Any big momma's out there?

Hi ladies,

I hope everyone is well - I still keep up to date with this thread even tho I usually don't have time to post!

So we had our 3D scan yesterday, and it was amazing! At first baby wouldn't play ball and was laid all tucked up, so I had to do some of my yoga poses and jiggle around alot, lol!! But luckily baby was then in a great position and we got some amazing photos and DVD footage :cloud9:

We also found out that we are :pink: It was so emotional, I just love being able to refer to 'her' and 'she' and calling her by name - Tessa Liana Rose :cloud9:

So we then went out and bought lots of girly things :winkwink:

I just can't wait to meet her now :happydance:

Congrats on the pink bump! Love the name you have chosen too.

Hi all

Just wanted to give you a quick update. I had a few pains a few weeks ago so had a scan at 8 weeks and everything was fine and I could see the heartbeat.

Had my first midwife appointment yesterday and she was really nice. When o got weighted I think she was a little shocked as I think I carry it quite well but she was not negative at all. She did explain the extra risks of being overweight and did say I would be under shared care but that was about it.

The only thing that made me worry a little was that when i told her that I am going on holiday to Turkey (will be 18 weeks) she went a bit funny about it. I told her we had booked it last year and asked if there was there a problem with going and she said DVT during flight and food poisoning.

I have booked extra legroom seats and will get up every half hours and I know to be careful of certain foods. I have been to the hotel for the past 3 years and it is clean, comfortable and safe. I was really looking forward to the break. Am I being irresponsible and is it too risky.

I have my Nuchal scan a week Monday so will let you know how it goes. i have also booked a gender scan at 16 weeks as me and the hubby are so impatient and dying to know what we are having.

No I don't think so love, you know the hotel well and it's not like it's the first time you have travelled abroad. 2nd tri is the safest time to travel too. Go and enjoy your holiday!

Good luck with your scan xx

Hi all

Just wanted to give you a quick update. I had a few pains a few weeks ago so had a scan at 8 weeks and everything was fine and I could see the heartbeat.

Had my first midwife appointment yesterday and she was really nice. When o got weighted I think she was a little shocked as I think I carry it quite well but she was not negative at all. She did explain the extra risks of being overweight and did say I would be under shared care but that was about it.

The only thing that made me worry a little was that when i told her that I am going on holiday to Turkey (will be 18 weeks) she went a bit funny about it. I told her we had booked it last year and asked if there was there a problem with going and she said DVT during flight and food poisoning.

I have booked extra legroom seats and will get up every half hours and I know to be careful of certain foods. I have been to the hotel for the past 3 years and it is clean, comfortable and safe. I was really looking forward to the break. Am I being irresponsible and is it too risky.

I have my Nuchal scan a week Monday so will let you know how it goes. i have also booked a gender scan at 16 weeks as me and the hubby are so impatient and dying to know what we are having.

Hiya, I'm not as far on as yourself. But, I flew to Cyprus when I was 10/11 weeks and I was fine. Like you said, as long as you keep moving and drink plenty of fluids I'm sure you will be fine hun. xx

I think you will be fine, especially as you've been to the hotel before. Enjoy ! Sometimes I think midwives have to cover all bases.

I wouldn't worry about travelling hun, I flew to Cyprus at 19/20 weeks and was fine. I wore the DVT stockings on the flight and did regular exercises and got up and walked around alot - no probs! I even stuck my belly out and got priority boarding, lol :)

As for food poisoning, just be a little more cautious than usual - sure you'll be fine, just relax and enjoy it - and don't do what I did and fall down the stairs on the first day, doh! I was fine, but badly sprained my ankle - typical!!!

:friends: Hi All,
Could I please join???
We are currently WTT and I am on a healthy eating drive before TTC.
My current BMI is 40 and according to guidelines I should be around 7 stones lighter. With the best will in the world that aint gonna happen before December!!!

I would really value all of your advice and support as I am sure I will encounter similar health professionals once I am pregnant.
Also as I had Eclampsia in my previous pregnancy 12yrs ago.. think I may be in for a fun ride!!!!

Hi Mummyjessie - welcome to the sturdy birds club!!!

We will give you all the help and support you need xxx

Welcome jessie!
Iv recently joined weigytwatchers and in 7/8weeks iv lost almost a stone :) bringing my BMI down from 39 to 37, just another 5st to go! X

Just to let you know I had my Nuchal scan on Monday. The baby was not playing ball at first so it was hard to get a measurement but after me jigging around on the table with my jelly belly on show I got a Nuchal reading on 1.5mm. I got my blood results back today which was nice and quick and they came back lower risk with a 1 in 9656 so I will take those odds. They did not give me result of trisomy 13 and 18 which I assumed I would get but maybe I was wrong. Can I assume as the downs syndrome risk is so small the other 2 would also be the same?

If they had found something they would tell you love - I don't recall getting the results for trisomy 13 and 18 either but my down's risk was 1:65. Mind you it was a bit of a blur so they might have told me!

No worries love - you could always mention it to your midwife next time you see her xx

Hi Ladies,

I thought it was about time I shared my wonderful birth announcement with you lovely ladies & introduced my perfect baby girl Ella :))

Well I went 10 days over and due to my previous C Section I refused to be induced due to risk of scar rupture so was booked for my 2nd C Section, although I was told of all the increased risks been overweight and high BMI of 38.

My perfect DD was born on July 8th weighing 8lb 10oz with no problems. I've recovered physically so much quicker then last time and Ella is doing great :)

I had the perfect pregnancy & birth thankfully no health problems which I told I may suffer with my high BMI etc but TBH I had a much better time this time round then with DS when I was a healthy weight? So the medical know it alls aren't always right I was scared stiff when I first got a BFP because I was overweight, I lost so much time instead of enjoying my pregnancy getting worried and stressed about my weight.

One of the reasons it's taken me so long to share my news is 2 days after Ella was born my Dear Dad passed away :-( I was really close to him & loved him very much so although I'm over the moon celebrating my DD I'm devastated about my Dad, he never got to meet his Grandaughter although I spoke to him just after she was born to tell him the good news. I'm ok though and taking each day as it comes and feel so blessed to have my beautiful children. Xx

Oh huge congratulations love - thank you for sharing the news!! I'm also so sorry to hear about your dad, it must be a very difficult time for you xx

Tommee - congrats on the birth of your daughter, glad it all went well and your recovered. Sorry to hear of the loss of your father it must be an extremely emotional time :hugs:

Ktw - as Betty said assume all ok if they haven't told you. I remember not getting my bloodworms all back from initial bookin mw said if I hadn't been contacted then everything was ok

It's me again, sorry, I just have more questions in my head daily. I was just wondering when you started to show or when you noticed a difference personally in your size or shape? Also does it start low down or round our belly button or will I see it change under my boobs?

Xx

I was a 16/18 pre preg and 'popped' at 22weeks, i just suddenly had a bump and not just fat! I was still abit flabby at the bottom but i carried quite high and i got huuuuuuuuggggggggggggggeeeee. :haha: i was expecting an 11lb'er!

I'm sorry to say that you couldn't tell I was pregnant! I was a horrible flabby B shape that didn't pop out and I lost 3.5 stone too so just looked slimmer lol. Only I and people close to me could see the difference in my tummy and how the top part sat higher than usual. Even now I get serious bump envy lol!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->