Any big momma's out there?

BB - I had a massive B bump too that never 'popped'. I was size 20 pre preg and could still fit into my trousers at 20 weeks as I only put on 2lb. My trousers dud start feeling tighter just before this about 16 weeks.

My bump appeared high up too after 20 wkd but think that was more to do with some of my flab being pushed up instead of baby. I gained over 2 1/2 stone in last 8 wkd of pregnancy resulting in me getting massive couldn't get dressed by myself the last two weeks of being pregnant!

Betty! I've missed you!
How are you and Francesca getting on?
I'm finding it hard keeping up with Linzie these days, it's all go! x

Well I have officially started TTC! I only lost 9 lbs but hey it's better than nothing right? Anyhoo, I will keep you all posted :thumbup:

Betty! I've missed you!
How are you and Francesca getting on?
I'm finding it hard keeping up with Linzie these days, it's all go! x

Hey sweetie we are really great thanks, how's things with you?

I know what you mean, Fran needs constant entertaining these days lol.

Are you on fb Hun? I will pm you my name if you are xx

Hey sweetie we are really great thanks, how's things with you?

I know what you mean, Fran needs constant entertaining these days lol.

Are you on fb Hun? I will pm you my name if you are xx

Glad to hear it's all going well!
I am on fb, so get pm-ing lol x

I never know what to do with Linzie these days, I know where your coming from with constant entertainment! I'm so tired by the time she goes to bed! :sleep:

Hi Ladies!!

WOW....it's been a long time since I've been here but it's time to come back so I've just been reading and catching up on everyone's stories! :coffee:

Congratulations to all those who have had their LO's whilst I've been absent....they all look gorgeous. And well done to the rest of you too...I can't believe how time has flown and the progress of all the other babies. :baby:

I haven't been around here for a long time as sadly TTC hasn't been top of my priorities recently (although I've still been incredibly broody and want it more than anything).

We started TTC last October and were really hoping to for a baby this year, not only as it's our own dream but also because my dear grandfather is terminally ill and is not expected to make it to this Christmas. We really wanted to be able to share some good news with him...sadly this has not yet happened. His deteriotation has been distressing to watch and has been very stressful for our family as they do not live close to us. I don't think the stress of this situation and my crappy work this year has not helped us on our journey to conceive. To add to it all my uncle was diagnosed with terminal cancer as well a few months ago and died in July.

What's this got to do with TTC and my absence from here?? Well, seeing how cruel life can be and how it can end so abruptly made me face up to my own health problems. You see, for a while I had noticed a chnage in one of my breasts but tried to put it to the back of my mind. Seeing these 2 men go through this made me face up to it and for the last 10-12 weeks I have been backwards and forwards to the doctors and hospitals to be checked for breast cancer. I can honestly say it was the scariest time as everything was so uncertain. I also had to take the decision to stop TTC whilst being referred as I was scared of what might happen if sod's law I was to fall pregnant and be seriously ill. This was such a hard decision and conversation to have with my husband but I had to do what I felt was right. :cry:

Anyway, I am pleased to say that all tests and checks have come back clear and although life is not stress free (!) we are back on TTC!! I've joined slimming world and a gym and have lost 9lbs so far and am trying to have a healthier, positive attitude towards life. I couldn't face checking in here before, it was too much of a reminder of what I didn't have but hopefully you won't mind me being back here again.

Here's wishing lots of babydust to all of us 'sturdy birds' TTC and lots of luc and success for those of you pregnant with your LOs.

If you're still awake...thanks for reading!
It's good to be back xxx

Hi there, it's lovely to see you back again xx

I'm sorry you've had a horrible time of it lately :hugs: but it's wonderful that you have had the all clear!!

I wish you all the best now you are back ttc xxx

:hi: big and broody

:hugs: for the tough year you have had but great news on getting the all clear. Hope you get your BFP very soon !

How's everyone doing? Started new meds today. WTT gets nearer to its end!!!!:happydance:
A little lighter too would be great if the diet fairy is listening!!!
Soon will be TTC. Getting excited now!!!! :yipee:

Aww Mummyjessie it's so exciting!!!

Fran and I are great thanks - well if you don't count Fran being a grump because of teething lol.

Just thought I would introduce myself on this thread !

I am obese size 18 -20 sometimes 16 if im lucky lol and I have an 8 and half month old son ... im pregnant with my 2nd child now nearly 5 weeks gone in 2 days I feel more nervous this time because I now weigh more as I have my baby weight from my son i still have not shifted cause im too lazy :(

To all ttc i hope you get your :bfp:s soon ... and i hope to post on this thread more often :)

xxx

Welcome to the Sturdy Birds Club love!! Congratulations on your bfp xxx

Hi Ladies, how is everyone?
Its been a while since I posted on here so thought Id say hi.
Well, as you can tell from my ticker im nearly half way...where has the time gone? I had my 12 week scan and all was good, NT low risk etc. Had my 16 week midwife check and that was a bit scary, they couldnt find the heart beat. I had an urgent scan and all was well, it was a combination of having a wriggley baby and a anterior placed placenta. Prob my extra pounds didnt help either!
Anyway, all was well. I have my 20 week scan on the 12th and will finally meet the consultant...eek bit scared that he'll tell me off. I dont think Ive put on weight, lost it if anything. But, its still scary.
My BP has been low so far which is better then high, so hope that continues!
I have a slight bump which suprised me, cause I didnt expect to show for ages, people have even noticed it! I have always had a sort of waist though so guess thats why. Im feeling occ flutters but nothing major at the moment.
Sorry for the essay, just thought id fill you all in.
Hope you are all well? Well done on the weight losses and lovely updates of the little ones.
Good luck to those TTC and congrats to the BFP's!!! xxx

Well, as you can tell from my ticker im nearly half way...where has the time gone? I had my 12 week scan and all was good, NT low risk etc. Had my 16 week midwife check and that was a bit scary, they couldnt find the heart beat. I had an urgent scan and all was well, it was a combination of having a wriggley baby and a anterior placed placenta. Prob my extra pounds didnt help either!
Anyway, all was well. I have my 20 week scan on the 12th and will finally meet the consultant...eek bit scared that he'll tell me off. I dont think Ive put on weight, lost it if anything. But, its still scary.
I have a slight bump which suprised me, cause I didnt expect to show for ages, people have even noticed it! I have always had a sort of waist though so guess thats why. Im feeling occ flutters but nothing major at the moment.
Hope you are all well? Well done on the weight losses and lovely updates of the little ones.

Just thought would say Hi!!! I am quite new to all this and am gaining valid opinions and info before we TTC later this year.
Keep us posted on what the consultant says... My GP has said I will need to be under the care of consultant for most of my pregnancy due to Eclampsia ( and Em. CS ) last time and high BMI.
Good Luck with the consultant! x x

Just thought would say Hi!!! I am quite new to all this and am gaining valid opinions and info before we TTC later this year.
Keep us posted on what the consultant says... My GP has said I will need to be under the care of consultant for most of my pregnancy due to Eclampsia ( and Em. CS ) last time and high BMI.
Good Luck with the consultant! x x

Good luck with the TTC when your up to it.
I'm sure you will be fine, I'm actually glad to be under a consultant. It puts my mind at rest that I'll be monitored closely esp at the birth! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->