Any big momma's out there?

hi ladies has anyone had a bra fitting at bravisimo

I haven't, had one at harwayes - but they didn't physically measure me, the woman did it by sight lol! She seems to be right though. I was once measured at Evans and she told me I was 1-2 cup sizes bigger than I actually am - bought a couple of bras and they buried me lol.

Oh wow terri that must have been a massive shock!!! How exciting though :happydance:

Wow Terrri! Congratulations! :happydance: Amazing news!

Im sure Im starting to look pregnant, the right clothes certainly help. :haha: Im dying to know the sex this time, next scan is July 2nd - cant wait! :happydance:

Terri that is awesome!! I would love to be blessed with twins! How exciting!!

Nineena THANK YOUUUUUU so much for acknowledging my post, that means a lot to me as I was dying to come back and tell you guys/get some reassurance... you ALWAYS talk to me, thank you SO much xx

Terri - oh my goshhhh!!! you must of been SO shocked!!!!! What amazing news and more scans too!! Which is great! Congrats xx

I'm def finding out the scan if they can see!! I want to start using a name.

OH WOW how fabulous 2 babies that's brilliant news congratulations :)

Silly question but how does it feel???? hehe :) xx

Congrats terri!!!! You are one very lucky lady!!!! Me and oh were hoping we had twins lol as runs in his family!

Do you have twins in your family!!! You must be in utter shock!!! Happy shock!!! Xx

Well ladies i hope your bubs are co-operative when you do go for scans with you wanting to find out hehe :)

Aww happi you made me smile :) always like to help if i can. I was really worried when i got pregnant coz at the time i was in the process of losing weight and with my other medical conditions the fertility people had warned against getting pregnant so overweight and so i was really convinced that it would cause massive difficulties but despite all that i think in comparison to reading some other people's experiences i've had a really nice time thus proving that there's absolutely no reason for them to make a fuss because of someone's weight and this is supposed to be a very special time for a woman so we should be made to feel like an amazingly special person and not a pile of dog poop on the bottom of some professional's shoe!!

Have any of you started picking names yet? We're thinking Ella but still have the odd night before bed where we reel off a list of different names to see if any sound better.

Oh and slightly off tangent i'm very unimpressed that no1 has devised maternity knickers why should i suddenly have to buy underwear that's 2-3 sizes bigger than i actually am grumble grumble grumble

Sara isnt it great when you're noticing that bump, i still opt for clothes that make my bump look more noticeable teehee and as i still have the B bump going on particulary when i sti down i always make sure im wearing over the bump bottoms then it disguises it a bit better hehe

I had my consultant app today, what bloody waste of time and resources. Cant be bother type it out again so ill just copy it from a thread in 2nd tri. Realy girls that apointment anoyed me. Nothing but a waste of time.

The HCA took my BP and collected my urine sample. The consultants lacky came and told me that i would need a GTT (yes my midwife has allready told me all this) and that i would need to see the anithasatist(sp? im shatterd today) at 32 weeks so he can check my back incase i need an epi (my midwife told me this). Told me if my GTT comes back ok i wont need to be seen again. Asked if i wanted a referal to a dietician, i declined and told her id lost weight which she egnored and said the only weight they want me to gain is the weight of baby. Hello id just said id lost weight?

Highlight of the apointment was when she assumed i was planning on having a hospital birth and i told her i was planning on having a home birth and she told me "they would not allow it". So i told her she wasent allowed to stop me She was not impressed and tryed to backtrack saying she had picked the wrong wording. She tryed to talk me out of it but when she realised she was loosing she just said to discuss it with my midwife.

I am so angry for you Lozzy; I had to see a consultant in my first pregnancy but not due to weight, but because the local midwife decided I was 'high risk' because in the past I'd been on anti depressants and had an episode of major depression 6 years earlier. Some consultants you really do wonder where they learned their 'bedside manner' from. The one I saw was male and clearly a chauvanist pig and also extremely racist (my husband is black), he asked me if my husband was abusive to me in front of my face (that hospital has a habit of doing that as they asked similar to my sister in law when she was pregnant but actually worded it a lot more bluntly) and then he asked if I currently cut myself or self harm and other even more personal questions and seemed to be getting a kick out of it, when my husband said that was an extremely offensive thing to ask the consultant just ignored him and then asked why I was wasting their time by claiming to be high risk when I wasn't. I tried to say it was the midwife and he just wasn't having it. He then tried to lay into me for being a 'late booker' but I shut him up when I made him realise that was due to my GP and the hospital and not my fault at all. Unfortunately I had to see the same jerk again when I was ill in hospital at 31 weeks, I'd been told by another consultant I could go home that morning but he came along and said 'sorry I don't feel like discharging you'; so I had to spend another 24 hours in hospital thanks to him. There are probably a lot of women who take everything these consultants say as gospel truth and they start to hold every patient they see in contempt and expect them to just believe it when they say they are not allowed a home birth etc.

I had my consultant app today, what bloody waste of time and resources. Cant be bother type it out again so ill just copy it from a thread in 2nd tri. Realy girls that apointment anoyed me. Nothing but a waste of time.

The HCA took my BP and collected my urine sample. The consultants lacky came and told me that i would need a GTT (yes my midwife has allready told me all this) and that i would need to see the anithasatist(sp? im shatterd today) at 32 weeks so he can check my back incase i need an epi (my midwife told me this). Told me if my GTT comes back ok i wont need to be seen again. Asked if i wanted a referal to a dietician, i declined and told her id lost weight which she egnored and said the only weight they want me to gain is the weight of baby. Hello id just said id lost weight?

