Any big momma's out there?

Congrats Lynds and LittleSpy!!!! Glad to see this thread getting so many BFP's!!!

Haven't checked in with you guys in ages. Congratulations to all the ladies with BFPS!! So lovely to see.

As for us, we're great! Johnny is 11 weeks already.. I really don't know where the time has gone. He's such a happy little boy, I'm so lucky!

https://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh564/jellyjellyjellybones/06cd4e55.jpg

Recent pic of the little chub

Hope you're all doing great xoxo

Wow I can't believe it's been 11 weeks already ! He's gorgeous, very cheeky smile bless him.

So adorable, lollipopbop!

Speaking of time flying -- I recently realized that if you had told me just 2 years ago that in 2 years I'd have an almost 13 month old AND have one on the way, I would have laughed in your face and bet money that would never happen. :haha: It's crazy how quickly things change.

Hello my lovely ladies! I've been treated to a new camera so obviously I've been experimenting with all of the functions lol. Here are a few shots I took over the weekend...

Oh my goodness the babes are adorable!! Love seeing the pics!!! BB looks like you got a really nice camera!

Spy how are you feeling these days

BB -- Love the pics! Fran is sooooo adorable! Hardly looks like a baby at all anymore which is hard for me to wrap my head around!

fluterby -- I'm feeling pretty well, thanks for asking! 24/7 Nausea hit me really hard on Monday night. I decided to try the B6 remedy and, wow, IT WORKS!! 50mg B6 in the morning and 50mg B6 in the evening. I feel like a new woman! Hardly feel sick at all. It's fantastic! I just hope it keeps working for the next 9 weeks. My nausea with dd was over around 14 weeks or so.

i cant wait to proper join here, how are all you ladies??
i have not been on b&b for a while until i found out im tiny bit pregnant.. but i do remember some of you on here
big betty - fran is so beautiful & my has she grown, what happend to lil baby fran,

well i.ll be sure to pop in now & again

Congratulations love! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy xx

Hi everyone. I posted about a year ago asking about experiences of being a plus sized preggo mama. Since then I have conceived, been pregnant and now have an 8 week old baby girl!

I just wanted to post for anyone reading this thread for the first time that like lots of the other lovely ladies on this thread, I had no complications at all, despite the consultant explaining the higher risks. My iron levels were superb, my glucose was really low, I did n't even have backache lol. I didn't get high blood pressure, didn't need an epidural.

They kept implying I was having a big baby and she was 6 pounds 4 lol.

I was quite a wuss at the consultant appointments which were respectful but slightly pressuring me to have an epidural and insisted I have an aneathastist come in while I was in labour, but once I was in labour I was really brave and said no if I didn't want something to happen. Probably due to the gas and air!!

I actually refused the aneathetist once in labour and also refused continous monitoring depite being induced. It was my body and my labour and they were able to monitor me manually just fine.

Btw, a big thank you to Lollipopbop as I read about your positive induction just before I had mine (due to waters breaking and no contractions). It made me more relaxed and positive to know that it could be done just with a pessary and that is all I actually needed!!

I had a 2 and half hour established labour and didn't really push, my body did it for me and she flew out.

Sorry for such a long post but I really wanted to share my experiences now that I have gone through the whole process and this thread helped me so much when I was freaking out whilst pregnant. It is such a positive thread. Thank you all.

Oh forgot to say, my BMI is 40 and I am a bit below my pre pregnancy weight now having only put on 1 stone 8 whilst pregnant.

Hello and congratulations! I'm so pleased to hear your positive story! I was lucky and didn't have any pressure to do anything whatsoever. I did have an appointment with an anaesthatist to discuss my options but she was lovely and told me she wanted me to have as natural and active a birth as possible. The fact that the pethedine knocked me out and I spent most of it asleep on the bed is quite funny lol. I was hooked up to the monitors but it never occured to me not to be and again because I was quite still it didn't really matter. They did remove it when I got to the pushing stage though because the sensors wouldn't stay in place lol.

Good for you on sticking to your guns and getting what you want love, sounds like you had a brilliant experience xx

Congratulations Booklover, so good to hear further positive pregnancy / birth stories.

We are TTC 2 at the moment and nervous about having my high bmi. Really wish I could stick to a diet

Thanks Bigbetty, I really do feel it was really positive.

Glad your birth was good too. You are right about monitoring not being a problem if you were happy being still. I found moving around on a birth ball constantly helped with the pain, god knows how I found the energy to do that for hours!

But I am finding that when you are a mummy, you find hidden reserves of energy to cope!

Are you planning on any more bettinas? I keep being asked (already) if I am! I would love more but god knows how people have the energy to go through the newborn phase with another child in the house! I am in awe of them.

Thanks also Jellycat. How was your birth with your one?

Dont be too hard on yourself about the diet. They suck! Just keep trying (as you are) to move in the right direction.

Thanks Bigbetty, I really do feel it was really positive.

Glad your birth was good too. You are right about monitoring not being a problem if you were happy being still. I found moving around on a birth ball constantly helped with the pain, god knows how I found the energy to do that for hours!

But I am finding that when you are a mummy, you find hidden reserves of energy to cope!

Are you planning on any more bettinas? I keep being asked (already) if I am! I would love more but god knows how people have the energy to go through the newborn phase with another child in the house! I am in awe of them.

I didnt have to be still or stay on the bed, I was allowed to wander around as much as the wires would let me, it was the pethadine that knocked me out lol.

Not planning on any more. Before I had her I was adamant I wanted two but since she arrived she's filled that big gap in my heart and shes everything I need. I'm not saying never but I'm 33 now so would have to be in the not too distant future and I won't have one until Fran is a bit more independent because she's extremely active and a huge handful, I don't think I'd cope being pregnant now with her lol.

I think we feel quite similar then!

I am 32 now and feel like time is ticking if we were to have another. They take up so much of your time and love too.

I would worry about her being an only child though especially as both me and my husbnd are from big families and I also do feel an urge for another.

Great hearing your thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->