Any big momma's out there?

Morning Everyone!
Reading all your stories about midwives is kinda scary. I am a wee bit scared of the booking in appointment when the time comes. My GP wants to book me in for Consultant led care so I guess I will be like you Betty, having lots of different ones. Well it will be so worth it for a healthy and happy Mum & Baby by the end of it. Did any of you guys have an elective CS or are thinking of one?

You wont get to choose a c section unless you go private (and pay thru your nose!)
The only time you get to choose a c section is if your having twins, or a previous very difficult birth etc.
To start with i was wishing he would be breech etc so i could have a c section and it to be over with, but in all honesty im so so glad that i did it naturally, its something i am extremely proud of!
You will be fine love :) x

Nope I wanted a natural birth and I'm so glad my induction went well enough that I got one! It was the best experience of my life! I was really proud that I got through all the worst contractions with just some gas and air - I did have a shot of pethedine but that was quite early in and it didn't really do anything. And I did the pushing without anything :)

The only reason I saw different midwives was because there are 3 working in the same team in my area and they just happened to change every so often - so I saw all 3 at some point which was actually really nice.

I saw the same consultant for every appointment except my last for some reason but again I was just happy that someone was there to monitor me and Fran x

And the booking appointment is nothing to worry about - the midwife just fills your details in your green book and weighs you and takes your blood pressure. It's just to get the ball rolling with your care really xx

Hello ladies :hugs:

mummyjessie, you will be fine. I only had my problem with midwives as we had a shortage of them in the area at the time so we had midwives from different places standing in. I cannot fault my care though through the hospital, I saw the same consultant every time.:hugs:
I have had 4 normal births with only gas and air. It's fine honestly, yes it hurts but it is so worth every contraction. It takes longer to get over the birth when you have a CS, it's a major operation :wacko: :hugs::hugs:

Had to have an Emergency CS with S so I just presumed that due to BMI and previous CS I would need to have another, would love a Natural Birth TBH
: lol :
Need to get my :bfp: first!!! Will be trying so very soon!!!!:happydance:

Not necessarily hun! I suppose it depends on why you needed a c-sec before really xx

Hello :hugs::hugs:

I have two friends who both had emergency c sections. One went on to have a natural birth second time round and the other said " no way I'm having a section " lol. Both were allowed to choose what kind of birth they wanted second time round. Both were happy with what they chose in fact the one who had a second section said how nice it was second time round because it wasn't an emergency, she recovered very quickly and says she should do it again if she has any more :thumbup:

:hugs::hugs:

Hi Ladies, Hope everyone is well?
Ive not been on here for ages!
As you can tell, time is ticking for me...24 weeks, crazy! Ive been really well from the start, no sickness or anything. Ive even got a baby bump, I thought I wouldnt really get a bump due to my size. But, nope there it is out for all to see. I realised when all of our patients were asking when Im due, I thought I must look preggers not just fatter ha ha!
We had our 20 week scan and didnt find out what we're having...its sooo tempting! I have to have a growth scan at 28 weeks and then maybe 35 weeks.Will have to try and resist temptation when we have the scans!
I Have my GD test soon, hope that goes well?!
Sorry for waffleing on, thought Id try and up date you all!
Cute little pic of Fran!

So pleased all is going well Claire1. Its lovely to read a fantastic story of things going well for us "sturdy birds".
x

Hey Claire - I can't believe you're so far along already! Where has the time gone???

I'm so pleased everything is going well for you xx

Thanks ladies! I dont know where the time has gone? Just waiting fotr maternity leave to start. When did you all start your maternity leave?

I started my mat leave at nearly 32 weeks, well i used 4weeks holiday first so mat started at 36weeks x

As soon as I could lol! I had a few issues in my workplace which were causing me great stress and I knew I wasn't going back so I started as early as possible xx

When are you starting yours?

Same as bathbabe, around 32 weeks. My last day is 2nd dec with a weeks holiday to take before. If it was at a different time of year I probably would have left it a bit later, but I think it will be lovely to be off for december and organised for xmas!
7 weeks and 4 days to go....yay!!!
I keep getting a bit nervous at the thought of it as well...my life is gonna change over night. I cant imagine how much its gonna change when the baby is here?!
Did anyone else feel like that?

God yeah - you just can't prepare yourself for it though. It's amazing and scary all at the same time lol!

Im fine with it most the time, but get the occassional omg...im having a baby!! Think it will hit me when im in labour. I think what worried me was we had a patient in today and I asked how she found being a mum, and she said 50-50. 50% good, 50% bad! Crikey, im fully expecting it to be hard and tiring and all the rest of it. But was hoping the good outweighs the bad...blimmey ha ha

I still look at Fran and can't believe she's mine! She is so amazing and she has changed my life in so many good ways. I love her to the end of the universe xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->