Any big momma's out there?

Congrats Nineena!! She's a beauty x

Hey ladies.. I'd like to join you! I'm crystal... and i'm 4'11'' and a size 18 pre pregnancy. I had lost 13 lbs so far due to that lovely morning sickness.. or all day nausea lol.. but still classified as obese since i'm short and over weight. I have been battling high BP since the birth of my last daughter 5 years ago, but cross my fingers that with little medication it stays stable for this little one. I'm almost 14 weeks along and sooo looking forward to feeling the baby move. I'm glad we have our own little club because there's nothing worse that feeling alone.. :) nice to meet u all

Evening crystal! Welcome!

Well it's V day for me!!! Whoop whoop!! So bloody happy! So glad I have made it this far!!! :happydance:

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. Hope everyone is getting on well and bumps growing wonderfully. Ella just continues to amaze everyone and is being transferred to our home town special care in the morning. Is still learning to suck but managed 4sucks on boob today before falling asleep. I'll try and bob in and keep up with everyone's progress oh and my weight was NOT a problem during labour and not 1 person menitoned it and my pelvic floor seems fine too hugs xx

Hi, newbie here.

Well our first month of trying and we are four weeks pregnant, such a shock, i thought it would take us months!! :)

i'm 26, 5 foot 10, weigh 20 stone, although I do carry it well. I have lost over 5 stone to get to this weight for my wedding in May (yes, less than two months married and we are expecting!) and I plan to carry on losing whilst pregnant.

I am healthy although very overweight, although the weight issue doesnt really bother me. There are no rules to say that a size zero mummy has a better pregnancy than a larger lady is there?!

Good luck to everyone!

Jo

Hi all, and welcome to Jo!

Had my scan today...was amazing! No comment made about my weight, sonographer found bean really quickly and was able to point everything out with no bother. Have been put forward 2 days as well - hurrah!!

Thats great news Amy.

It looks like im on for my homebirth, my midwife was fine after that cow of a Dr. As long as i dont develop any complications we are GO

Hi! I am what doctors term "clinically obese" and just discovered a couple of days ago that I am expecting my first. Only about 4wks gone so still early days.

Are there any other "larger" mums-to-be out there that would like to become buddies so we can compare notes?

To be honest although I am so excited, I'm also pretty scared as I have no idea what to expect :wacko:

I am Classified as extremely obese. I just find that I am fat. My BMI is 42 always has been since college made me stress and visit the chocolate factory too many times...sometimes I think I ate an umpa lompa...LOL. I got married while on Depo and with that BC and added stress I went from 200lbs on my 5'7" body to almost 300lbs I was shy about 3lbs. I started to lose weight after a MC devastated me. Well actually was a nonactive dieter after a heart condition landed me in the hospital and on the operating table. So Weight Watchers was my diet of choice I lost a little shy of 40lbs but was still 65lbs away from my 200lbs. I had to switch BC pills as my insurance and the company were no longer friends. I joked around a bit with OH saying that we were pregnant again, as I waited for my period...alas it did not come and I was no longer joking. I am a GD Mom to be and Mom of one. I wished I had lost weight before this pregnancy but my Doc says that since I am insulin dependent that I would be a GD no matter what. So I am making the most of the wonder inside of me, thanking God for allowing me to be blessed again so soon after the MC. I am taking every day as fast as they come, or as slow. I am due on Nov. 15, 2010 but have to have a c-section that will be done on the eighth. I would love to share my pregnancy with all of you and my expertise with my other pregnancy. I love people and making them laugh. I will not disappoint....PS anyone feel like we are on a dating site for pregnant women looking for other pregnant women to bask in the glow of beauty and the pain, ache, and worry of pregnant life?:winkwink:

Hi, newbie here.

Well our first month of trying and we are four weeks pregnant, such a shock, i thought it would take us months!! :)

i'm 26, 5 foot 10, weigh 20 stone, although I do carry it well. I have lost over 5 stone to get to this weight for my wedding in May (yes, less than two months married and we are expecting!) and I plan to carry on losing whilst pregnant.

I am healthy although very overweight, although the weight issue doesnt really bother me. There are no rules to say that a size zero mummy has a better pregnancy than a larger lady is there?!

