Any big momma's out there?

hello ladies! just discovered this thread, love it! hope you all don't mind me popping in :)

hope you're all well :) xx

Hey ladies just wanted to let everyone know I got my GTT results today.
I dont have gestational diabetes! YAY for us! for those of you who dont know me im 21 5'4" broad and very cuddly size 20 - 22 so score for no diabetes! xxx

hi ladies,

im 5ft6 aged 23 and size 20-22 (uk). but i dnt have GTT till 28 weeks, i thought the consultant usually gave one at 16 weeks with a high BMI?

im quite unsure, whether it has anything to do with the fact im havin twins, as they dnt offer the downs syndrome test or a growth chart with twins, so im wondering if this is the same sort of thing :(

god i know nothing lol :( xxx

Hi Pinksnowball, Sophiiie and Loolabear!!!

Wow I never thought this thread would take off the way it has when I started it, it's just soooo amazing how it has grown!!!!

Big Momma's Rock :happydance:

Damn right we do.

The middle of my B is starting to push out a bit more now and depending on what im waring i look pregnant and not just fat.

Damn right we do.

The middle of my B is starting to push out a bit more now and depending on what im waring i look pregnant and not just fat.

I wore a dress at the weekend that I have only had on once before when I went to a wedding last august. I looked about 7 months gone even though I'm only 11wks hahaha!

I know it was just my flabby belly and a bit of bloating but for once I didn't care that I looked pregnant because this time I actually am :happydance:

My b is starting to disappear too!!! Yay!! Couple more weeks I reackon.

I do get a bloat on after dinner though! Look bout 8 mths gone! Lol

Welcome to all the new lovely ladies. Congrats and a happy and healthy 9 months to you all :D

I just thought I would update even though I dont post very often. I had my latest check-up last night and my doctor is very happy with me. In nearly 17 weeks I have only gained 2kg. He also had a poke around my uterus and said it feels like I have an 18 weeks baby not a 16 week baby in there. I asked about diabetes but I wont be tested for that until 26 weeks. All my other vitals are great. BP is fantastic even though I get whitecoat syndrome hehe.
I have my 20 week scan coming up and we are gonna find out what team we are going for even though colours arent an issue with us.
I've been having lots of fun with the doppler that my husband bought me. I listen to bubs heartbeat every night. Its sits around 160bpm so dr was happy with that too. We took the doppler into the dr's last night and he was amazed that you could buy something like that off ebay. Then commented that his was bigger ;)

Anyway, enough from me, hope everyone is having a lovely day! Its winter over here and it was a chilly 1 degree this morning!

I went round my great aunts when i was 12 weeks and she asked how far i was, told her i was 12 and she said thats 12 weeks?

Yes aunty Judith there are a few inches of fat on top of my bump :rofl:

hey this is the first time ive posted in pregnancy club but im a larger lady normally size 20/22 x im 26 yrs old with a DH and two boys and now pregnant with my 3rd after 5 yrs of trying and a mc last october x due to have this one 3rd jan 2011 have my dating scan tommorow 23rd and have a funny feeling they are going to change my due date but cant be surex x hope you are all happy and healthy and are enjoying the first few months of your nine months x x x

I have a BMI 34 and was dreading the appointments but so far I've had a really positive experience. All the things I googled were just wrong in my case. For example, about bigger ladies not showing til later. I have a bump at 14+3, and it's pregnancy bump not a wobbly bump (maybe a little wobble :blush:).
I had my dating scan yesterday and I thought will they find the baby through the blubber? They found baby straight away and it was lovely and clear :cloud9: Both midwives I've seen are lovely, I have to have a GTT and an appointment with the anathesist (sp?) but I don't have to see the consultant at any point unless there are any problems.
I'm being encouraged to have a home birth. If my GTT comes back ok, they said they're 99.9% sure the consultant will agree to it. In fact, they suggested home birth to me! I thought I was going to have to fight for it!

thats lovely hedge :)

just goes to show, how different areas have different policies :mad:

hope everyone else is feeling ok???

im soooo excited to have finally reached 11 weeks :D will be in 2nd tri before i know it :D

xxx

Im getting excited lol. I can start to feel my bump when im stood up where as before it was just when i laid down.

lozzy im ashamed to say i never noticed you were pregnant before even though i saw you around lots... :-s

hello ladies! im 5'7 and 16/18 pregnant with the 2nd. last time round i never bought any pregnancy clothes but now i will as i have BnB that keeps selling such nice clothes and in my size!
my tummy looks very big at 6 weeks, due to bloat i guess. im lucky that i didnt gain much last pregnancy and lost it fast so im thinking this will happen again!

Hiya,

I have just found out that I am preggers too, I am normally a size 22 and cant wait to show. I'm only 4+3 at the moment so I have a little while to go................ which is a good things I am getting married!!!

We were planning a wedding for next year but seeing as I got up the duff much sooner than we expected then we have decided to bring it forward!! I am going wedding dress shopping this afternoon for the first time and need to find a dress that will allow a bit of growing room but is not gunna make me look massive.

I think I will be about 5 months gone when we get married so I am hoping that my wobbly bits will hide the bump for a bit!!! Ekkkkkkkk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->