Any big momma's out there?

I've not been here for a bit and wow how this thread has grown! :thumbup:

I saw midwife last week, at 16 weeks.
She said my bmi is 40 (bearing in mind I was about 8 weeks preggers when I got weighed) - I worked it out at 37.3 - the nhs calculator has just told me its 36.9! - I shall be readdressing this with her yet again, as, the last baby I had, my bmi was 36 I think (it was over what it should be, but not loads) and they told me then that my bmi was 39 or something and said the same thing then. I had to phone them to tell them they'd got it wrong. That was in 2009!. Anyway, 40 is their cutoff, so I have to see a consultant and anaesthetist at the hospital, in case of epidural/ injections etc.. Which seems daft, so far I've had 4 babies, all healthy, all with no problems, all with no pain relief. Well, except for gas and air but that doesn't count! :lol:

So I shall be telling my midwife off good and proper I think.

Also, I haven't had half of my bloods done as they cocked them up at the booking in and didn't give me half of the paperwork.

And my 12 week scan I get this week. When I'm 17 weeks. :roll: I know it's a busy hospital but I'm getting a little bit sick of this.
The only good thing about it, is that, after this scan, I get my next one at 20 weeks and then they leave me alone til 28 weeks along, which is my next m/w appointment. Well, that, and I do like the midwives, they are nice, and very competent in other areas, I think they're just relying on the bmi being done by computer thing too much - I can do it here and it comes up completely differently. And I made sure to use the NHS bmi calculator too. :roll:

Hope you ladies are all well, happy and healthy with your little ones :)

First hello to all as I haven't posted here but am definitely a big soon to be momma. I was just wondering have any of you who already have kids or are far along still had a "B" belly. I am almost 25 weeks and have no signs of getting a round belly and think I will have a b belly through out which kind of sucks but hoping maybe some people just get theirs later.

I had the B throught my whole pregnancy first time. The top was rock hard though. The best thing to do is wear something fitted just under the bust and it will give you a good shape.

This is a really poor photo from my last pregnancy but you get the idea.

https://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l97/sarafused/bumppic.jpg

yup I'm a biggggg girl too! 5ft 10 high and wide! Conceived really easily and no probs so far, not gained any weight either.

I HATE when I go to the midwife they never have the larger cuff for my blood pressure, makes me feel like some kind of medical mystery. I am big there is nothing I can do to change my situation, so I want to be positive and think good things, not feel ashamed for being big.....

or they have to go back out to the car to get the bigger cuf!

I hate it when they take my blood pressure and then look a bit puzzled because its allways perfect!!!

i know what you mean i was lucky this time the cuff fitted but they always look puzzled when my bp ok

Another big girl here! Short and wide - UK size 20 and I'm 4'11".

I had heaps of trouble conceiving, took me 8 years.

I've never felt healthier though, and no issues with being overweight and pregnancy - except the hospital I wanted to birth at wont take me due to my size. I sort of want to labour mostly at home anyway so I'm not too worried.

I lost a few kg in the first tri and haven't gained any of it back, so I'm actually the lightest I've been for years haha!

UGH yeah same here with the blood pressure! Congrats on getting preg after 8 years Minty! We're due quite closely, I'm due the 23rd of Nov

Afternoon lovely ladies, so nice to see so many more people here, hope we're all feeling beautiful :)

Hope everyone's had a gorgeous weekend and not doing anything too strenuous. Well i'm feeling VERY heavy now, baby getting into all sorts of unusual places that make me feel incredibly uncomfortable, still got B bump going on without clothing and only really while i'm sat down but looks very round to people looking on. Funnily enough actually had my 1st and only ridiculous comment from mum's friend from Church yesterday, i've not seen this lady since before getting pregnant and was asking my mum how she was etc and mum was saying how excited she is what with grand-daughter being due in just under 7wks, she looked me up and down and said, well i didn't like to say anything incase you'd just gained loads of weight. I was like WTF who have you ever known to JUST gain weight on their stomach and to such excess lol, could have understood maybe 12weeks ago but deffo not at almost 34wks pregnant, there's deffo no mistaking my bump for anything BUT a bump, some people really dont think before they speak. Was funny watching her squirm with apologies though hehe :)

Nineena, oh man what a silly thing for her to say, and I can clearly see from your avatar that yo look 100% pregnant!!!!

