Any big momma's out there?

Just got back from my Dr apt and it went well :D I was only in there 5 minutes! I told her I had cramps for the past few days and she looked worried, I thought it was common? She felt my tummy which wasn't as embarrassing as I thought it'd be. She didn't mention my weight, just mentioned to eat as healthy as poss :D EDD May 12th!! So excited. Thanks for helping put my mind at ease. Got my first midwife appointment on the 7th of Oct! xoxo

Went to the doc's the other day, as I want to lose some weight before we TTC again, and she said my BMI is 37.
She's put me on this course thing, called Exercise by Invitation, which is basically a free Gym membership! Woo!

Wow free gym? I need a bit of that lol!

When are you thinking of ttc again? We won't be for a couple of years - I'm not even sure if I want another yet!

I need free gym! Even Tom (OH) doesnt get free gym and he has to go for physio for his disability! He still has to pay £30 a month.

Lucky you! X

I need free gym! Even Tom (OH) doesnt get free gym and he has to go for physio for his disability! He still has to pay £30 a month.

Lucky you! X

I want to join a gym but i have no motivation.

I'm exactly the same! If I join then I will need someone to join with me so we can make arrangements to go. I used to be a memeber of a gym before I moved to Burton and loved going with my friend from work.

I used to go with a friend when i was 18. We would spend an hour and a half in the gym, half an hour on the machines, half an hour in the sauna and half an hour in the aromatherapy room. After we would go to the brewsters over the road and share a chocolate fudge cake :rofl:

Hahahaha yeah that sounds about right :haha:

There was a pub across the road from our gym too :blush:

Hi, just come across this thread and think its a fantastic idea for over weight mums to be, but im going to fess up, its 3.10 in the morning and im knackered and want my bed so I havnt had chance to read much of the threads, not that i intend to read all 245 of them lol.

Anyway, im classed a Obese with a BMI of 39, but I had a gastric bypass in feb 07 wich went drasticl wrong, whilst I lost alot of the weight im also left with a huge saggy skin belly, but even without this id still be over weight.

I have an extra scan planned when im 32 weeks, biut im unsure what this is for, the nurse made out it was becouse I was a big girl but the doct made out it was becouse i had a bypass and wants to make sure babe is growing fine. Anyone else had to have a 32 week scan.

Aslo can anyone tell me, when do us larger lovelies start to show, I know its not going to be as soon as the slender ladies becouse we have more padding, but cant seem to find this info any ware, also with me being larger, will it delay me feeling my baby move? And (yes, another question), will my baby be able to hear less of the outside world becouse im more padded? silly questions I know, but there important to me and if anyones experianced it the infor would be like gold dust to me..

Hi, just come across this thread and think its a fantastic idea for over weight mums to be, but im going to fess up, its 3.10 in the morning and im knackered and want my bed so I havnt had chance to read much of the threads, not that i intend to read all 245 of them lol.

Anyway, im classed a Obese with a BMI of 39, but I had a gastric bypass in feb 07 wich went drasticl wrong, whilst I lost alot of the weight im also left with a huge saggy skin belly, but even without this id still be over weight.

I have an extra scan planned when im 32 weeks, biut im unsure what this is for, the nurse made out it was becouse I was a big girl but the doct made out it was becouse i had a bypass and wants to make sure babe is growing fine. Anyone else had to have a 32 week scan.

Aslo can anyone tell me, when do us larger lovelies start to show, I know its not going to be as soon as the slender ladies becouse we have more padding, but cant seem to find this info any ware, also with me being larger, will it delay me feeling my baby move? And (yes, another question), will my baby be able to hear less of the outside world becouse im more padded? silly questions I know, but there important to me and if anyones experianced it the infor would be like gold dust to me..

Hey hun.. welcome :flower:

I had a scan at 31/32weeks, its a growth scan, its just to check baby is growing properly, nothing to worry about! Afterall you get you see your baby again, skinny minnies dont get too :D
Im a UK 16/18 and i popped at 21/22weeks. I cant remember when i started feeling him move but i think i was around 20-23weeks, i did have a few flutters before that tho, but i also had an anterior placenta so i didnt feel him as much as other feel their babies.
I have no idea about hearing the outside world, it wasnt something i thought about, but he did love music he moved loads when i put music on. He also jumped one night when OH set the smoke alarm off. X

I didn't show at all :(

I was bmi 44 when I got pregnant and have lots of saggy skin on my belly. Although I could tell and those closest to me too, I just looked fat like usual to everyone else lol.

I also had a growth scan at 32 weeks which was booked in from my first consultant appointment because of my weight. Turns out she was a bit on the small side so I had 2 more after that and thankfully she had a good growth spurt.

I didn't realise until close to the end of my pregnancy that I had an anterior placenta - I had no problems whatsoever feeling Fran move. In fact her nickname was little miss wiggles lol! I felt the first flutterings at about 16 weeks and proper kicks at about 22 weeks.

There were no problems with my scans either - the sonographer would just politely ask me to lift my belly up :haha:

Fran always moved to music too - especially nine inch nails :rofl:

I even saw her turn when she went head down - my belly looked like something from an alien film the way it rippled!!!! Steve and I were mesmerised!

So while I didn't look pregnant I didn't miss out on any of the joys and sensations xxx

Afternoon Ladies, Hope you are all well! Thought I would share my good news with you all!
Things are looking up!!
2 weeks ago my BP was 140/90
This week its 131/70, am now on a safe for pregnancy medication and my BP is at a safe level. Hurrah!!! A wee bit more weight loss, then its game on for TTC!!! lol

Afternoon Ladies, Hope you are all well! Thought I would share my good news with you all!
Things are looking up!!
2 weeks ago my BP was 140/90
This week its 131/70, am now on a safe for pregnancy medication and my BP is at a safe level. Hurrah!!! A wee bit more weight loss, then its game on for TTC!!! lol
:happydance:

Fairy, at 20 weeks could still fit into normal trousers but this was the last week, felt strong movements at 23 weeks but after realised some sensations I was feeling was movement. I too had no issues with my scans.

Jessie excellent news on the bp :)

Hello my lovely ladies, how are we all doing? Any news?

My beautiful princess is poorly at the moment :( She started off with a cough and now it's turned into a cold and at night she can't breathe and during the day her nose is constantly dripping bless her!

But on a happy note she started clapping for the first time today :happydance:

:happydance: Yay for clapping!!
But a big BOOOO to poorlyness!:hugs:

A little more positive news in a round about way.... getting my Mirena out next week, hopefully will lose a wee bit more weight and fingers crossed for a :bfp: by Christmas!!
Don't know who is more excited OH or me!!!

Get Well Soon little Fran x x :hug:

Aw jessie that's very exciting indeed!!! I will be keeping everything crossed for you love xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->