Any big momma's out there?

I know this is a happy thread but my sister had a miscarriage at 10 weeks starting Tuesday. The paramedic thinks she passed the fetus last night, I was with her, literally in the loo. I've never seen her like it. Understandably she was hysterical. I know there was nothing I could do or say to make her feel any better. She's got a scan Friday morning to check that everything has come away. I just keep seeing her poor little face in my head, it was horrible. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Sorry to bum you all out, just needed to write it down.

:hugs: x x

Hey, how is everyone?

I had my GTT last week and just waiting for the results, I hope everything went well! The test wasn't as bad as I thought, just boring! I also had my 28 wk check up today and baby is fine but 2 weeks ahead :haha: hopefully he won't get too big, do you get induced if baby is measuring too big at the 36wk growth scan? Had my anti D today too which stung but was fine!.... and breathe! xoxo

Can't believe how long you've got to wait for your result! I called the hospital at 3pm the same day and got mine!

Fran was measuring small so I don't know what they would do if baby is big, I think they might induce though but I'm sure they will go through all that with you xx

Oh! I hope that doesn't mean I've got bad news. I'll give them a call tomorrow if I haven't heard. I was also wondering when your midwife goes through your birth plan with you? I haven't mentioned it yet. Am I not allowed a water birth because of high bmi?

Questions, questions, questions!

I was measuring between 2 and 4 weeks ahead the entire time & they said they wouldn't induce early. I ended up going two weeks over anyway so was induced anyway.

AFM - lost 4lb last week! Yay! I'm going to weekly Buggyfit sessions - its really good and I enjoy it even if I do ache for days afterwards! My sister is really really down. I just want to hug her and make everything better. :( Zac had his second jabs last Friday and has been so unsettled since which makes for sleepless nights. Must pop off now - making teriyaki salmon for tea. Mmmmm!!

2 weeks overdue, gosh! I think I would go mad.

Well done for the weight loss! Poor Zac, hope he feels better.

It must be so hard for your sis but I'm sure you're doing all you can to help her :hugs:

xoxo

Lollipopbop - I had bmi of 37 and was allowed a water birth yet others I spoke to in other districts weren't allowed. They had problems finding Los heartbeat the day I went into labour so was recommended I didn't use the pool as every 15 minutes they monitor the heart rate :-(

In relation to being induced think this too depends on district. Some ladies in here had positive gtt and induced at 38 weeks others had to wait even though measuring large.

I never went through my birth plan with my routine mw she just asked I thought about what I wanted before going into labour. I wrote in bullet point format and kept it brief to be honest it was more to ensure dh knew what I wanted. We never got it out if my bag but mw in labour asked at beginning what I was hoping for I said water birth, no pethidene, epidural as last resort and k injection after delivery.

Picking up my ultrasound results tomorrow hope I get some answers as to why I have heavy extremely irregular cycles.

I was induced at 12 days overdue too - but I had a fab induction experience!

My midwife never spoke to me about a birth plan - I didn't have one anyway, I just went in with the frame of mind that I would go with the flow and whatever happened, happened. I knew I didn't want an epidural if I could help it but I was open to all options - thankfully the thought of having one never entered my mind because the pain was more than manageable on just gas and air.

I also went in wanting as active a birth as possible rather than being restricted to the bed - but ended up spending most of my labour asleep, including between pushes lol!

Hey ladies, how is everyone doing?

I've got a poorly baby, she's really not herself and has been suffering with a terrible high temperature. I think it's a combination of having her jabs a week ago and teething with a molar coming through. I hate having a poorly princess :(

Aw, poor Fran. I wish her better! :hugs:

I'm good! Feeling more PG by the day though. Me and OH like going for long walks but for the past few weeks if I walk for longer than 20mins I get an awful stitch like pain in my tummy/hips. Ugh, it's awful! Still haven't heard back about my GTT? Getting hold of my MW is a nightmare so I'm hoping no news is good news.

Also, hoping you mums can help.. Do I get a bouncer or a rocker?
I want to get this bouncer - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fisher-Pri...TF8&coliid=I1VKV1Y26IM0GV&colid=1RTCLGS0AV5DZ but the reviews say that it won't last too long so wondering if I should get this instead - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fisher-Pri...ble-Rocker/dp/B00382Y0FS/ref=dp_ob_image_baby

First time mum problems :haha:

We had that bouncer hun, I think she used it until about 4/5 months old - when she started sitting unaided. Until she lost interest and wanted to be more independant, she absolutely loved it!

Having never had a rocker though I can't really comment on whether it would be better or not xx

Ooh, you had that exact one? I think it's so cute. I think I'm going to go for that one because I assume at around the time he grows out of it that he'll get frustrated by being strapped in to a bouncer anyway. Every things getting exciting now. My pram came last week (I love it!) and my cots coming next week.. I'm so excited to get everything sorted and to paint his room :D!!

Hopefully he'll like it too! How's Fran feeling today? Hope she's perked up xo

She's much better than yesterday, thank you. Her temperature went back up again though and she started with the runs, so I took her to the docs. She has a slight viral infection which has given her a bit of a sore and swollen throat, but nothing bad enough for antibiotics at the moment. Just gotta keep going with the calpol and see how she goes!

But she's back to her cheeky self, if a little clingy so on the mend xx

BB - do you ever give Fran ibuprofen? I find it the best thing to get jjs temp down as he suffers from it alot. I'm off work due to JJ having high teething temps at the moment I've found his molars cutting through the worst. Hope she feels better soon :hugs:

Lollipopbop - I had a swing for first couple of months which he would have a quick snooze in. The best thing I was given that he loved until he got too big at 10 months was the babybjorn bouncer

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B001ET6P7I

I think both options look good but would probably go with the bouncer too , very cute!

Yeah was giving her calpol and nurofen. Thankfully it seems to have finally settled down now. She's got a molar coming through, snotty nose and dry cough as well as the virus poor mite.

Aw poor Fran, glad she's feeling better.

Jellycat - Thanks! I think I'm going for the bouncer!

Good news for me. Finally got hold of the midwives today and I don't have GD!! Yay! She said my bloods were perfect so I'm pretty happy. We just have a big baby :haha:

Yay. I wouldnt worry about having a big baby - you can do it!!!! They are usually crap at guessing weights anyway!!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->