Good luck to everyone!

Jo

Welcome!

I got pregnant with our first on our wedding night! Our second baby is due at exactly the same time, 3 years later and is an anniversary baby :haha:

I had a much better pregnancy first time than my very thin sister and several skinny friends. Dont listen to any horror stories, some women and doctors love to dish them out!

We have our 20 (21+6) week scan tomorrow. Im getting excited nervous today. Nervous for hoping that baby is fully healthy - certainly very active :haha: and excited to hopefully see if we have a little girl or boy on the way. My toddler has his heart set on a baby sister so luckily there is plenty of time to get him used to a brother is needbe. :baby:

Yay for homebirth Lozzy!!

Question for anyone - have you tried a doppler at home? Am thinking of getting one, especially after scan yesterday went so well and she had no problem getting a clear picture. But don't know if they are powerful enough to get through layers of mummy to find baby??

Any recommendations / suggestions?

Ive got an angelsounds doppler and it works a treat :) I never have a problem finding bubs and one hint is to always look around your pubic bone and listen for the sound of galloping horses :D

cool, thanks Billy! Off to find one now....:thumbup:

Has anyone noticed that their stomach has hardened in the 1st tri?

Iv got a MAS baby watcher and have had no problems with it.

Grrrr! Just found an as new one on amazon but they won't post it to the Isle of Wight for some bizarre reason - what the hell do these things have in them that mean they won't post it? They've posted me loads of other things but won't send a doppler off the mainland???

Grrrrrr.

well although it looks like I have a UTI and have had a crazyyyyy stressful day of a doctor saying I had to go to the hospital etc, I saw my own midwife <3 and she found the babies heartbeat!!!!! And guess what? She has a new doppler, the old one was broke so that explains it!

Hey Betty - where are you? Was your scan ok???

Bit worried not to have heard from you :shrug:

hello ladies....

i am so glad i found you.... i am 5ft2 and pre pregancy i was a size 20... weighing in at 13 stone 7 the day before i found out i was expecting... i am English, butliving in ireland, this is our 7th baby , and i have actually never had anyone pass coment on my weight while i have been pregnant.... its me that worries boutit... but having said that, i have only gained 1 stone so far, ( i know in the last few weeks ou do tend to gain abit more as baby is gaining weight too) so am quite happy bout that... sounds daft i know to say i am pleased to havegained 1 stone, but you girls know what i mean...

as for maternity clothes, i have found Next tobe the best, tey are really generous in size, in fact i made a booboo and have wasted a lovely pair of linen trousers in white, cos i got em in size 20 and they swamp me, i should have returned em really, but just never got round to it... will try to pass em on... i got a three quarter length pair of jeans withthe over the bump stretchy bit and they have been BRILLIANT... have worn and worn them and they wash brilliantly... worth a little looksee if you are in need...

my baby is breech at the mo, and i am stressing a wee bit bout having to have a c section, cos i am scared that my flabby belly will take longer to heal cos of itnot being tight if you know what i mean...

hope all is well.... with everybody.... nineena how is your little one doing??

btw..i also have the angel sounds doppler and have found it brilliant, and very reassuring.....

lou
xxxx

Hey Betty - where are you? Was your scan ok???

Bit worried not to have heard from you :shrug:

Hello amym here I am!!!

Sorry I haven't been around for a few days - couldn't get to the pc as DH had moved some furniture out of our bedroom in front of it so we could have a new carpet laid!

Hope everyone is well and welcome to the newbies!

Nineena - congratulations on the birth of your beautiful daughter! I'm so glad she is recovering well, hope she is home with you soon :flower:

So I had my scan on Weds and it was absolutely amazing! The lady made no mention of my weight and had absolutely no problems finding haricot. First thing she said was "just the one" lol! She pointed out all the bits and my heart just melted when I saw the little heartbeat thrumming! Then she (DH is convinced it's a girl) started wiggling and arching her back before turning on her side and back again.

Have had my due date moved back to 15th January now.

Going to try and attach a pic - fingers crossed it works lol!

aw betty what a lovely scan pic....

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"