Highlight of the apointment was when she assumed i was planning on having a hospital birth and i told her i was planning on having a home birth and she told me "they would not allow it". So i told her she wasent allowed to stop me She was not impressed and tryed to backtrack saying she had picked the wrong wording. She tryed to talk me out of it but when she realised she was loosing she just said to discuss it with my midwife.

I am so angry for you Lozzy; I had to see a consultant in my first pregnancy but not due to weight, but because the local midwife decided I was 'high risk' because in the past I'd been on anti depressants and had an episode of major depression 6 years earlier. Some consultants you really do wonder where they learned their 'bedside manner' from. The one I saw was male and clearly a chauvanist pig and also extremely racist (my husband is black), he asked me if my husband was abusive to me in front of my face (that hospital has a habit of doing that as they asked similar to my sister in law when she was pregnant but actually worded it a lot more bluntly) and then he asked if I currently cut myself or self harm and other even more personal questions and seemed to be getting a kick out of it, when my husband said that was an extremely offensive thing to ask the consultant just ignored him and then asked why I was wasting their time by claiming to be high risk when I wasn't. I tried to say it was the midwife and he just wasn't having it. He then tried to lay into me for being a 'late booker' but I shut him up when I made him realise that was due to my GP and the hospital and not my fault at all. Unfortunately I had to see the same jerk again when I was ill in hospital at 31 weeks, I'd been told by another consultant I could go home that morning but he came along and said 'sorry I don't feel like discharging you'; so I had to spend another 24 hours in hospital thanks to him. There are probably a lot of women who take everything these consultants say as gospel truth and they start to hold every patient they see in contempt and expect them to just believe it when they say they are not allowed a home birth etc.

I get the feeling i she was blaming me for being there, she has got a point, if i wasent overweight i wouldent need to see her but i dident go by choice!!

My mam told me something that makes a lot of sence.

If you are too fat to have a healthy pregnancy you would be too fat to get pregnant in the first place.

Just because you are bigger dosent meen you will get complications and just because your skinny it dosent meen you wont.

I had my 16 week appointment today. My bp was fine, wee was fine, She tried to find the heartbeat and could only just make it out herself 'in the distance' and I couldn't hear it at all, we did hear the wooshing sound of the baby moving though. She said with larger ladies its really hard to always hear the heartbeat as it can be difficult with smaller ladies.

Also she said my babies bum is up above my belly button and they are facing down still like in my scan, so this explains my high bump already!

My 20 wk scan is on the 8th of July and I also have to see a consultant at 24 weeks cos of my BMI, she said if they cant find the heartbeat then they will scan me from then on, so bonus scans :)

I feel kinda sad not have heard the babies heart but I DID hear them moving around and afterwards when I was walking into town I thought I felt them moving around and the bubbles popping thing... but nothing much since.

Hi happigail - You must have been so excited to hear your babies moving around, fingers crossed you will hear a heartbeat next time. :happydance:

It must feel pretty amazing to start getting that fluttering feeling inside, I just can't wait til it happens to me - god I'm always trying to wish my life away lol.

My midwife says that I will have to see a consultant for my 16wk appointment because of my bmi but will be back with her for my 24wk.

Hope everything continues to go tickety-boo for you :flower:

Sara isnt it great when you're noticing that bump, i still opt for clothes that make my bump look more noticeable teehee and as i still have the B bump going on particulary when i sti down i always make sure im wearing over the bump bottoms then it disguises it a bit better hehe

I have to see if i can get some trousers like that while Im over in the UK. I cant get maternity stuff here, they just dont make it for anyone over a size 14 :nope:

I never lost my B at all in my first pregnancy, but I did look pregnant for sure. I went for a facial 2 weeks before the end and the woman commented on bump straight away - I hadnt seen her for months.

Here is my 24+3 PINK bump :)

2d7c27ced2ca__1276552159000.jpeg

My mam told me something that makes a lot of sence.

If you are too fat to have a healthy pregnancy you would be too fat to get pregnant in the first place.

Just because you are bigger dosent meen you will get complications and just because your skinny it dosent meen you wont.

I agree with that 100%!

My first pregnancy was a breeze! No backache, nothing swelled up. I did however have to monitor my blood sugar but it was always within the limits. I had some thin friends that had babies about 6 months after me, they all had problems with swellings, aches and pains and one had a really awful birth. I ended up induced but it was "easy" and the pushing stage was just short of 20 minutes.

I think some doctors just think overweight means lazy and unfit which simply isnt true. I met one woman last time who was down right nasty. She hurt doing a scan and then claimed Id go on to need a c-section and was at massive risk of infection for it and loads of other problems. Boy is she in trouble if we cross paths again :haha:

I weighed myself this morning and Im down about 7.5lbs - Im eating low carb to keep my blood sugars perfect. If I carry on this way Ill be skinny by the time I give birth :haha:

It's a shame you've had bad experiences with consultants. Mine had been fine. Only seen him once so far. And didn't make me feel like I was a fatty. Next appoint is with midwife and she is lovely too.

Just want to add that in case anyone starts to freak out over consultancy appointments!

It's a shame you've had bad experiences with consultants. Mine had been fine. Only seen him once so far. And didn't make me feel like I was a fatty. Next appoint is with midwife and she is lovely too.

Just want to add that in case anyone starts to freak out over consultancy appointments!

I must admit I was starting to chew my nails a bit!! Glad you had an ok experience!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->