Any big momma's out there?

Awww I feel close to you guys too even though I haven't been here long! I expect tears from all of you when I finally conceive and give birth! :haha:

Hello my lovely ladies, how are we all doing? I've been so naughty not posting on here regularly, but I've been rather busy this week or so!

I can't believe Fran is 4months old now! We started weaning her last Saturday and things have been going really well so far! The first day it mostly went down her bib but the next morning she was actually tasting and swallowing it. So far she likes apple and carrot - we are giving her something new every 2 or 3 days.

She has also started to outgrow most of her 3-6 month clothes! It's not so much that they are too tight but rather getting a bit short. She is on the 75th centile for her height so not extremely tall but she is quite long in the body and it's her tops and dresses that she doesn't really fit in any more.

Her little personality is really starting to shine through now too. She has got the cutest little giggle and is constantly smiling - unless she is tired and then she is a bit of a madam and shouts or squeals very loudly lol.

Aww bless her, she so cute and chunky! Im willing to bet she weighs more than Harrison?
I hated weaning!

Harrison fell off the bed this morning, he has fallen off loads and always been ok. For the last month or so hes learnt to wiggle himself off slowly, anyway today.. he climbed over me and slid head first off the bed, he got little carpet burn/graze on his forehead and by his eye :(
He just wanted to cuddle for about an hour after

Oh poor Harrison!! I hope he is ok :hugs:

I had Fran weighed on Tuesday last week at 16wks 4 days and she was 17llbs 7oz so she is probably over 18lbs now lol.

We started off giving her rice or porridge for breakfast but that very day she wanted 11/12oz for her bedtime feed. This happened 3 days in a row so we started to give her a bit of rice and carrot at tea time.

The only problem is that because she is still having a bottle in the night she sometimes isn't very hungry at breakfast time. For example she had a feed at 4.30am and I tried giving her breakfast at 8.30am but she only had a tiny bit of porridge and apple and 3oz of her bottle. Then at 11.30am she was hungry but only took 5oz before falling asleep.

I've been trying to stretch her at night and making sure she really is hungry before feeding her but I just wish she would drop that feed and go through to morning then she would be hungry enough to eat breakfast.

I suppose I could move it to lunch time for now and then introduce breakfast later when she is ready for an extra meal and hopefully sleeping through by then. It's just more convenient to try and get her to eat at breakfast time if we are going out for the day.

Does fran have dummy?

Yes she has one when she is tired. If she starts fussing in the night I pop it back in and just wait to see if she will settle. Most of the time she does but she just won't go any longer than 4.30am for some reason.

Awww Betty...she looks like such a happy girl! I love the picture with daddy :thumbup: Still can't believe she is four months already.

You sound like the best mom! I'm still trying to figure out timing for Jaxon's last feed before bed along with keeping him awake for that hour or so. Sometimes my brain just feels like mush :haha:

We never worried about timings for the first few weeks, we just fed on demand. I don't know if you are bf or ff but Fran has ff from birth and has always fed every 3-4hrs which makes life quite easy for us.

It's only in the last couple of weeks we have been trying to get her into some sort of feeding routing to try and get her to sleept through the night - it's not working so far though lol.

I'm sure you are doing just great though sweetie, it will all slot into place in it's own time and usually without you even realising it because it will just become second nature :hugs:

Her feeds are never exactly the same time. Breakfast can be anywhere between 7am and 8.30am but she doesn't usually take very much. Her last feed is usually between 7pm and 8pm but mostly 7ish and then she falls asleep around 7.30pm.

I've been trying to get her into some sort of pattern but it all depends on when she feeds during the night. For example on Thursday night she fed at 2.30am and then ate breakfast at 7am. She had most of her porridge and half her bottle. Last night she had a bottle at 4.30am and I tried to give her breakfast at 8.30am but she wouldnt take any porridge and had barely 3oz of milk.

I just think if she would drop the night feed she would have more at breakfast and it would be so much better for her. But I keep trying to stretch her and seeing if she will settle back down but she just won't go any longer than 4.30am before wanting a bottle.

I think she is teething though because she has been very fussy and grizzly all day today and chewing on her fist alot.

Have you tryed a dreamfeed around 10/11? It might stop her waking in the night and she might be more hugry at breakfast.

We did try a couple of weeks ago but that was when she started waking for an extra feed in the night and she still woke at around 3/4am. I think we are going to give it another go tonight though because she didn't really have much today although she did drain her bedtime bottle so I'm hoping that a dreamfeed will work because she might need a top up.

Will let you know how we get on - fingers crossed lol!

If shes had a dream feed and still wakes up it might just be out of habit.

If shes had a dream feed and still wakes up it might just be out of habit.

Yeah I've been thinking the same thing that's why I've been trying to get her to settle first before giving her a bottle. She sometimes starts fussing around 2am but I just pop her dummy in and she settles down again but can't get her to go past 4.30am.

Hopefully a dreamfeed will work this time! I don't think it worked before because she had started waking for an extra feed anyway, so now she has dropped it again it might just make a difference.

Well I gave her a dreamfeed at 11.15pm and she took all but half an oz. It is currently 2.30am and dh is giving her another bottle. I tried to settle her but she wouldn't and was showing signs of being hungry. By the time I got back upstairs she was screaming and dh was trying to calm her down. she has just gone back to sleep after taking about 5oz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->