Any big momma's out there?

saw my midwife today she was so nice just said i would need to see a consultant because of my bmi but that was all no lecture

Did anyone elses ask them how many of your 5 a day do you get?

not mine she just said eat healthy and little and often

not here either she did recommedn breakfast cerals if feeling sick, as it is cheap, digestible and fortified with lots of vitamins...

Girls if anyone tells you you wont get a good scan pic because of your size they are talking rubbish. Im a size 22 and got a great pic.

Girls if anyone tells you you wont get a good scan pic because of your size they are talking rubbish. Im a size 22 and got a great pic.

I hate this excuse for going for a scan and getting a crappy pic....I had scans at 4,7,9+12 weeks and they picked up Pickle on all the early scans fine...as soon as i switched departments to have my 12 week scan they told me it was a bad pic because of my weight......Actual reason was the contrast on the screen was turned down...I was so annoyed I kicked up a right stink about it....My 20 week scan was fine too...no probs seeing bubs and i have a Huuuuuge jellybelly

I think some sonographers really need to address there bedside manor for sure,I think because of the fuss i caused when i had my 12 week scan ive had nothing at all said about my weight everytime ive been now.

Girls what can i expect at my consultant appointment?

i would like to know that my consultant 9 years ago came in looked at my notes introduced himself handed over to a mw and i never saw him again

Hey, i'm also big whilst pregnant but am dieting whilst pregnant, not like starving myself or anything just only eating when hungry and eating healthily.

At my first consultant appointment nothing much happened, I had high blood pressure at the beginning so she ordered me to have a doppler scan and said come back on so many weeks.

i too am anxious about the consultant appointment.
when did you recieve your appointment date? i ahvnt had any appointments through yet, not for my scan, appointment or anything. i dnt even ave my green notes yet!!! xx

Have you seen your midwife? I saw mine at 8 weeks. She booked my scan for 13 weeks then I got a letter for consultant at 16 weeks. At consultant I saw a different midwife who listened to baby and did bp. Then had to wait for consultant who checked my notes and made some notes. Booked appoint for gtt at 28 weeks, wants me to have a growth scan at 30 something weeks and appoint with anehatist to check back in case I need injections. That's bout it, nothing to worry bout really. Kinda pleaesd cos I get to see my baby another time!!

Have you seen your midwife? I saw mine at 8 weeks. She booked my scan for 13 weeks then I got a letter for consultant at 16 weeks. At consultant I saw a different midwife who listened to baby and did bp. Then had to wait for consultant who checked my notes and made some notes. Booked appoint for gtt at 28 weeks, wants me to have a growth scan at 30 something weeks and appoint with anehatist to check back in case I need injections. That's bout it, nothing to worry bout really. Kinda pleaesd cos I get to see my baby another time!!

I iv seen my midwife. Il be 14 weeks when i see the consultant and still have my normal 16 week appointment. Il be having the GTT at 24 weeks

I hope this hasn't been asked already, but at what stage did you ladies start to feel baby's movements for sure?

I'm about 220 pounds...just wondering if the weight makes the movements more tricky to feel?

Although I already had a big fat tummy, it's grown massively in the last week! I look so fat, ugh.

I felt mine at around 16 weeks, little flutters. So don't let anyone tell you it will take
longer!!!

Oh cool that's great to hear! I do sometimes think I can feel something, but I am sure I am imagining it lol.

I felt my first baby at 14 weeks and this one at 13 weeks! :thumbup:

Oh cool that's great to hear! I do sometimes think I can feel something, but I am sure I am imagining it lol.

Lol, I was like that too! But couldn't have been anything else, told midwife and she said yup that's baby!

Is it next that are generous with there sizes?

I dont know what size to order?

First hello to all as I haven't posted here but am definitely a big soon to be momma. I was just wondering have any of you who already have kids or are far along still had a "B" belly. I am almost 25 weeks and have no signs of getting a round belly and think I will have a b belly through out which kind of sucks but hoping maybe some people just get theirs later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->