Any big momma's out there?

I had an anterior placenta too - didn't know until I read my notes after giving birth. I had absolutely no problems feeling Fran kick or seeing my belly move lol!

I had an anterior placenta too! Flutters at 16weeks and kicks at about 21-22 weeks.
5lb 4oz is good :) Harrison was 5lb 12oz at 36.3weeks :) they gain fairly quickly in these last few weeks xx

Thanks for words of encouragement ladies. I feel okay. Talked to my mom and she was very supportive and said just to rest and take some time to be emotional about it but to not dwell on it. I have some moving pains that feel like gas bubbles and some intermittent pain in my left side that comes and goes. Not sharp, not prolonged, just kind of there and then gone. No more spotting. I'm resting and, if I feel less than stellar tomorrow, I will call the midwife. My hubby is going to get me some food and my favorite drink of the moment (cherry limeade). I'm feeling well cocooned by my loved ones.

Hoping my little peanut is just making momma uncomfortable but hanging in there!

By the way, I asked my midwife about age and weight and she was so supportive and encouraging to me. Said those are minor factors in a healthy pregnancy and that the focus should be on medical history and lifestyle. Love her!

Thanks everyone! I've felt a few little pokes but so excited to feel a big kick haha.

Claire - Every things going great :D! Not long left for you now, I bet you can't wait.

Saucy - I'm sure all will be fine :D It sounds like you have a very supportive family and midwife which is amazing xoxo

5'7" 19st exactly. Mummy to a perfectly healthy 8 motnh old boy born 8lb 10oz. However... I had nothing but crappy comments about my weight during and after my pregnancy. I even complained to NHS about it. At my 6 week check my GP told me I was 'so fat my son wouldn't want to be associated with me when hes older'.
It's nice to see others are brilliant mummies regardless of weight. Being a good mother is defined by your dress size yet people critisise. Ergh!

5'7" 19st exactly. Mummy to a perfectly healthy 8 motnh old boy born 8lb 10oz. However... I had nothing but crappy comments about my weight during and after my pregnancy. I even complained to NHS about it. At my 6 week check my GP told me I was 'so fat my son wouldn't want to be associated with me when hes older'.
It's nice to see others are brilliant mummies regardless of weight. Being a good mother is defined by your dress size yet people critisise. Ergh!

Omg that's absolutely shocking! How dare your GP say something like that? It's as if they think we don't have feelings or something!! Grrrr I'm so bloody mad now!

Welcome to the sturdy birds club hun - we're here for you xxxx

MrsLaw id of put in a huge complaint agaisnt that Dr!!! grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

On a happy note... Welcome :hugs: xxx

:shy:Thanks for the welcome bigbetty andd bathbabe.
I did. I phoned and wrote them and 8 weeks later I got a letter in the post saying something along the lines of 'sorry for the late reply but i was on annual leave. I appologise if my comments upset you however your weight is medical issue'
As if I couldn't walk or something. I haven't got a single medical problem and i'm perfectly mobile. I eat well and walk everywhere. I'm just a choccie monster :shy:
TTC #2 now. 16 days late but a negative 3 days ago. :(
How are you girls doing? babies already? TTC?

MrsLaw id of put in a huge complaint agaisnt that Dr!!! grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

On a happy note... Welcome :hugs: xxx

I have my little princess who has just turned 11 months old - and she's more than enough for now lol!

I have a 19month old son, Harrison.

Im still trying to convince OH to ttc a second.... hopefully id of talked him around by may so we can ttc when H turns 2! Good luck with ttc, hope you get your BFP soon xx

Thanks. Good luck with the convincing. :winkwink: Fortunately the idea of lots of practising appealed to my dh almost immediately and he agreed to letting us NTNP early as it took 18mths last time. Never been more than 5 days late so im hoping my test was wrong :/
I have a son who is 8 months old next week, Harry. xx

I have a 19month old son, Harrison.

Im still trying to convince OH to ttc a second.... hopefully id of talked him around by may so we can ttc when H turns 2! Good luck with ttc, hope you get your BFP soon xx

:hi: mrs law

That's awful how your doctor has treated you, must of been very upsetting when it should of been a happy time in your life.

I have a 15 month old boy and am TTC no2. However I'm currently having issues with irregular long sometimes non anovulatory cycles. Hoping to lose some more weight this year to see if that helps my cycles to stabilise or I get pregnant. As I'm sure this is the first thing my gp will request I do when I go back in march for further tests.

Fingers crossed for the testing

Hello Jellycat.
It was very upsetting and it took a long time to move on from it. It's just sad that even if your a few ounds above 'normal' every single thing is because your overweight.
Good luck with TTC and losing some weight (I wish could stick to a diet haha) .
Currently going out of my mind at the moment - 17 days late. Last time I was later than 7 days, I was pregnant with Harry. I'm kinda hoping I tested a little too early and thats the reasoning for my negative.
xxx

Thanks for all the support and well wishes but my little peanut did not stick. Welcome MrsLaw, don't let the dr get to you. Through everything my weight was never an issue even at the end.

Oh my goodness! I would have told them to F**K right off!!!

I'm 15 weeks today. Normally around 16 and a half stone (size 18, 5ft 8), stressful time ttc, went on holiday, put on a stone, fell pregnant, gave up smoking, put on another stone. Currently pretty grumpy at 18 and a half and petrified of how big I will get considering I can't stop eating!!!

Lovely to meet you all! x

did you ladies find you put a lot on during pregnancy? If not, how did you manage it? Help! :wacko:

I actually lost 3.5 stone in my pregnancy - it was a combination of being sick at least once every day and a severely reduced appetite. When I did feel like eating I couldn't eat very big portions. So it wasn't because I was trying, didn't really have any choice lol.

*sigh* no sickness here, just a bit of nausea! x

did you ladies find you put a lot on during pregnancy? If not, how did you manage it? Help! :wacko:

I put on about 6lbs total!! combi of morning sickness (8pm-9am) and couldnt eat after 4pm coz id puke it right back up :( i also suffered with severe heartburn which put me off eating :( x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->