Any big momma's out there?

Hi Ladies,

Just thought I'd check in..I'm 40 weeks today yikes it's my due date. As I mentioned in my last post I've opted for a VBAC with no induction, due to possible scar rupture and other problems.

I've got a C Section booked for 10 days times incase I don't go into labour naturally. I had a section with my DS due to his position & all went well no after problems from the operation but I was 2 years younger and a lot slimmer back then.

My question is if anyone can answer, how did you recover from a C Section with a high BMI? Mine was 38/39 at my booking in appointment I've put about half a stone on since so just worried about recovery now. I've been told that I'd be prone to infection & blood clots..oh the joys. I just stride over one hurdle to be greater by another.

Hi love! I'm sorry I can't help with your question but I just want to wish you luck and hope it all goes smoothly :hugs:

I cant help either but i hope everything goes how you want!

I lost 7lb in 2weeks :happydance:
Half a stone, GONE!! :D

Hi Ladies,

Just thought I'd check in..I'm 40 weeks today yikes it's my due date. As I mentioned in my last post I've opted for a VBAC with no induction, due to possible scar rupture and other problems.

I've got a C Section booked for 10 days times incase I don't go into labour naturally. I had a section with my DS due to his position & all went well no after problems from the operation but I was 2 years younger and a lot slimmer back then.

My question is if anyone can answer, how did you recover from a C Section with a high BMI? Mine was 38/39 at my booking in appointment I've put about half a stone on since so just worried about recovery now. I've been told that I'd be prone to infection & blood clots..oh the joys. I just stride over one hurdle to be greater by another.

Sorry that I can't really help. But I just wanted to say that I believe the fact that you are more "prone" to get an infection is a load of crap. Sounds like another doctor trying to make a woman feel bad about her weight. :growlmad: Sorry but stuff like that just angers me.

Good luck though! I hope you are feeling well. :flower:

I dont know ether Tommee but you will be given support socks to wear for your duration in hospital, i refused as they were so uncomportable and you will need to take a tinziparin injection twice a day for i think 6 weeks with a section

:hi: I posted on here months ago :blush: hope you dont mind me joining

Hi Ladies,

A friend with similar BMI had a c-section couple of years ago, the only issue she had was her stomach overhanged quite a bit which is where her wound was so she had to be careful and needed to air it everyday for awhile...... however I don't think it is only high BMI ladies that have this issue I think it could happen to anyone. Best of luck

Hello lovely ladies! How is everyone?

I've been super busy recently finally becoming a proper housewife and doing some housework so I've not had time to check in as much as I would like :haha:

Fran is doing super well on her solids, she is now on 3 meals a day and there is nothing she won't eat except plain baby rice lol. I'm going to clinic to have her weighed tomorrow and to have a chat with my hv just to make sure I'm doing everything right :thumbup:

The only problem we have at the moment is the fact that she is waking at 3.15am every morning and struggle to get her to go back down again - which is taking it's toll on my energy levels lol. She has dropped her night feed and isn't waking up hungry so god knows what the reason is - I think she has an alarm clock in her chest!!!

Harrison went thru a stage of waking at about 4am, first he wanted an extra feed then he was just waking out of habit, once he went into his own room i left him for a few mins after he woke and he would fall asleep again after babbling to himself.

Iv lost 9.5lbs in 3weeks! Super happy!

Wtg Amber - can you lend me some of your willpower please?????? :haha:

Unfortuantely Fran doesn't just lay there and babble. She shouts. And the shouts get louder the longer you leave her until she starts getting distressed :dohh:

Bigbetty - does Frank use a dummy and this is what she is crying out for? JJ used to wake in the early hours and it was because he wanted to suckle on his dummy, our solution was the sleepytot bunny with you attach a dummy to.

She does have a dummy but has never really bothered with it. It usually falls out a few minutes after she falls asleep and doesn't wake up for it.

I've tried popping it back in but she still won't settle xx I've never heard of a sleeptot bunny - gonna go google it now xx

So I had a stupid co-worker that I barely know tell me that I was "on the heavy side" and then asks me "do you have kids?" and I said no, and he said that I should lose weight before I have kids. Mind you, I did not bring up the subject of weight loss. He doesn't even know that I'm thinking of TTC in the autumn - it's not something I would ever tell this idiot. He just started spouting off his advice about how I should really try to lose weight while I'm young because it's so much harder when you're older and especially after you have kids. And he was yammering about it was SO much riskier to be pregnant and overweight. Okay, maybe I wouldn't have minded hearing that from a very close friend who I care about. But some goofy ba$tard at work that I barely know?!?! It was completely out of line and uncalled for!! :growlmad:

Aw I would have asked him if he knows what being overweight is good for and when he said no I would have replied "sitting on overbearing, self opinionated idiots who can't mind their own business" lol!!!

Aw I would have asked him if he knows what being overweight is good for and when he said no I would have replied "sitting on overbearing, self opinionated idiots who can't mind their own business" lol!!!

:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->