Any big momma's out there?

I still look at Fran and can't believe she's mine! She is so amazing and she has changed my life in so many good ways. I love her to the end of the universe xx

Aww that's lovely to hear! X

It didnt hit me that i was having/had a baby till harrison was 4days old, the first hour at home and he screamed for 20mins and i broke down. called my mum said she could have him and that i wasnt cut out to be a mum. However after he fell asleep, that was when it hit me, he was my baby and here to stay :)

When i was pregnant i couldnt het my head around the fact id actually have a baby IYKWIM? I dunno i cant explain it, but now i cant imagine my life without him and i really wouldnt change it for the world :cloud9:

I feel like that. I can feel it moving, kicking etc but still dont believe its going to be mine and we made it! Its so silly isnt it. I think I will prob be the same as you and breakdown the first time it crys constantly or cant settle it. I guess just keep calm, deep breaths and it has to stop crying at some point.
In your experience do babies pickup on tension?
Sorry for asking silly questions x

Id say so yes. That first time he cried (ever!!) was the first time id felt scared because id been in hospital for 4days with midwives around to help and i just didnt know what to do. It does get easier tho, i promise :) x

Hi sparkle!!!!

Well ladies it's been a while since I gave a good update about Fran so here we go!

She is 8.5months now and and weighed 23lbs 13oz last Tuesday. She started crawling about a week ago - followed a day or so later by pulling herself to her feet! So now my day is spent chasing her around the room to stop her pulling the stereo off the shelf or turning the sky box off lol!

Her little personality is really shining through now. She is cheeky, clever, funny and loving. We had a nice compliment from the doctor last week - he asked if she goes to nursery and when I said no he mentioned how well her social skills are developing :happydance:

She has had a cough and cold for about 4 weeks now - straight after teething - and she went off of finger and lumpy foods completely for quite a while! First it hurt to bite the bits off I think as it was her 2 front bottom teeth that came through, then she couldn't chew and breathe at the same time so would only eat food she could just swallow straight down. I was worried that she had become fussy but a couple of days ago she started feeding herself little bits again, which almost made me cry with happiness, and we are slowly getting back into our old routine. Some days she is still quite bunged up but we just work meals around how snotty she is lol!

My baby girl is becoming a toddler so quickly :cry:

Hi sparkle!!!!

Well ladies it's been a while since I gave a good update about Fran so here we go!

She is 8.5months now and and weighed 23lbs 13oz last Tuesday. She started crawling about a week ago - followed a day or so later by pulling herself to her feet! So now my day is spent chasing her around the room to stop her pulling the stereo off the shelf or turning the sky box off lol!

Her little personality is really shining through now. She is cheeky, clever, funny and loving. We had a nice compliment from the doctor last week - he asked if she goes to nursery and when I said no he mentioned how well her social skills are developing :happydance:

She has had a cough and cold for about 4 weeks now - straight after teething - and she went off of finger and lumpy foods completely for quite a while! First it hurt to bite the bits off I think as it was her 2 front bottom teeth that came through, then she couldn't chew and breathe at the same time so would only eat food she could just swallow straight down. I was worried that she had become fussy but a couple of days ago she started feeding herself little bits again, which almost made me cry with happiness, and we are slowly getting back into our old routine. Some days she is still quite bunged up but we just work meals around how snotty she is lol!

My baby girl is becoming a toddler so quickly :cry:

Its lovely to hear how fantastic Fran is doing! They are such fabulous little people at her age! x:happydance:

BB - Fran sounds like she's really growing up. JJ turned one last week and all of a sudden his face looks more like a toddler instead of a baby. Like Fran he pulls himself up and cruises the furniture but hasn't the courage to walk on his own yet. She's definitely early at 8.5 months to be doing those things. Love the new avatar

Thanks sweetie!

She isn't quite cruising yet, but she lifts her legs up and moves them closer to the sofa or whatever so she can reach further lol

Clever fran! Harrison started crawling, pulling himself up and cruising all within a few days of turning 8months. At 17months he still isnt walking :dohh:
The last few days tho hes been trying to more and more tho bless him, i dont think it will be more then a few weeks now tho till hes walking properly :D xx

Ah bless Harrison. JJ has no interest in walking he finds it too much of an effort and much prefers cruising around the furniture or crawling at super speed. I'm really loving this developmental stage as I feel we are really starting to interact with each other. Jjs new trick since last week is clapping his hands..... He does it all the time, nappy change clap hands, got remote control clap hands, burp clap hands love it.

Hehe, Harrison laughs at everything atm! If he burps he laughs, if he farts he laughs, if he bangs his head he laughs! He weed when stood in the bath last night and thought it was the funniest thing ever! Hes also discovered a really fake laugh, he goes Haaarrrrrrrrrr haaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr harrrrr, its quite sweet but he does get some strange looks from strangers when im out shopping! :rofl:

Fran has started doing a "cute pose" where she tilts her head to one side and smiles - she does it to strangers we meet when out lol!

Hey everyone! Hope you're all doing well.

I'm really good, started my new job and just tired all the time! But I have my scan booked for Oct 31st so just counting down the days. It says they might not be able to perform the scan if you have a high BMI on my letter so just worried but hope it'll go okay.

BigBetty - Your DD sounds completely charming haha and I love the pic, so cute! xo

I'm sure your scan will go just fine hun! I can't wait until you tell us all about it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->