Any big momma's out there?

Thanks, sounds like you both had good labours. I've had everthing going through my head last few days. I've now got over the shock of the bfp, I honestly didnt expect to get caught this quickly! We were only trying 3 months, I expected a year at least because of my weight and hubby working nights so not having the time ha ha. Alot of my friends and family took ages to get preg so thought I'd be the same...I feel really blessed!
Re-labour, when I first thought about it was like right I'm getting a epi as soon as I can! Ive heard its best to deliver on all fours if poss? Dont know how long I could hold that position for though?
Did you feel shell shocked after giving birth? I only ask cause that what I was like this weekend, If im shocked I just get really quiet and need to be on my own and then im ok...not poss once you've had the baby though ha ha

Tbh, I was shocked but i suddenly had this lovely little purple face gazing up at me and my heart melted :cloud9:

it was comfy and i was falling asleep between contractions

Omg me too! I pretty much slept through the whole of my labour and I've been told I actually snored during the pushing part - the contractions got slightly further apart. I remember dreaming during that part too :haha:

Oh I do hope I'm that relaxed. How long did it take you to feel relaxed with your baby? Where you exhausted after the labour? I'm worried I'll be soo tired I'll just want to sleep and not be able to look after the baby?

I wont go into my labour as it was far from nice but i managed it all on gas and air and could have probably coped with out but after 7 months of not drinking it was nice feeling pissed lol

Oh I do hope I'm that relaxed. How long did it take you to feel relaxed with your baby? Where you exhausted after the labour? I'm worried I'll be soo tired I'll just want to sleep and not be able to look after the baby?

Once id done my first poo nappy i started to truely relax with him :rofl:
I was in hospital for 4 days due to Harrison being prem and being a poor poor feeder! But on my second night a lovely midwife offered to look after him for me for a few hours so i could get some sleep because he was on strict 3hour feeding but taking 2hours to have 10-30mls of milk. I was KNACKERED, specially with all the other babies crying all night too. X

And tbh i was so excited id just given birth i wouldnt of slept (even if i could)

Thank you for all of your answers, i'm a nightmare I know! There will prob be more to come as well ha ha. P.s like the idea of feeling drunk on the gas...gotta give a laugh if nothing else!!

It's amazing how you find the strength and energy when you have to. Even though I had a short labour it was overnight and I was pretty tired after (despite all the sleeping lol). I didn't really get any sleep during the day and was absolutely shattered by the time all of the visitors left and it was just me and Fran.

But your instincts kick in and although I was extremely sore because I had 2nd degree tears both up and down and had a catheter fitted, when she woke in the night I impressed even myself with the speed I managed to get out of bed and pick her up!

And if you feel you are struggling then the midwives are only a buzzer away xxx

Dont worry about asking questions! Its what we are all here for isnt it? :) x

Sorry your not feeling well Betty, hope things improve.
On a different note can I just ask how all of your births were? What pain relief you hadabd did it help?
What did you find worst, contractions or pushing?
Sorry for all the questions!!!

Birth was not as bad as I had expected, but the contractions (for me) were much worse than the pushing part.
I just had gas and air which helped enough - although I could have hit them when they made me give it back to do the pushing!! :haha:

Hello everyone!!! My son, Jaxon Christopher was born on Wednesday, May 25th at 12:47 AM. He weighed 6 pounds, 7 ounces is 21 inches long.

I began induction Monday morning with a dose of prostaglandin gel. Mild contractions started almost immediately and continued all day. That evening went I went in for my scheduled second dose, the MW said I was contracting enough so I did not need it. That was around 5:30pm. At about 9:45 pm my water broke and the contractions picked up immediately. Went to the hospital and found that I was only dilated 1 cm. DH and I decided to stay there and try to get some rest. The contractions continued (strong and steady) but at 3:45pm the next day I was only 5 cm. We decided to start pitocin which greatly increased the strength and frequency of the contractions. The doctor was to keeping me on almost constant fetal monitoring but we could only pick up his heart rate when I was laying down and that was the most uncomfortable position to have a contraction in. For that reason (and the fact that I was absolutely exhausted) I had an epidural at about 7pm. At 9:30 pm I was 9 1/2 cm dilated and having the urge to push. I was finally able to push him out at 12:47 that night!

I'm still in shock that I was able to do it and I feel like a different woman. Like I have crossed over :haha:

This was the best picture I could get right now, as my own camera was left at home in the rush of my water breaking. I will update with more soon but I am absolutely, 100% IN LOVE with this little man!! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

To Claire....although my labor and delivery was not my "ideal" it could have been a million times worse. And once he was out and on my chest, all of the pain went away. I barely noticed the placenta being delivered or the few stitches I needed. Seeing, hearing and touching him was like breathing for the first time. Amazing :cloud9:

Attachments

• 240116_10150192089657535_785662534_6957844_3331545_o.jpg
    240116_10150192089657535_785662534_6957844_3331545_o.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 6
Congratulations! Hes lovely!!
Strange isnt it? I felt like id joined an exclusive club, and i felt huge respect towards anybody else that had had children x

Ooooh congratulations!!!!!! He is just gorgeous - I am actually crying I'm so happy for you xxxx

Oh my gosh Mustang, he is just beautiful! Massive congratulations to you and your family. Thank you for all the info, I'm feeling much less worried about it now. I'm sooo excited about the future.
Enjoy every moment with your little one :) x

Ooooh congratulations!!!!!! He is just gorgeous - I am actually crying I'm so happy for you xxxx

Thanks Betty! I just though you should know that you and you pregnancy with Fran were very inspirational for me. I consider you a BnB sister :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->