Any big momma's out there?

Looks like I will be on this thread a bit more instead of stalking it, Got my:bfp:today and will asking lots of larger ladies questions. I am a bit nervous at the same time...worried that the docs/hospital will really go on at me..I do hope not!

Congratulations!!!:happydance: Don't worry too much about what the docs say....I've never encounter anyone that was negative towards me.

Congratulations Claire!!! I agree with mustang, I never encountered any negativity during my pregnancy and Im a very big momma!!!!

Keep us up to date with what's happening and don't forget we are here to give you any support you need xxx

Thank you...I'm very large as well. Mainly bum and legs but also tummy, but not quite so much. I'm so worried about hubby finding out ho much I weigh as well, we've been together 8yrs and he's never known!!

I know we cant have water births..anything else they advise againts?

How was all of your pregnancies? I'm worried about high bp and g.d...oh the list is endless ha ha

I was diagnosed with GD at 30 weeks but had insulin issues prior to pregnancy. And yes, even thin people get it. I managed to keep mine under control just with my diet which at first I was angry about, but now when I see that I have only been gaining about a pound a week (as a pose to 3 or so I was doing) I am grateful I took control.

I was diagnosed with pre-eclampsia at 36 weeks, put on bed rest and will start the induction process tomorrow. Again PE is something ANYONE can get. Just do you best to get some exercise here and there and don't go overboard on junk food.

Most complications are things that any woman could get. Please don't be down on yourself just because you are bigger. You have all the baby making equipment as the next lady!:haha:

Haha. Iv decided its abit boring :rofl: it needed something to finish it off

Looks like I will be on this thread a bit more instead of stalking it, Got my:bfp:today and will asking lots of larger ladies questions. I am a bit nervous at the same time...worried that the docs/hospital will really go on at me..I do hope not!

Congratulations!!!:happydance: Don't worry too much about what the docs say....I've never encounter anyone that was negative towards me.

Congratulations Claire!!! I agree with mustang, I never encountered any negativity during my pregnancy and Im a very big momma!!!!

Keep us up to date with what's happening and don't forget we are here to give you any support you need xxx

Thank you...I'm very large as well. Mainly bum and legs but also tummy, but not quite so much. I'm so worried about hubby finding out ho much I weigh as well, we've been together 8yrs and he's never known!!

I know we cant have water births..anything else they advise againts?

How was all of your pregnancies? I'm worried about high bp and g.d...oh the list is endless ha ha

I was diagnosed with GD at 30 weeks but had insulin issues prior to pregnancy. And yes, even thin people get it. I managed to keep mine under control just with my diet which at first I was angry about, but now when I see that I have only been gaining about a pound a week (as a pose to 3 or so I was doing) I am grateful I took control.

I was diagnosed with pre-eclampsia at 36 weeks, put on bed rest and will start the induction process tomorrow. Again PE is something ANYONE can get. Just do you best to get some exercise here and there and don't go overboard on junk food.

Most complications are things that any woman could get. Please don't be down on yourself just because you are bigger. You have all the baby making equipment as the next lady!:haha:

Aww thank you, I feel much better now! Good luck with your induction!!!! :hugs:

Thanks everyone! Having minor contraction now. Second dose of prostoglandin gel in about an hour!

Hi Ladies, I just spotted this thread so thought I would poke my head in and say hello :)

Hello ladies! Thought it was about time for an update lol!

Things have been very tiring in our household this last week or so because Fran has decided to start waking for an extra feed in the night again :wacko: I have had a chat with the HV today and we have decided to try giving her hungry baby formula for all of her feeds after 2pm in the hope that it will help her to sttn - something she has never done! If it hasn't worked in a week or so then we are going to start weaning her - she will be 4 months on Saturday so at the minimum recommended age.

My hv is just lovely and very supportive, she says Fran is gorgeous and doing so well :happydance:

I'm not doing so well myself though. I've been feeling extremely tired recently and suffering dizzy spells. I had anaemia in my third trimester and also after giving birth so I went to see my doctor because I feel the same as I did then. I've had some blood taken and they are checking the iron leves as well as my thyroid and kidneys. One thing I think that might be causing me to feel like this is the amount of bleeding I've had since giving birth. In the 16wks since having Fran I've bled for a total of 10 of them, and although not all in one go I haven't stopped for the last 5 wks - it's really getting me down now. The doctor has given me some progesterone tablets to make the bleeding stop. I have to take one a day for the next 3 weeks but things seem to be easing already after only 2 tablets!

So that's what is going on with me lol!

Hope everyone is well xxxx

Sorry your not feeling well Betty, hope things improve.
On a different note can I just ask how all of your births were? What pain relief you hadabd did it help?
What did you find worst, contractions or pushing?
Sorry for all the questions!!!

On a different note can I just ask how all of your births were? What pain relief you hadabd did it help?

I found both contractions and pushing much less painful than I was expecting and actually very manageable - it was the tearing because Fran sent an arm out with her head that hurt the most lol.

I had one shot of pethedine early on in labour but then did all of the rest on gas and air - the thought of having an epidural didn't enter my head for even a split second!!! Something I'm very proud of :)

My birth was (if you dont mind my language) fucking amazing! Best experience of my life :D

Everything was pretty messed up leading to the birth (bitch of a midwife and leaking waters for 2 weeks)

But once labour started it was great! Contractions every 2/3 mins 10.5hr labour, used gas and air for the last 3hrs including pushing although i mainly used it to bite on then.
The thought of an epi never entered my mind either and im glad.
I did push for 51mins but it was my own fault coz i was led on my back (it was comfy and i was falling asleep between contractions :blush: ) and iv heard smallers babies are harder to push out.
Id do it all again in a heart beat.

Im pretty passionate about natural birthing now, can you tell? Lol

I WANT ANOTHER BABY! Gotta wait another year yet :(

Thanks, sounds like you both had good labours. I've had everthing going through my head last few days. I've now got over the shock of the bfp, I honestly didnt expect to get caught this quickly! We were only trying 3 months, I expected a year at least because of my weight and hubby working nights so not having the time ha ha. Alot of my friends and family took ages to get preg so thought I'd be the same...I feel really blessed!
Re-labour, when I first thought about it was like right I'm getting a epi as soon as I can! Ive heard its best to deliver on all fours if poss? Dont know how long I could hold that position for though?
Did you feel shell shocked after giving birth? I only ask cause that what I was like this weekend, If im shocked I just get really quiet and need to be on my own and then im ok...not poss once you've had the baby though ha ha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->