Any big momma's out there?

I have a high bmi and my 12 week scan was fine. No comments were made and I wasnt asked to do anything out of the ordinary. You'll be fine hun!
All you other ladies, your little ones sound soooo cute!!

I have my first scan on Dec. 1. I also have 2 appointments in November. Hopefully no one will say anything about my weight because then I'll have to slap people :haha: I'm a size 18, do you guys think the doctors will say anything?

I was a size 22 and noone really batted an eyelid beyond mentioning I had to be under consultant care and have a GTT and growth scans. I ended up with gestational diabetes and I have to be honest from that point that's all they talked about and noone mentioned my weight again!

i am morbidly obese my bmi is 56 i am pregnant with number 3, nothing wrong with it but... expect to have to help sonographers and lift your spare tyre.
expect to be talked down to!
and... enjoy it as much as you can hun xxxxx you probably wont start showing till way into the 2nd trimester but... YOU WILL GET A BUMP EVENTUALLY! xxxxx

:hugs:

My BMI was 39 when i fell pregnant (i checked my notes last night) and i had no issues, nobody said anything, i was a size 18 x

My bmi was 44 when I got pregnant, I was a uk size 26. I had to lift my belly flab but was asked to do so politely and just as a matter of routine. I had no problems with anyone thankfully.

I never got a bump though :nope:

Luckily everyone has been really nice to me. I posted something similar when I was early on and was fully reasured. I think its different for everyone. My weight hasn't caused any problems yet and luckily I carry most of my weight around my hips and bum so my scan was fine and I have shown a bump fairly early on, but everyone is different! Im sure you will be pleasantly suprised. The only thing they have said is that its good that I DONT smoke due to blood clots etc and will also need to have Heperin injections (I think its called) after the birth to prevent blood clots. Thats about it!
Im not looking forward to my GD test though!!

Luckily everyone has been really nice to me. I posted something similar when I was early on and was fully reasured. I think its different for everyone. My weight hasn't caused any problems yet and luckily I carry most of my weight around my hips and bum so my scan was fine and I have shown a bump fairly early on, but everyone is different! Im sure you will be pleasantly suprised. The only thing they have said is that its good that I DONT smoke due to blood clots etc and will also need to have Heperin injections (I think its called) after the birth to prevent blood clots. Thats about it!

My consultant told me I would need the anti-clot injections, but I lost so much weight during my pregnancy that my bmi dropped below 40 and the midwife told me I didn't need them :happydance:

My consultant told me I would need the anti-clot injections, but I lost so much weight during my pregnancy that my bmi dropped below 40 and the midwife told me I didn't need them :happydance:

Lucky you!! I dont think I will be so lucky though he he. I think its only for a few days??

I don't know hun, I was never told how long it would be for. I was chatting to the midwife when I got back on the ward after Fran and told her how much weight I'd lost during my pregnancy so she took me straight to a set of scales to check lol!

I don't know hun, I was never told how long it would be for. I was chatting to the midwife when I got back on the ward after Fran and told her how much weight I'd lost during my pregnancy so she took me straight to a set of scales to check lol!

I bet you were buzzing!!! Not only had you given birth to beautiful baby girl...you lost a load of weight as well! Good for you hun! xxx

Yeah I was - shame I've got no willpower and piled it all back on again though :blush:

Can I ask how a doctor can class someone as "obese"?? I'm a size 12-14 (mostly) and my doctor says I'm overwieght and according to any BMI calculator I'm classed as obese?! :shrug: ...

bigbetty I've just seen on here that your due date was 11th Jan ... That is when my due date was supposed to be too ... Though when that date arrived she was already 5weeks old!

Yeah that was my original due date - it got pushed back to the 15th at my dating scan and she arrived 13 days late on the 28th lol!

Your bmi is based on your height and weight - so if you are a bit on the short side it can put you higher up the scale at your clothes size. Does that make sense?

Here is a link to a bmi calculator so you can work it out for yourself xx

https://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

I love that profile pic, looks like Fran is trying to catch bubbles!

Thanks hun - she is lol! My SIL blew the bubbles while I took the photo's :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->