Any big momma's out there?

I didnt put Harrison into his cot or his own room till 9months! Lol. I wasnt ready before that... :blush:

On another note, im filing a harrassment complaint against a customer that comes into my work - FREAK.

A few weeks ago he wanted to know if i drove, what car etc then when i wouldnt tell him he got in a strop and then came in saturday night and told me exactly what car was mine.
Hes asked some of the other girls where they live etc and used to live a few doors away from my friend until she moved and now he wants to know where she lives, she is always chopping and changing cars and within a few days of getting a new car he will mention it to her.
My boss doesnt seem to understand what the issue is but i spoke to my friends dad who is a policeman and he said it is harrassment and they can sort it.

I shouldnt have to go to work fearing if im going to see this bloke, he scares the crap out of me :(

Omg never mind harassment, he sounds like a complete stalker!!! I know how it makes you feel though. When I was 19 I worked in a supermarket and this short, podgy, Irish bloke who was at least in his 50's would regularly come in, usually having had a few tipples. He said to me one day that he would love to see me in a bikini draped over a sports car! Needless to say that completely freaked me out and every time he came in I would run away and hide - I was young and not as worldly wise as I am now :haha:

I hope you get it sorted though love, you shouldn't have to put up with that xxx

This is just not a good night guys. I'm so completely frustrated with DH. Apparently he doesn't want me being a SAHM at all. Apparently he doesn't think I should work part-time. Apparently I should be working FULL TIME right after my maternity time is done. Right, work FT just so I can pay someone ELSE to take care of my kid. I'm freaking exhausted working full-time and I'm supposed to do that and be super mom? Meanwhile, he just bought himself a brand-new laptop. Thank you so much DH for making huge purchases when we apparently can't afford to have me be a SAHM. :cry::cry::cry:

Aw hakunamatata :hugs:

DH and I decided for me to be a full time SAHM because if I went back to work full time we would only have about £200 left after paying for child care and it just isn't worth it. We also think that if we can afford for one of us to care for Fran then that is in her best interest. I'm not knocking anyone who goes back to work - every family has a different financial situation - but it just wouldn't be financially viable for me to go back. What's the point in me working my butt off to pay someone else to look after my baby??

I might have to work part time in the future, we will just have to see how things pan out, but if I do it will be evenings or weekends so that DH will be there to care for Fran.

Perhaps you could sit down and work your finances out and see how much you would have if you stayed at home, worked part time and full time xxx

Aww, is it purely financial do you think or does he have other reasons?

I have to go back to work after baby but am hoping to maybe drop down to 4 days a week if we can afford to, unfortunately (fortunately? :D) there are some contractual benefits I stand to get which would mean I would be shooting myself royally in the foot if I left! If one of us end up staying at home it would be hubby as financially it would make more sense.

Feeling a bit sad, I have a growth scan today and unfortunately hubby hasn't been able to get the time off work, he has tried everything but there is noone to cover him, he's so disappointed and I am too. He has been to the 12 week and both anomaly scans but it is still a shame and unfortunately there's noone else who can come with me to hold my hand. Still, he's able to get all the other ones we have booked off so we are very lucky really!

Folly, why do you get so many scans?
I had 3, 12week, 20weeks and 31 or 32 weeks, OH came to 12week scan and 31/32 and my mum came to my 20week scan.

My 3rd scan was a nightmare, i puked, passed out and kicked the student sonographer (is that what they are called? Lol)

Lol - oh no! I'm surprised they gave you anymore after that ;)

I have gestatational diabetes which apparently means you get a bunch of growth scans, I have the one today, then ones at 30 weeks, 34 weeks and 37 weeks. I feel a little overwhelmed by it but at least it means they are monitoring baby closely!

The two anomaly scans were because madam wouldn't cooperate and show us her spine at the first one so had to go back!

I went back to work full time when Macie was just over 6 months :cry:.
I'm also a single mum, so it is difficult paying for childcare too.
With my job tho i had no choice of part-time lol. Although i REALLY wish i could hehe. xx

I went back to work full time when Macie was just over 6 months :cry:.
I'm also a single mum, so it is difficult paying for childcare too.
With my job tho i had no choice of part-time lol. Although i REALLY wish i could hehe. xx

your LO is soooo cute!! :baby:

I had 7 scans in total.

Im going back part time but my mams watching Niamh.

Hi ladies! How are we all?

Francesca is growing up so quickly - I can't believe she is 20 weeks old tomorrow!! She has taken to solids very well, has got 2 teeth coming through and is almost sitting unaided - she manages a good few seconds before wobbling over! She is such a happy little girl - unless she gets bored and then she is a bit whingey lol. She seems to be coping with the teething really well so far, she doesn't seem out of sorts or crying.

Her weight gain has slowed and she is now following a curve rather than just spiking upwards. She has been in 6-9 month clothes for over a week now - she was only in 3-6months for about 4 weeks lol.

DH and I are celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary today! The weather that day was just as unpredictable as today. When I was in the car on the way to church we had a downpour so heavy that we could hardly see out of the windscreen! Luckily it stopped before we got there so I didn't get wet on my way in lol. After the service we had a couple of photo's outside before a thunderstorm hit and we had to go back inside again. I'm actually quite grateful for this because we got some gorgeous pictures inside the church that we wouldn't have got otherwise. Once the storm ended we went back outside and the sun shone brightly - it was extremely hot!

This time 4 years ago I was just waiting for the car to come back and pick me up from my dingy rented house - now I'm a married woman who owns her own home with a 4.5month old baby :)

Happy anniversary! Ours is Saturday. We're spending it in an 8 hour childbirth education class. :haha:

Definitely NOT what I expected to be doing on our 1st anniversary. I thought kids would be a couple years away. Apparently we're really good at quickly talking ourselves into stuff. I'm so happy she'll be here soon. I couldn't imagine waiting 2-3 more years for her. Just 9 months has been way too long!

I know it's all the excitement makes it drag lol. I, personally, can't believe you are almost full term already!

Hi ladies

Just a quick question if you don't mind regarding how far gone I am. The date of my last period was Sun 8th May so in my head I was thinking every Sunday I go up week so for example today I am 6 + 2 (Sunday being my 6th week and 2 days as in Monday and Tue.)

When I added my dates into a due date calc on Sunday it said I was only 5 weeks pregnant so is it the case I only go into my next week on the Monday of each week so today I am 6 +1?

I hope I am making sense and not coming across thick but this is my first and I am little confused.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->