Any big momma's out there?

Mummyjessie is your bmi over 35? I'm dreading going to my booking in appointment

I felt my first little flutter at around 16 weeks then nothing till 21 maybe 22 weeks?? I had an anteria (sp? its late and im tired lol) placenta n missed loads of movemnt due to that ( i know that for a fact coz he had hiccups for 2 of my scans n i never felt them :() x

Mummyjessie is your bmi over 35? I'm dreading going to my booking in appointment

Afraid so.... My booking in appointment was fine, I have very supportive midwives. Also the hospital team are fab, scans not the best in the world, but that is mostly to do with our wee fella playing "hide and seek" already! Have had a trouble free pregnancy really so far. Getting tired now, with only 5 weeks to go... Not done too bad!
Good luck, am sure all will be fine :hugs:

ladies im curious @ what stage in ur pregnancy did u feel ur babies move.. im pretty big & just wondering when can i expect to feel anything

I was right at 14 weeks when I felt the first little squirm with my first dd. I started feeling her regularly around 16-17 weeks.

This time I'm 20 pounds heavier and I've been feeling movement since 11+6! :wacko: Feel something almost every day now. The early movement for me feels like very brief fluttering/squirming like a butterfly or fish. I don't remember feeling actual kicks until closer to 20 weeks with dd#1.

Ladies, we're :pink: again! :happydance:

Congrats little spy :happydance:

i have my actual 20 week scan the 29th Nov..
but im doing a small private gender scan the 15 Nov, im just to impatient :blush:

Congrats little spy!

Sparkle girl those scans will come round really quick

Mummytojessie, 6 weeks till D Day !! Are you organised yet?

You're impatient? I did it the morning of the first day they'd let me (15 weeks)! :haha:

Jellycat my bmi was 44 when I got pregnant and I had absolutely no trouble or negative comments whatsoever all the way through my pregnancy xx

My bmi last time was 37 but I had to point out to them that I should be having a gtt etc. this time my bmi is definitely over 40 this time :-(

I'm just going to aim to eat healthy as much as possible

Congrats little spy!

Sparkle girl those scans will come round really quick

Mummytojessie, 6 weeks till D Day !! Are you organised yet?

Pretty much :happydance: getting pretty excited now.
Waiting for the cot mattress to arrive, need to get the pram out, but apart from that all is ready. Just having a little makeover in our 12 yr old daughters room, we want hero not feel like its all about our wee man!:baby:

My bmi last time was 37 but I had to point out to them that I should be having a gtt etc. this time my bmi is definitely over 40 this time :-(

I'm just going to aim to eat healthy as much as possible

You can do it! I've just been not binging and I've only gained a pound this time (I had gained nearly 20 by this point last time :dohh:).

If I was actually doing what I mean to be doing and tracking calories and exercising daily, and doing that consisitently, I'd be losing weight for sure. My goal is to lose 10 pounds during the pregnancy but I'm also happy to gain 10 pounds or less (as that's an actual fat loss).

Had my booking in this week and they had my bmi as 38 as there scales were alot less harsh. Also had a scan yesterday and was put forward couple of days but all is looking good.

Only issue I have is craving sweet things constantly didn't have this with JJ. At the booking in I've asked to go to the healthy eating clinic and will be having a GDT again at around 20ish weeks.

How's everyone else doing?

Hi! I couldn't survive without a 10p bag of haribo starmix for breakfast in my first trimester - was the only thing I could stomach lol!

Fran had her first night away from home without us last night! Steve and I went away with friends to a murder mystery dinner and stayed in a hotel as a double celebration for their anniversary and Steve's birthday. I was fine most of the time but had little moments where I broke down in tears - especially when I heard she was using a remote control as a phone and talking to me on it, and when she was getting tired, had a cry and wanted mummy :cry:

But I had a lovely lie in, a nice cooked brekkie and we aren't collecting her until tea time so I'm now home just chilling out!

Had my booking in this week and they had my bmi as 38 as there scales were alot less harsh. Also had a scan yesterday and was put forward couple of days but all is looking good.

Only issue I have is craving sweet things constantly didn't have this with JJ. At the booking in I've asked to go to the healthy eating clinic and will be having a GDT again at around 20ish weeks.

How's everyone else doing?

Glad all went well with your bookin in....:thumbup:
Sweet things are ok, if its what your body is asking for....I was also asked if I wanted to see a dietician, as I see the practice nurse regularly for one thing and another I said she met all my needs with a healthy eating plan, its all about moderation really, eat good healthy food with the odd sweet treat and you'll be fine!

AFM... 38 weeks today, :happydance:REALLY want wee fella to show himself soon, as I am booked for section on the 28th if he does not arrive by himself...really would like to avoid that if at all possible! All ideas MOST welcome!!:winkwink:

MummyJessie - why are you booked in for a csection? Can they not induce you instead if needed. And big wow can't believe you are almost at the end of your pregnancy journey it doesn't feel that long at all - even though it probably feels like ages for you!

I'm also wondering about induction vs. a section? :shrug: Will they give you a section if you go into labor before then? I'm confused! :haha:

They would not drug induce me due to previous section and also due to the Eclampsia I had last time they only want me to go to term and not over. Spent last night at the hospital being observed due to a throbbing headache and general feeling of something not quite right... Sent home though this morning ... Have midwife visits every 2 days until wee fella arrives.

MummyJessie Hope you are doing well as you are full term now !

Got a quick question hoping someone can help me with:

My lower belly has started to become a problem where it is becoming sore underneath, I've lost 8lbs since getting my BFP so why would my belly get infected for the first time now as I've been bigger than this before. Anyone had this issue ? Im trying to keep it clean and dry and been putting thrush cream on it to make sure it doesn't get worse or spread but not sure what else I can do. Also hoping for reassurance that this wont get worse throughout my pregnany. I feel really embarassed

Hope this helps xx

I get sores under my belly and I find the best thing to clear it up is calomine lotion - wash and dry it thoroughly then apply generously with cotton wool - it dries it out in no time which lets it heal xx

It could be because you're starting to produce extra blood for the baby which in turn makes you warm and sweat easier. Once it's healed just pay extra attention to drying under there after a shower and it should be fine x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->