Any big momma's out there?

thank you so much nine and becs! I am big for 16+3 tho aren't I!? I was just inspecting my wrinkles sheeeeeeesh they are looking BAD!

Even tho I am size 16/18 I still have a bump, I am sure my LO is in my back, I am hardly showing!! My hairdresser said the same to me!! I was like, I know she is there, she makes sure I know lol!!! My Mum never showed until she was 8 months plus with both me and my sis!! I consider myself to be lucky, have had no problems with my pregnancy. Been plain sailing!!

becs its funny how we take after our Mum's! My Mum was always big bumped!

2 days till my consultant app!

Wonder if they are going to say anything about me wanting a homebirth

Hi

just stick up for yourself. I was told by my friend the other day about her aunt who had all 5 of her babies at home, her aunt was a 'normal' weight ordinarily but always put on loads and went up to over 20 stone in pregnancy; she did have reservations expressed by medical staff but she got some of the local midwife team behind her and that was invaluable. Be aware that some consultants are very anti home birth anyway; they are trained to see birth as a high risk medical scenario that needs to be dealt with in the least riskiest way possible in their eyes this doesn't usually include home births. I'm getting a bit worried myself but am hoping I don't get victimised by this seeming shift in NHS policy of seeing a BMI over 30 on its own as a massive liability, so hope I won't have to see a consultant or do the glucose tolerance test, and I'm hoping with the home birth they will take into account I had one before and had no problems; but you never know really.

Soph

I dont think bump is too big happy, just looks like a gorgeous pregnant bump to me :) Wear it with pride hehe xxx

Oh i had a horrid well npo it wasnt horrid but i had a big shock today when i was walking in Asda, there was an unsuspecting mirror on the aisle and i did a double take coz i didnt recognise myself passing by all i could see was a big football lol

happigail, that's a stunner of a bump! I'm impressed. It's beautiful. I like your shaggy "bedhair" look too - I wish I had hair like that but it's so limp and oily right now.

Hi

just stick up for yourself. I was told by my friend the other day about her aunt who had all 5 of her babies at home, her aunt was a 'normal' weight ordinarily but always put on loads and went up to over 20 stone in pregnancy; she did have reservations expressed by medical staff but she got some of the local midwife team behind her and that was invaluable. Be aware that some consultants are very anti home birth anyway; they are trained to see birth as a high risk medical scenario that needs to be dealt with in the least riskiest way possible in their eyes this doesn't usually include home births. I'm getting a bit worried myself but am hoping I don't get victimised by this seeming shift in NHS policy of seeing a BMI over 30 on its own as a massive liability, so hope I won't have to see a consultant or do the glucose tolerance test, and I'm hoping with the home birth they will take into account I had one before and had no problems; but you never know really.

Soph

They can try all they want but unless i develop complications they can sodd off. Iv got to see a consultant to do an assessment to see if there will be any problems should i need a epi or a general. The only way i will be having ether is for an emergency section!!

I had a booking in BMI of 41 so they will be going on that, even though i have lost weight.

You stick to your guns girl. All this nonsense about bigger women being at higher risk during pregnancy - I have never had any "weight related illnesses" and don't intend to start now!

At the end of the day we pay our taxes for them to work for us and providing there is no medical reason why not they should follow your wishes. They may not agree with you but that doesn't mean they are right and you are wrong.

Good luck luv!!!!!

Oooh look at me having a little rant there - must be the hormones raging hahahahahaha!!!

lol. I havent had any problems from being bigger ether. My BP has allways been perfect, even after having my implant out. My GP took it twice cos she thought the machine was broake because it had not gone up.

Obv if i develop complications then i will go to hospital but if i dont, im staying at home. They cant make me go in!!!

I am hoping to join this thread! I am about 5'1'' and I wear 18/20's. I found out a few days ago that we are expecting! I am so incredibly happy, but extremely nervous because of our m/c last November. I do feel almost a sense of calm though because this one feels a little different. I am just trying to trust that everything is going to be okay. Just trying to make sure I keep in my head that there is no reason I won't be holding a brand new infant in 8 months.

Hi Virginia!!!!! This is my favourite thread on here! I always check it first!! Congratulations to you! you must be so excited and a little nervous I can understand that, but its SO good you are staying calm, all those lovely feel good hormones going to your bubsie!! x

hey, i also have my consultant appt monday, but it is at the same time as my booking in appt :(
dnt know how they will work out BMI, can they do it accurately this far into pregnancy??
im extremely bloated, and have gained like 6lbs from what im gathering is water retention!!

im jus glad the appt has finally arrived :) xx

They will go by what you weight now. I hope i get weighed again because i have actualy lost weight.

When do they first weigh you girlies?? At your first docs appointment to confirm you are pregnant or later on? xx

Afternoon ladies, hope everyone is well, finally managed to upload latest bump pic from Friday, feels enormous now lol

Tut looking at that pic it doesnt look any bigger than my avatar done over 3 weeks ago grumble grumble grumble

Attachments

• 34wk bump.jpg
    34wk bump.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member