Any big momma's out there?

Congrats lollibop - most of my clothes I bought for JJ were either next or Mothercare with a few m&s and Asda / sainsburys. 'occasion clothes' were m&s or surprisingly bhs and gap, had some nice dungaree sets in last year. Also FYI I used alot of Muslins (26 initially) as had sicky baby and still come in handy now. I found socks frustrating when young as we're always falling off his feet (and still do now!)

Hope you enjoy all the shopping!

Jellycat you need to get some sock ons!!! They are absolutely fab!!!

Yeah they are fab! I got mine from Mothercare but you can buy them on amazon too xx

Thanks Jellycat! I can't wait to start shopping.. been looking online all day :haha:
It's all coming together now. Hope the next few months fly by xo

My favourite places for cheap but good quality clothes are Asda and Matalan. Now that Fran isn't piling the weight on anymore I also treat her to the odd bit from Debenhams and Pumpkin Patch because I know she won't grow out of it in 6 weeks lol.

Oh yeah forgot about matalan we got some great things from there, best fitting jeans, gorgeous fleece sleepsuit that we used to put JJ in at night after his bath in winter some nice footloss onesies too. Have to admit it was frustrating how quickly JJ grew out of his nice clothes.

2 weeks - newborn
3 weeks to 2mths - 0-3mths
2mths to 4 mths - 3-6mths
4mths to 6 mths - 6-9mths
6mths to 12mths 9-12mths frustrating because I stored buying do many clothes at this point thinking he would not be in them for very long and ended up being 6months!

Have to admit his 12-18mth clothes haven't lasted long either he's 15mths now and moving into 18-24mth clothes

Oh yeah forgot about matalan we got some great things from there, best fitting jeans, gorgeous fleece sleepsuit that we used to put JJ in at night after his bath in winter some nice footloss onesies too. Have to admit it was frustrating how quickly JJ grew out of his nice clothes.

2 weeks - newborn
3 weeks to 2mths - 0-3mths
2mths to 4 mths - 3-6mths
4mths to 6 mths - 6-9mths
6mths to 12mths 9-12mths frustrating because I stored buying do many clothes at this point thinking he would not be in them for very long and ended up being 6months!

Have to admit his 12-18mth clothes haven't lasted long either he's 15mths now and moving into 18-24mth clothes

:shock:
This was Harrison:

0-2months - Early baby/tiny baby clothes
2-4months - newborn clothes
4-7months - 0-3months clothes
7-11months - 3-6months clothes
11-17months 6-9months clothes

Hes currently 19months old and wearing the stuff he was given last christmas! :rofl:

My friends baby was similar weight to Harrison when born, JJ is a year younger but 4lbs heavier than him now. I prefer the infant clothes 0-24mths vs young boy

Fran's been in 12-18m clothes for a while now and has been in 18-24m t shirts a few weeks because she's long in the body. Any new clothes she gets now will be in 18-24m.

Hello, don't mean to butt into your conversation but I thought I'd join you. A bit of background, I'm classed as 'clinically obese' but have a gorgeous 8 week old sleeping in his crib at the moment. I lost about 2 stone before conceiving through being really ill, and then I got pregnant. It was a complete accident and long story short I'm a proud single mummy. I had a good pregnancy except for a massive bleed at 16 weeks. I had the consultant appointments and extra growth scans because of my weight - all totally unnecessary but it was nice to see Zac grow and develop inside me. I was induced at 13 days overdue and after 36 hours in labour, Zac was very distressed and I was rushed in for an emergency section.

Anyway, I was meant to start losing weight on 2 January and getting more active but it hasn't worked that way. I've still been eating rubbish and not been going for daily walks like I said I would. I'm still sore from my section so that doesn't help I guess but I really don't like my body post pregnancy - even if I get to look like I did before Zac I'll be satisfied. Here's hoping a get rid of this baby weight soon - I'm meant to be going on holiday in May!

Erm, sorry for the essay - I tend to do that and kill threads rambling about utter crud! :)

:hug:
Hello! Welcome! x
Lots of us in the same situation here!
I am currently looking at TTC No 2, have a BMI that is too high by far. The support in this group in second to none! x

:hi: congrats!
I felt the same after JJ was born 8 weeks is still very early and I didn't have a cs. You'll be able to start doing more soon. :hugs:

I too have a high bmi 38+ and TTC no2 but my cycles are messed up and don't think I'm ovulating past two cycles. Going to docs this morning feeling nervous what he will say ...... Lose weight ?

Hi there - welcome to the club! Thank you for telling us your story and congratulations on your little bundle of joy :flower:

Thanks girlies! Jellycat - you've lost 30lb! That's amazing! I hope your appointment goes well and the doctor will be of some use!

I think 8 weeks is too soon to be doing anything too extravagant. I'm also combination feeding so I don't want to put myself on a strict diet and my boob juice suffer! Mind you, my supply is pitiful (10-20mls per feed!) so he gets more formula really. I just don't want to give up just yet. Bigbetty - that WHO guideline is really useful and put my mind at ease about pre making bottles an hour or so in advance. :flower:

Good glad it's helped. Basically your bottles are fine for 2 hours.

As I exclusively ff from birth and we fed on demand I found it impossible to know when to make them up so I followed the WHO guidelines and stored them in the fridge for up to 24hrs - I still do this now! Everyone finds a way that suits them and fits in with their schedule, I just find it helps to know I'm doing it safely xx

Harry is 8 months next week and in 12-18 months clothes. hahaha

also... AF showed up on CD58 of a 34 day cycle. :( never mind... try again next month. x

Still no AF for me, going to test again on 17th. Think it's going to be :bfn: and a while til my AF's get back to 'normal' after bcp.

Nexis - hopefully it will only take a couple of cycles to start regulating again , good luck!

Went to doctors about my erratic cycles and not ovulating and he's sending me for an ultrasound to see if I have PCOS. Glad they are looking into it and didn't get the lose weight response which I was expecting (even though I will have to if I want medication to help TTC)

Anyone know where I can buy nice tops smart/casual for work? I normally buy Evans but find their quality and size/shape abit hit or miss . I want something which can hide my stomach. Also not too expensive as on a budget at the moment

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->