Any big momma's out there?

Hello Ladies, What a wonderful bunch you are!

I am 29yrs old I live in the Caribbean married for almost 2 yrs, I am 500LBS (just saying that i am squinting, i never say that out loud!) but i don't really look it i wear 30/32 bottoms and 26/28 up top. I carry my weight well (or so I've been told by even doctors)

I am thinking about starting a family, I have PCOS and i know that if I need to conceive i would need to be treated.

But here's the thing, I feel like if i try to conceive like this i am going to be seen as irresponsible to myself and my unborn. I know all the complications but i've also heard such great stories and I wanna be one. I want to try to lose at least 150 before TTC but how long would that take! Uh...my husband really wants at least one baby and he never pressures me but I know what he's feeling.....HELP!

Welcome! There is no reason why you can't have a happy and healthy pregnancy. If you really want to lose a little weight, do it slowly, make a few healthy changes at a time. I have given up alcohol, caffeine and try to eat as low a fat diet as possible, it's not always easy but if you have a fabulous goal in sight then that gives you determination by the bucket load! Good Luck x

Hello - welcome to bnb and the big momma's group!

Having a baby is your choice, no-one elses and you should feel totally comfortable with that decision. Have you asked your doctor for help with losing weight? And is your husband happy to support you too?

I was 287lbs when I fell pregnant with Fran and had no complications - I just suffered with a reduced appetite and severe heartburn!

Whatever you decide we will support you all the way, please feel free to ask questions, tell us what's happening, have a rant or just chat xxx

Thanks so much!

My husband is amazing! He is here for me no matter what i want to do, he will support me! My doctor/gyny.....he basically asked me to lose the weight because he only saw the complications...which was like a bummer for me he said if I lose 100lbs he's gonna start my treatment.

I'm most scared about the actual delivery...what if I need a C-Section? would i be able to the anesthetic....how would I heal from the incision? that's the biggest thing for me! sigh... Sometimes i get so depressed...

i'm just feeling a little blue because all my friends are having babies...and i'm kinda the one who is getting pressured by EVERYONE to get pregnant "but i'm never strong enough to say that I just cant/shouldn't right now...

Hi saucy :wave:
Do NOT worry about giving birth! Worry (if you need to) when the times comes! I personally had a very easy labour which i slept thru... :blush: without an epidural! so size has nothng todo with how your labour/birth will go!

Its always best to try lose weight before falling pregnant but if you dont - nevermind :shrug:
Iv currently lost 18lbs (in a year... :dohh:) but im getting there and you know what they say.. the bigger you are the easier it is to lose :)
Im NTNP at the mo but i havnt had a period since christmas so we will see how things go. Good luck with everything and we are all here if you wanna talk :) xx

Hello Lovey Ladies, how are you all. Ive not been on in AGES!!! Ive been so busy with my new addition who is now nearly 8 weeks old. She is doing really well, gaining as she should, a bit more sleep would be nice but who wouldnt want that! Im loving being a mummy.

Lollipop..I cant believe your so close to your due date, where did the time go?!

I just wanted to thank you ladies for all your help and support during my ttc and pregnancy, I know Im not a regular on here but I did and still do follow you and try and get on when I can.

Saucy, Like the other ladies have said. Its up to you if you choose to start a family, dont worry about what people think and say. Just because you're overweight doesnt mean to say you wont have a good pregnancy. For me I was generally really well, I had no weight related problems at all, everything was fine. I did have a problem with my placenta which related to growth problems for my little girl, she was on the smaller side but was born healthy.
I did have an epidural, but to be fair I was in slow labour nearly 5 days and was exhausted by the end of it and needed some rest. The epidural was pretty good id say, i was numb for most of active labour, but as it wore off it became a bit patchy but it was fine and really made everything more relaxed for me. If your not 100 pain free and needed c section, they would give you GA, so no need to worry.
As for healing after c-section, what will be will be. Slim people are at just as much risk with healing problems etc.

I hope eveyone is doing well and the babies are behaving for you. xx

Rang my doctors today for my blood test results, they said glucose and thyroid were normal as was FSH. She said there were a couple of other ones that hadn't been read yet so she couldn't tell me the results, I know testosterone and LH were being tested too so think it's just those two I'm waiting on now. Have to ring back tomorrow afternoon for those ones. Part of me is obviously happy that the first lot are all fine, but thenn another pary is worried that if they're all normal then what's going on? And whether the dosctor is going to say that we'll just have to wait and see if anything happens if the tests don't show anything. I never thought I'd be wishing AF would show up lol

Rang my doctors today for my blood test results, they said glucose and thyroid were normal as was FSH. She said there were a couple of other ones that hadn't been read yet so she couldn't tell me the results, I know testosterone and LH were being tested too so think it's just those two I'm waiting on now. Have to ring back tomorrow afternoon for those ones. Part of me is obviously happy that the first lot are all fine, but thenn another pary is worried that if they're all normal then what's going on? And whether the dosctor is going to say that we'll just have to wait and see if anything happens if the tests don't show anything. I never thought I'd be wishing AF would show up lol

Me too! I havnt seen AF since christmas eve! x

Just rang my doctors for the last of the test results, they wouldn't give them to me over the phone as they said review by doctor on them, so I have to go and see the doctor to find out what the results are. Generally this means they've found something as if they're all normal they will just give you the results over the phone. Couldn't get an appointment until 13th.

Nexis - I know it's tough having to wait but at least you are being checked over :hugs:

Oh having a doze during labour sounds fab !

I too am NTNP and am trying to lose weight but not got very far since going back to work in September actually I've gained 12lb since being back. Decided to start back on the diet Tuesday after Easter :blush:

I slept through pretty much my whole labour too! In fact I was snoring and dreaming in between pushes :haha:

aww jelly you did amazing on your diet before so im sure you can do it again :thumbup:
nexis - my drs wont give any results over the phone whatsoever!! :dohh: xxx

aww jelly you did amazing on your diet before so im sure you can do it again :thumbup:
nexis - my drs wont give any results over the phone whatsoever!! :dohh: xxx

That's rubbish! It saves people having to go in if they'll tell you them over the phone. The only time my doctors won't tell you on phone is if the doctor needs to talk to you about the results, but for everything else I think they prefer people just calling.

No more NTNP here.
Toms a lying, cheating scumbag iv kicked him out. fucker.

Theres not much to say. Hes been emailing and texting girls the whole 5years we have been together. I got a 'tip off' from a girl he had been messaging so i hacked his emails (im not ashamed) and it was FULL of pics of naked girls he had been talking to, he had been offering them money for pics too, slaggin me off to his best friend (who travels the world and often just turns up at our house when he comes back from his adventures) asking if he had numbers of girls coz he was bored of me and needed a shag from someone else.

Fucking hell, iv been bored of his 2second wonder sex from day one I SHOULD BE THE ONE LOOKING FOR A SHAG ELSEWHERE!

Oh yes, there is a curb with his name on it and it sounds like he just found that out. So sorry bathbabe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->