Any big momma's out there?

Hey girls. I'm still pregnant! I'm being induced on Saturday if he doesn't come by then, got the MW coming to perform a sweep tomorrow.. hoping that'll kick start everything. Can't believe we don't have our LO yet!!

Good luck with your scan ogre, don't worry about anything. It'll go great. You might have a christmas baby! xo

Lolli - what do we need to feed you to get that little bubs out?!? Good luck with the sweep and, if not, then come on Saturday!

Well, little wiggle butt would not stay still so I did not hear the heartbeat. Alas, I'll get over it. I will go back in two weeks or I might just wait until my next scan which is in 6 weeks. I know it is harder to hear with bigger mommas and I have a tilted uterus so 18 weeks may be a better time. Then I will see it and hear it. I don't know, still trying to decide.

My symptoms are easing and I am happy. I know it is a worrying thing but I am over being sea-sick/nauseas all the time. I look forward to just getting round. I am still pretty tired and my appetite is still iffy but my boobs are not as tender and every smell does make me gag. Baby steps!

Hey Ogre - let us know how your scan goes. I had to hold my belly flab out the way too, the sonographer looked a bit like Ricky Gervais too so I had to try not to giggle lol.

Lolli - Hope the sweep works for you hun, can't wait to hear news of you being in labour! Come on baby bop!!!!

Saucy - I didn't get to hear Fran's heartbeat until 24 weeks! I asked at my 16 week consultant appointment but they told me it was too early. I had my gender scan at 20 weeks and saw it on screen but it wasn't until my midwife appointment at 24 weeks I actually got to hear it - made me cry with happiness!

Hi, my scan was great! I actually offered to hold my belly out the way and she said it wasn't necessary lol... But like I thought I was no where near 12+5 and was dated 10+3 so I was 2 days out... EDD amended to 17th Dec.... and because baby was too small they couldn't do all the proper checks so lucky me gets another scan in 2 weeks YAY x

Had a good convo with the consultant too... I hadn't wanted to be consultant led and was going to refuse but he was fab and got in there before fore me lol. He seemed to think, as I did, that as I've had two good pregnancies and problem free deliveries that he's happy for me to remain solely in the care of the MW... WOOHOO.... Unless my GTT comes back positive. However he did also suggest not waiting and recommended me being induced on my due date because Seren was born 10lb 3oz but that my 33 week growth scan will determine that decision nearer the time... I don't want induction although I am aware that induction for baby #3 doesn't incur the same risks as induction with baby #1. If baby is massive then induction it will be but I really do hope I can avoid it...

Any news from *lolli* yet?

Glad your scan went well hun! Not heard from lolli yet, got everything crossed though!

C'mon Lolli's wee one!!! lol

Anyone else not 100% enjoying the sunshine??? Steaming headache today and horrid cold all week.:nope:

On the plus side, my lovely 11yr old had made tea in Home Ec class today. !!:yipee:

Just off to:hangwashing:.
Catch you all later x

Great news Ogre ! I didn't know about reduced risks of induction with additional pregnancies do that's good news too

Ahhh hope baby bop is on its way right now!

Mummy Jessie what did he make in home ec? We always made cauliflower cheese, baguette pizza, sandwiches, apple crumble . Used to love the smell of home ec room!

Oh forgot to say I hate this weather, I find it really uncomfortable and don't sit out in the garden much (I'm really pale because of it too). At least when it's cold you can put more layers on!

Hey girlies!
Just wondering if I could join yas??

I'm a size 22uk and expecting our second child in January.. Lovely to see a wee thread for all us bbw! :kiss:

Hey welcome to the club! I know it's early stages but how are you feeling?

Ah, hello, my people. ;) I see some familiar screennames here. :) I'm a first-time pregnant lady, going to be a new mom in a couple of months. Time is flying by!

I wonder if I might ask you ladies a question. I haven't read through the whole thread yet, so I apologize if this is covered ground. If it is, just tell me and I'll go back and read.

Here goes: I am extremely heavy (5'8" and 350 lbs) and I'm pretty worried that I won't be able to have an epidural even if I want one. I broke my ankle during first tri and had to have emergency surgery on it. They offered me a choice between general anaesthesia and a spinal initially, but when I consulted with the anesthesiologist, he said we could try it but he wasn't at all confident it would work on me because of the fat on my back. in the end, the risk to my baby was the same, so I went with the general anesthetic.

So, my question is, anyone have one? Was your anesthesiologist at all discouraging like mine? Anyone struggle to get it in the right spot? Anyone unable to get one due to size?

Thanks for any help, wise ones. :)

rosered52 - Hi, I would assume that if you'd been offered a spinal for the procedure on your ankle then it was a viable option otherwise it would never have been suggested to you in the first place. Maybe the anesthetist wasn't confident administering rather than the problem being you? I would be under the impression that the anesthetists used on the labour wards are more familiar with us larger ladies and don't have the same issues..... I would talk to your OBGYN/consultant and ask to speak to a anesthetigeoligist before you get yourself too worried xxx

Hey everyone!

Just to let you know that I was induced Saturday 26th and Johnny was born weighing 8lb 2oz at 18.48 on Sunday 27th :D He's perfect!!! xo

rosered52 - Hi, I would assume that if you'd been offered a spinal for the procedure on your ankle then it was a viable option otherwise it would never have been suggested to you in the first place. Maybe the anesthetist wasn't confident administering rather than the problem being you? I would be under the impression that the anesthetists used on the labour wards are more familiar with us larger ladies and don't have the same issues..... I would talk to your OBGYN/consultant and ask to speak to a anesthetigeoligist before you get yourself too worried xxx

Well, they offered it as an option, but the consultant said he wasn't sure it would be possible on me. That's a good point about not worrying too much until I've asked the experts....a lesson I never seem to learn. ;) I was just hoping there were folks out there who might have some first-hand experience. :)

Yay!!!! Baby Bop is finally here!!!!!

Would love to see a pic if you'd like to share xxx

Rose - hi and welcome to the club! I was 287lbs when I fell pregnant. I saw an anaesthetist and she felt my back - she said she wouldn't have any problem giving me an epidural if needed. Thankfully I didn't but it was reassuring to know the option was there. Perhaps you should have a word with your doctor if you're worried xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->