I neither look or feel pregnant at this stage and I dont feel kicks yet either... I wishhhhh I could scurry ahead 10 weeks or so!!

Happy i started feeling like bubble type pops or flutters from about 16 1/2 weeks- 17 then they sort of got really obvious from around 19 and by 27 hubby could feel kicks but think baby got lazy now and doesnt often kick out so he's not felt them for past 2 weeks although i still get a battering. I started showing at about 20wks, in fact i'll have a root round and see if i can find my last few pics

20wk pic

https://www.babyandbump.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=67587&d=1268141166

27wk pic and then last pic is 31wk pic

Attachments

• 27wk 1.jpg
    27wk 1.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 12
  • 27wk 2.jpg
    27wk 2.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 31wks.jpg
    31wks.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 11
Nineena - thank you SO much for the bump pics!! SO lovely! Well I start my 16th week tomorrow so here's hoping its soon. I got myself all worked up and phoned the maternity ward this afternoon :s I explained ALL symptoms were gone and they said not to worry its normal at this stage, and my friend said the same tonight, so feel a bit better!

You're welcome :) its funny ive not looked at the pics like that before, never realised how round the bump had got haha, doesnt feel like that when i stand in front of the mirror in a morning. Will be doing another one this weekend coz i feel like ive just gotten enormous last few days and alas ive started getting stretchmarks on my sides, suppose i shouldnt complain getting this far without lol.

Pregnancy is a very scary time, i cant remember how many times ive rang midwives for reassurance but that's what theyre there for so im glad they managed to make you feel better, hope you're feeling good today :) xxx

Hello ladies! Not been on for a while, had a rough few days not really eating much and being sick lots so last thing I felt like was sitting at the pc. Feeling better now and managing to eat a bit more. I've lost 10lbs since I found out I was pregnant though but feel bigger than ever so haricot (dh's joke nickname which just stuck lol) must be doing ok (fingers crossed!!)

Had a lovely couple of days staying with my family too - saw my 3 month old nephew who is just absolutely gorgeous.

My mum has bought me some lovely baby grows and all in ones and the cutest little winter coat because i'm due in January. My 8yr old nephew picked out a little cuddly bean toy too bless him. Have to admit I haven't bought anything yet, we are waiting until after the 12wk scan but I have been having a nosey at things so I know what I like lol.

Can't believe it's only 3wks until my scan - I'm so excited!!!

Nine - I do feel a bit better today! My bump decided to stick back out last night! I took a pic to prove it and will post it later when I charge my phone up.

I think talking to you, the midwife and my friend really helped and I know staying positive is the best thing to do!

Betty.... ohhhhhh the morning sickness I remember it well I literally hit 15 weeks and bam it was all gone, so not long to go!!

Evening all! Hope all is well!!

Had my 21 week scan today! Was lovely. Saw baby looking like it was munching something then had a little yawn. Bless.

Am absolutley over the moon. Never thought I would make it this far!!

We had kfc to celebrate!! Lol baby was doing sumasalts in my tummy!! Lol

stayed on team yellow though even though nearly had 2nd thoughts before hand! Lol

2wantedpls - oh that is so excitingggggg!!!! I can wait for my next scan! You have such good will power staying team yellow!! Good for you (I cant say the same thing about me!)

stayed on team yellow though even though nearly had 2nd thoughts before hand! Lol

I know I won't be able to resist finding out when it comes to my 20wk scan. Have asked DH what he thinks about keeping it a surprise and he is adamant he wants to know too lol.

I do think it might be nice not to know until LO arrives, but i'm so rubbish I won't be able to help myself asking lol :dohh:

Hi girls - my scan is also 3 weeks today! Can't wait. It was going to be 2 weeks on Friday but am at Glastonbury so had to change it - but the later it is the more we'll be able to see, so keeping happy!

Glad everyone is well, and love the bump pics!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->