Any big momma's out there?

Hey new ladies! Welcome.

I had bad morning sickness from 6-16weeks and couldnt eat after 4pm till 25weeks coz it would make me puke! I had to avoid big supermarkets with fish counters coz id puke, i once ran thru tesco after getting a whiff of the fish counter shouting "move move move" before puking :dohh:

Anywho, he was worth the sickness, the heartburn, the tiredness and hormones! Enjoy :) ! X

Oh god I had terrible morning sickness for 24 weeks. Then for the last 10 weeks I had Obstetric Cholestasis and the most awful heart burn i felt really rough. I put on a stone through my whole pregnancy and when I delivered I weighed the same as before. The only trouble is that as soon as I could eat I went mad and now weigh a stone heavier :cry:

Yikes! I've been pretty tired but only puked once, knock on wood that the nausea stays away!!

Morning sickness is a good sign love - it's not nice but it's a good thing xx

I was strangely comforted by my morning sickness. In my mind it made me feel everything was ok with the baby x

Same here, I was praying for morning sickness but now I can't get rid of it :haha: Casually walking down the street and dry heaving at any smell, lovely site!! xoxo

Same here, I was praying for morning sickness but now I can't get rid of it :haha: Casually walking down the street and dry heaving at any smell, lovely site!! xoxo

I remember one of my bump buddies telling me she was walking to work once and had to stop to be sick in someone's wheelie bin lol.

:rofl: Oh god! I'm probably just a few bad smell away from doing that! I always thought I have a heightened sense of smell anyway but this pregnancy has made me like a sniffer dog! Blech, Can't wait to stop feeling sea sick but it's a good sign so every cloud! xoxo

Hey ladies. Just got back from my Midwife appointment, it went well.. she took my height and weight and jeez, I weigh more than I thought but she was nice and didn't mention it. I was the first to say anything and she just told me I'd need to see a consultant to keep an eye on everything. I was only in there 10 minutes, now I just have to wait for my booking appointment. xoxo

I was shocked at my BMI at my booking appointment :(

My first midwife appointment was my booking appointment, it took over an hour! X

Hey ladies. Just got back from my Midwife appointment, it went well.. she took my height and weight and jeez, I weigh more than I thought but she was nice and didn't mention it. I was the first to say anything and she just told me I'd need to see a consultant to keep an eye on everything. I was only in there 10 minutes, now I just have to wait for my booking appointment. xoxo

That's what they usually do at your booking appointment love - it's all about getting your details and sorting the paperwork to get the ball rolling. I don't understand why you would need another one? :shrug:

I know, it was quite annoying! She didn't do any paperwork or ask any questions. Just told me my edd and took my weight and height and said we would do everything else at my booking appointment, don't know why I couldn't of done it all at once x

Yeah! I'm a bit disappointed! I've been waiting for this for 5 weeks now and it's my first pregnancy so for all she knows, I'm clueless. She didn't even give me any info packs. It's through my doctors surgery so if I'm unhappy next time then I'll ask to go through to Hospital midwives. Boo!

In my area the midwive's are based at the hospital anyway - their office is there - and if I needed to contact her I had to call the office and they would get her to ring me back.

I had my booking appointment at 6 weeks. I went to see my doctor who just confirmed my edd and told me to book in on my way out - so i did lol. It was horrible having to wait until 12wks before I saw anyone again though, so at least you will have a bit more contact than I did xx

Hello ladies, I was booked in at 8 weeks and it was awful. It was a very hot day and I had to take along a sick bag. The midwife was just a stand in one from another surgery. It was all down hill from there really :growlmad: I never saw the same midwife twice, in fact the midwife who was named on my notes I never saw lol.

No I never saw the same midwife more than once or twice, but it never bothered me really. I kinda got used to it cos of having to go and see the consultant I was always seeing different people lol.

Exactly! I have my first appt on Thursday, but I'm pretty sure it's just to confirm pregnancy (which I've kind of done myself lol). I'm anxious to have a "real" appointment and a u/s.

I think that's a really sad you didn't get to see the same mw throughout. I didn't particularly like mine at the beginning but after 7 months of appointments we'd built up a really good rappor. Regardless though during labour I still had a different mw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->