Any big momma's out there?

And she woke for the day at 5.30am - ugh lol!!! It's not surprising though because she was asleep at 6.30pm.

She hasn't had breakfast yet though, I'm waiting until she is really hungry so that hopefully she will eat a decent amount.

Anna, have you thought about giving her milk before solids? At her age milk is still most important.
Id give her her milk then top her up with solids.
Obviously this is just what id do, you dont have to listen :rofl:

Also during the night have you tried settling her with water?

Anna, have you thought about giving her milk before solids? At her age milk is still most important.
Id give her her milk then top her up with solids.
Obviously this is just what id do, you dont have to listen :rofl:

I admit I've been giving her the solids first. I will try the other way round - thanks for that Hun xx

I've been thinking about whether to give her water in the night. If she has 5 feeds during the day a little water in the night might be enough to settle her. Will give that a go too xx

It's when you feed baby while they are asleep.

For example Fran usually has her bedtime feed around 7pm and is asleep by about 7.30pm. About 11pm we gently pick her up without waking her, brush the teat of the bottle against her lips and she automatically starts sucking.

How is the gorgeous little Jaxon doing????

Hello again ladies.

My princess was a little madam again last night. She had a few 20min naps in the day, which isn't anything unusual, but she wouldn't go to sleep at bedtime. It was 10.45pm before she finally gave in! Then she had a bit of a fuss at 3am, went back to sleep and woke at 4.30am for a feed and was up for the day at 6.30am.

Today she has had 2 naps but the first was about an hr and the second about an hr and a half! She had better go to sleep tonight, mummy and daddy need some chill out time!!!

Her weaning is going really well though. We are starting to get into a bit of a routine with her bottles and solids which is good. If we could get her to sttn it would be perfect lol.

Hi everyone

I posted on here a few months back for the first time to say what an inspiration this thread was and despite my weight it gave my the confidence to start trying for a baby.

I started off before Xmas at 20st 3lb and after going on weight watchers I am now down t 17st 10lb which I am really proud of. We decided last month to start trying and and let nature run it's natural course.

Yesterday I did several tests and low and behold I got a :bfp:

I cannot believe it as we only actually did the deed once. I am over the moon as well as a little shocked because I never thought it would happens so quick. I have done 6 test in total as I wanted to be sure and all where positive.

I went to the doctors today (had to register with a new ones as I have moved) and they said the midwife is only part time and I would not get my booking in appointment until 12 weeks. Is that a bit late?

Thanks

Congratulations, that is brilliant news!!!

12 weeks is definitely late, you normally have your first scan then. How far gone do you think you are love? They should just make you the first available appointment. The midwife at my surgery is only there 1 day a week and I saw her when I was 6wks!

Do your surgery send you an appointment then or do you book one yourself like you would with a doctor?

Hey

I am 4 weeks. Actually while we are on the subject, I know I should probably know this but was does the + mean when you see for example 11 + 2, does that mean 11 weeks and 2 days. if so then I am 4 weeks and 3 days?

I had to go in today to register with them as a new patient and I have to go back tomorrow to see the practice nurse for basic new patient health checks to officially become a patient. I filled in an ante natal questionare and the receptionist said they hand that to the midwife and she will ring me in a month or so but won't be seen until about 12 weeks. I have been given no leaflets or anything, I feel a bit unloved.

I guess I need to ask more questions tomorrow and get some better answers. If they are going to take ages I am almost tempted to book a private Nuchal scan now so I have a date to look forward to.

I am not sure what to do really. Xx

Yes the + is the days.

You won't get any leaflets or anything until your booking appointment. You get all sorts of information then, but I think it's a bit off expecting you to wait that long when there is so much you need to know. I don't know if it's the same where you live but here the hospital is where the midwives are based and that's where I used to call if I needed to get hold of mine. It might be worth giving them a call to find out how you go about getting an appointment.

At my surgery I just made an appointment at reception the same as I would a doctor but I know it differs across the country.

I hope you get some more answers tomorrow love. Perhaps you could ask the receptionist for the midwifes contact number? You need to know it anyway for emergencies or general enquiries.

It's when you feed baby while they are asleep.

For example Fran usually has her bedtime feed around 7pm and is asleep by about 7.30pm. About 11pm we gently pick her up without waking her, brush the teat of the bottle against her lips and she automatically starts sucking.

How is the gorgeous little Jaxon doing????

I see. Is that something you have to wait to do until they are a little older? I've tried just brushing the nipple against his lips while he is sleeping but he just doesn't take to it. :shrug:

Jaxon is doing very well, thanks for asking. We're starting to establish somewhat of a routine which is a relief. Most nights he only wakes up twice. :thumbup: I think he might be having gas issues though because he gets really fussy and keeps needing his position changed. And it is difficult to get him to burp. think it's time to change formula?

Iv been a plonker....
I forgot to take my pill a few months ago, and after a few weeks of worry tested and it was a BFN, i havnt forgotten the pill since. Until last night.

And it just so happened to be the night we DTD! :dohh:

What a complete twat. I remembered while brushing my teeth tonight and suddenly shouted 'FU*K' forgetting Harrison was in bed :dohh:

On another note, im joining weightwatchers on monday hopefully :D anybody had any experience with WW? X

I've never done WW but it does work for a lot of people!

I have a food/exercise journal link in my siggy if anyone wants to follow it. I'm a size 18 atm, would love to get down to a size 14 before getting preggers, we'll see what happens.

xx

Iv been a plonker....
I forgot to take my pill a few months ago, and after a few weeks of worry tested and it was a BFN, i havnt forgotten the pill since. Until last night.

And it just so happened to be the night we DTD! :dohh:

What a complete twat. I remembered while brushing my teeth tonight and suddenly shouted 'FU*K' forgetting Harrison was in bed :dohh:

On another note, im joining weightwatchers on monday hopefully :D anybody had any experience with WW? X

I did WW online and LOVED it. The first few days were the most difficult but once you get the hang of it, it's awesome. Their online points tracker is amazing. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->