Any big momma's out there?

It's when you feed baby while they are asleep.

For example Fran usually has her bedtime feed around 7pm and is asleep by about 7.30pm. About 11pm we gently pick her up without waking her, brush the teat of the bottle against her lips and she automatically starts sucking.

How is the gorgeous little Jaxon doing????

I see. Is that something you have to wait to do until they are a little older? I've tried just brushing the nipple against his lips while he is sleeping but he just doesn't take to it. :shrug:

Jaxon is doing very well, thanks for asking. We're starting to establish somewhat of a routine which is a relief. Most nights he only wakes up twice. :thumbup: I think he might be having gas issues though because he gets really fussy and keeps needing his position changed. And it is difficult to get him to burp. think it's time to change formula?

It usually works best when they are down to one feed a night to try and get them to go longer or sleep through. So for example Fran has her bedtime feed around 7.30pm and usually wakes around 4am. The idea of a dreamfeed is to give her it around 11pm to see if she has her next feed later than 4am - unfortunately this has never worked with my princess because she is just greedy lol.

I wouldn't change formula just yet love. It takes a few weeks for little tummy's to get used to it. If he is having gas problems there are usually things you can give them to help release it. I don't know what they have in the States but here we have infacol which can be used from birth and gripe water which is suitable from 1 month old. I have found gripe water to be more effective but it's a pain having to wait until they are a month old to use it.

Fran's poo was very hard for the first few days after birth and it took weeks for it to get to a normal consistancy but we just kept going and gave her a little cooled boiled water to help soften things up a bit. It was just her tummy getting used to the formula.

Hello ladies hope your all ok.
Ryders 2 months old now time flys.
He's sleeping really well cot at 9 till 3.30 feed then feed at 5. Last night he slept all the way thou how proud am I. My oh woke him to feed him at 7.30 lol.

Aw time certainly does fly! That's great news about him sleeping through - can you get him to have a word with Fran and teach her how to do it too please?? :haha:

Apart from being extremely tired I'm not too bad thanks for asking lol!

Yes the + is the days.

You won't get any leaflets or anything until your booking appointment. You get all sorts of information then, but I think it's a bit off expecting you to wait that long when there is so much you need to know. I don't know if it's the same where you live but here the hospital is where the midwives are based and that's where I used to call if I needed to get hold of mine. It might be worth giving them a call to find out how you go about getting an appointment.

At my surgery I just made an appointment at reception the same as I would a doctor but I know it differs across the country.

I hope you get some more answers tomorrow love. Perhaps you could ask the receptionist for the midwifes contact number? You need to know it anyway for emergencies or general enquiries.

I went to see the practice nurse today to register and go through the usual medical questions as well as check my weight/height and my blood pressure which she said was fine.

I told her I have been on weight watchers and she said there is no reason why I should not continue as long as I don't go overboard.

I asked her about the midwife and she said they would pass on my antennal form and the midwife would ring me to organise my booking appointment although she could not say when to expect the call. How long should I wait before I put the pressure on?

I have decided to wait and not push it too much as the midwife may call me soon and I might be stressing about nothing. I don't actually mind if the appointment is as 12 weeks but I just want to know the ball is rolling.

With regards to looking after myself in the meantime I will just try and eat healthy and take my folic acid. Do you know if women with a high bmi should take more folic acid than usual?

Thanks for all help.

X

Yes the + is the days.

You won't get any leaflets or anything until your booking appointment. You get all sorts of information then, but I think it's a bit off expecting you to wait that long when there is so much you need to know. I don't know if it's the same where you live but here the hospital is where the midwives are based and that's where I used to call if I needed to get hold of mine. It might be worth giving them a call to find out how you go about getting an appointment.

At my surgery I just made an appointment at reception the same as I would a doctor but I know it differs across the country.

I hope you get some more answers tomorrow love. Perhaps you could ask the receptionist for the midwifes contact number? You need to know it anyway for emergencies or general enquiries.

I went to see the practice nurse today to register and go through the usual medical questions as well as check my weight/height and my blood pressure which she said was fine.

I told her I have been on weight watchers and she said there is no reason why I should not continue as long as I don't go overboard.

I asked her about the midwife and she said they would pass on my antennal form and the midwife would ring me to organise my booking appointment although she could not say when to expect the call. How long should I wait before I put the pressure on?

I have decided to wait and not push it too much as the midwife may call me soon and I might be stressing about nothing. I don't actually mind if the appointment is as 12 weeks but I just want to know the ball is rolling.

With regards to looking after myself in the meantime I will just try and eat healthy and take my folic acid. Do you know if women with a high bmi should take more folic acid than usual?

Thanks for all help.

X

Not that i know of hun x

<snip>

I don't think that's a general recommendation but folic acid is a water soluble vitamin so it won't hurt to take (a little) extra since you'll pee out the excess. In the US the recommended daily supplement dose for pregnant women is 800mcg/day. I took 1200mcg/day for the first couple of trimesters. I'm still taking a daily prenatal that contains 800mcg folic acid and will probably continue taking it while I'm (hopefully) breastfeeding.

Anyway, hi everyone! :wave:
I figured I'll start lurking here again since I'm getting closer and closer. :happydance: Though I do hope to not be too big of a momma for very long after birth. :winkwink: I started this pregnancy at my lowest adult weight EVER after losing over 80 pounds and I've gained 34 pounds while pregnant. :blush: I plan to start training for a half-marathon as soon as my doc gives me the go-ahead (I was training pre-pregnancy but I haven't been able to continue running during pregnancy). I can't wait to put my jogging stroller to good use! :thumbup:

Good luck little spy! Im joining WW on monday eeekk! Iv got a fair bit i need to lose!

I am finally out of my rut! After the D&C in January I was so down I stopped checking in here. But it is time for a life change! I joined Curves and started weight watchers about 5 weeks ago, and I LOVE it! I am down 12lbs and 4 inches from my hips. This cycle I am also starting to use the clear blue fertiliy monitor again. Can't wait to see what the future holds!

Hi sammy - welcome back, it's nice to hear from you! Well done on the weight loss and good luck for the future xx

Hi Ladies,

Just thought I'd update here. I still read this threads and get email notifications.

Well I'm 37 weeks now so classed as full term :) I had an appointment at the Hospital last week & a quick scan bubs is head down so I'm going for a VBAC DS was oblique breech that's why I had a Section with him, if bubs hasn't arrived by 40 weeks + 10/12 days then it'll be another planned C Section.

So far my high BMI hasn't affected my blood pressure & ironed clear also I had a blood sugar blood test which was fine. I lost 1 & half stone at the beginning if this pregnancy due to nausea and put about 5-6 pounds back on.

So I'm all ok fingers crossed it stays that way as I'm getting all nervous & worried now.

Thanks for reading.

Xx

Hi Tommee! Glad to hear everything is going well for you. I hope your LO doesn't keep you waiting and that the birth goes to plan.

I can't wait to see some pics xxx

Fran is in her big girl bed for the first time tonight!!!! I've got a massive lump in my throat and I'm trying very hard not to comfort eat lol!!! I know I'm being daft and that she will be fine but I'm really going to miss her :cry:

aww bless,
its kinda sweet thou, ryders been in his for the last 2weeks cos he hated his moses lol
how old is fran now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->