see baby ok and get good measurements?! I'm getting a bit nervous that all they'll see is cake, lol !!!

I never had any problems, the scan pics wernt the clearest iv seen but they were still good :) x

Hello ladies.

I've only just seen this thread, but was wondering if I could join you all? :)
I too am 'obese' (I hate that word, I prefer the word fat, lol)

Never had a problem with any of mine - they just asked me to lift the flab out the way :haha: They were very polite about it though lol.

Looks like I will be on this thread a bit more instead of stalking it, Got my:bfp:today and will asking lots of larger ladies questions. I am a bit nervous at the same time...worried that the docs/hospital will really go on at me..I do hope not!

Looks like I will be on this thread a bit more instead of stalking it, Got my:bfp:today and will asking lots of larger ladies questions. I am a bit nervous at the same time...worried that the docs/hospital will really go on at me..I do hope not!

Congratulations!!!:happydance: Don't worry too much about what the docs say....I've never encounter anyone that was negative towards me.

Congratulations!!!:happydance: Don't worry too much about what the docs say....I've never encounter anyone that was negative towards me.

Congratulations Claire!!! I agree with mustang, I never encountered any negativity during my pregnancy and Im a very big momma!!!!

Keep us up to date with what's happening and don't forget we are here to give you any support you need xxx

The only negativity i had during my pregnancy was from the consultant telling me where i couldent give birth.

Congratulations Claire!!! I agree with mustang, I never encountered any negativity during my pregnancy and Im a very big momma!!!!

Keep us up to date with what's happening and don't forget we are here to give you any support you need xxx

Thank you...I'm very large as well. Mainly bum and legs but also tummy, but not quite so much. I'm so worried about hubby finding out ho much I weigh as well, we've been together 8yrs and he's never known!!

I know we cant have water births..anything else they advise againts?

How was all of your pregnancies? I'm worried about high bp and g.d...oh the list is endless ha ha

They wont allow you to go to a birth centre and they can try make it acward for having a home birth. Depending on where you are they may try to insist on unnessicary interventions like an epidural if you dont want or need one.

My blood pressure was perfect all the way through and i dident have GD. I did get SPD but even skinny people get that

I was told that I would have to give birth in hospital but that didn't bother me as that would have been my choice anyway.

I didn't have any complications - never had high bp in my life, didn't have gd and the anaesthetist I saw wanted me to have as active a birth as possible because she was happy that she could give me an epidural in an emergency or a tube down my throat if needed.

The only downside to my pregnancy was morning sickness lasting until 23 weeks and heartburn the whole way through - which can happen to anyone!

I was only weighed once and that was at my booking appointment, so just ask the midwife not to say your weight out loud if you don't feel comfortable with your husband knowing xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->