Any big momma's out there?

Give New Look a try hun, they have some long line stuff that I love as it covers what you want them too. Also Sainsburys have a range that goes up to 28 too. Good Luck x

I like Dorothy Perkins!

Got another scan today cos baby is so wriggly! Fingers crossed he's a sleepy boy today so she can get some measurements :haha: xoxo

Give New Look a try hun, they have some long line stuff that I love as it covers what you want them too. Also Sainsburys have a range that goes up to 28 too. Good Luck x

I love new look, their clothes are lovely and cheaper than Evans. I buy a lot of clothes in asda too as quite a bit of their stuff is in my size (24)

Ooooh lollipopbop how did your scan go???

Scan was lovely! Finally got all his measurements (took a while cos he's so fidgety)
We saw him sucking his thumb which was adorable. Everything is measuring fine except he's nearly 2 weeks ahead in length so we've got a tall baby but she said that's pretty common seeing as my OH is tall. I Have another scan at 32wks to check growth so fingers crossed he's a good size but not too big haha

How were all your babies measuring at 20+ weeks? xoxo

Aww! Thumb sucking! Zac never did anything like that, most interesting thing he did was it looked like he was giving us the finger.

Zac always measured ahead, From memory his 20 week measurements were average but at the additional growth scans he showed to be getting big. I kept his measurents fromt he growth scan so at 27+5 he was estimated to be 2lb 13oz and at 33+5 the estimate was 5lb 6.5oz. When he came out at 42 weeks he was 10lb 2oz.

Fran was measuring fine at 20 weeks but quite small at 32 weeks so I had another scan at 34 weeks - she had a major growth spurt which was very reassuring!

They told me Harrison was gunna be short :thumbup: they were right, hes a shortie x

Hello Ladies
Im hoping I can join. Im currently 15+3 with my first baby, Im 5'8 have a bmi of 42, (size 22-24 uk) and i have loads of questions!! x

Hello Ladies
Im hoping I can join. Im currently 15+3 with my first baby, Im 5'8 have a bmi of 42, (size 22-24 uk) and i have loads of questions!! x

Congratulations! My BMI was 42 at my booking appointment. I've only recently joined these girls but they're a really useful supportive bunch.

Tested today, :bfn: wait and see now if this month will be another with no AF.

Hello Ladies

Hi there welcome to the club! My bmi was 44 when I got pregnant :)

Please feel free to ask any questions you want xx

Hey ladies, sorry have not updated. Went to first ob appt last Thurs and am measuring 8w3d and hb was in 140s and 150s he said, we also got to hear it for the first time and it was amazing!!!! New picture is of our bean, im in love <3

Thanks for your welcome ladies. Right, fist baby, totally scared, didnt think i could be pregnant right up to the scan date!!
Movement - I have a thick chunky 'apron', despite this and only being just over 15 weeks I keep thinking I can feel the baby move... all i can describe is like someone is touching my insides (just below my tummy button) with a finger. Husband thinks its just gas but im not so sure.......
Birth - I want to give birth as naturally as i can, def dont want an epidural. Im under the care of a consultant, not only because of my bmi but as i have an underactive thyroid. Do you think a natural ie as little pain relief as possible birth can be done??
Sorry if ive babbled................. :wacko:

Thanks for your welcome ladies. Right, fist baby, totally scared, didnt think i could be pregnant right up to the scan date!!
Movement - I have a thick chunky 'apron', despite this and only being just over 15 weeks I keep thinking I can feel the baby move... all i can describe is like someone is touching my insides (just below my tummy button) with a finger. Husband thinks its just gas but im not so sure.......
Birth - I want to give birth as naturally as i can, def dont want an epidural. Im under the care of a consultant, not only because of my bmi but as i have an underactive thyroid. Do you think a natural ie as little pain relief as possible birth can be done??

Hey love! I have a big flabby belly and felt movement at 16 weeks - felt like little flutterings at first then felt proper kicks around 22 weeks. I gave birth naturally and only had one shot of pethedine and gas and air - didn't even think about having an epidural. If I have another and labour goes the same way I know I could do it without anything xx

Hey you, my belly apron is pretty substantial too but I felt movement from 15 weeks too. It felt like you describe and gassy. Hard to explain but I think you can feel him/her from your description. Some people think that bigger ladies can't feel babies until later but it's our outsides that are chubby, not our wombs! Ever heard of a fat uterus?! :haha: As for pain relief, do what's right for you. Your size should have no bearing on how painful it will be. Had I not been induced and Zac was okay, I think I could've done it without. Like you I didn't want an epidural but had to as Zac got distressed & they needed to get him out ASAP. Only bummer for me was that I would've liked to have used water as pain relief but they said no because of my size and that they wouldn't be able to drag me out of the pool. :)

Oh I was induced too - fortunately my labour went really smoothly xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->