Any big momma's out there?

Phew Betty! Glad all is well! How big was Haricot, do you remember? My lil bean was 71mm and they put me forward 2 days...not that they actually do that cos apparently if its within a week of your date they don't change it....

Crown to rump haricot measured 43.9mm which put me 5 days behind what I thought I was so am now 11+6 rather than 12+4.

DH almost cried bless him! He was already holding my hand but when he saw the little heartbeat he just grabbed it with his other hand too - he says it was the most amazing experience of his life and he will never forget it!!!

Aaah, bless him! My dh was also a bit emotional - one point where bean waved at us...it was so lovely, I want to do it again!!

I know - dh said the same thing as soon as we got out the room lol.

I have to admit I was very impressed with the midwife - she told me to take a seat while she worked out my due date and when she came back with my notes she had booked my 16wk consultant appointment, my next scan AND my gtt test for me! No waiting around for letters thank goodness - that is what I call service lol!

My next scan is at 19+3 so just over 7wks from now - can't wait!!!!

Iv got my 20 week scan in just over 4 weeks. Its getting real now eeekkkk

Hi ladies
Popped in for a little bit of advice.
I really want to have an early scan to check that little bean has settled in nicely but am not sure that we will be able to see him as early as 7 weeks.
I am a size 20/22 so have lots of cushioning and am concerned that if I do have an early scan and babs cant be seen il be even more worried!! Help!!
Should I have the 7 week early scan or wait a couple of weeks for my midwife appointement and my NHS scan??
xx

Hey cheeky - I had early scans after bleeding and they were internal.... they defnitiely work!!

Hi ladies
I really want to have an early scan to check that little bean has settled in nicely but am not sure that we will be able to see him as early as 7 weeks.
I am a size 20/22 so have lots of cushioning and am concerned that if I do have an early scan and babs cant be seen il be even more worried!! Help!!
Should I have the 7 week early scan or wait a couple of weeks for my midwife appointement and my NHS scan??
xx

The way I looked at it was if I made it to my 12wk scan, that meant nothing had gone wrong and I could enjoy seeing little haricot for the first time, starting to look like a proper little baby.

If you have any bleeding or pains then the nhs will give you an early scan to check you out but if you just want one to put your own mind at rest then you will have to pay for a private one.

Lots of ladies on here have had early scans for whatever reason so it is just personal choice really. But I was absolutely amazed at how quickly my 12wk scan came around really - the first couple of wks after I got my bfp went a bit slow but all of a sudden it was 7wks later and there I was on the bed and little haricot was wiggling all over the place - it was such an amazing experience! I, personally, am very glad I waited.

But please don't let my personal choice influence you, the first trimester is such a worrying time that I totally understand why some women choose to have an early scan!

Oh and by the way - I am a size 26/28 and they had no problem finding haricot!!!!

Hi, i can't believe i've only just found this thread! I'm a big momma too, my Bmi is 46!!!! Can i join you ladies? Sometimes i don't feel like i should be in the other forums, especially when they are taking about tiny bumps and using dopplers etc.
I mean would a doppler even work through my tyres???

Hey dalesgirl - mine is 46 too!

Got my angelsounds today - no luck this morning but will try again tomorrow.....

Got my angelsounds today - no luck this morning but will try again tomorrow.....

I can defo feel a differance under my apron iykwim :wacko:, its a lot more firmer and i have a hard stone like lump when i press. Is this where i would place my doppler? I'm not even sure if i should get one yet, i might worry myself too much.

Can i ask a question about the birth? I met my consultant last week and he said because of my previous c-section we'll just wait and see what happens. But i received a copy of a letter he has sent to my GP, and in it he states that i will need a c-section again because of my size will be difficult. Surely bigger woman have vaginal deliveries! So has anyone else had this? My consultant seems like a bit of a to**er tbh.

girls...just a little tip regarding the dopplers.... when i used mine, i used to pull the the skin as tight as i could.... and when i first found LO heart beat, it was very low down into the pubic area still... and make sure you use lots of thejelly too.... i was 13 weeks at that stage.... hope this helps....

Hi, i can't believe i've only just found this thread! I'm a big momma too, my Bmi is 46!!!! Can i join you ladies? Sometimes i don't feel like i should be in the other forums, especially when they are taking about tiny bumps and using dopplers etc.
I mean would a doppler even work through my tyres???

My bmi is 40 I found beanie at 8-9 weeks. Was real down low above pubic bone. Lifting belly up and tight and a little patience. Doppler as high volume as possible. It won't be long now hun x

Hi ladies
xx

I'm a size 18/20 and had a scare at 6wks, so I had a scan. At this stage I had an internal which was fine, I think a lot if people wud have this type at thus stage anyway as it's clearer. At 7 wks I cud only describe beanie as a 'squish' but was so happy there was a heartbeat!

I then had a private one at 10wks for personal reasons and beanie was more like a baby and was moving and stuff.

So if you still want to see all is ok, if you not had any bleeding or pain perhaps hang on a bit longer

Hi girls. Just came across this link and can really relate to it.
My edd is 15th january. Seen my midwife last week and slapped across my maternity notes is `high risk due to hight bmi`. I know I'm a big girl size 20 and 5ft 6in but I don't smoke don't drink exercise well. Made me feel bad.
I've got my dating scan and nt scan on thursday so lookin forward to it.
Really glad I found others I can relate to. Xx:hugs:

I can defo feel a differance under my apron iykwim :wacko:, its a lot more firmer and i have a hard stone like lump when i press. Is this where i would place my doppler? I'm not even sure if i should get one yet, i might worry myself too much.

Can i ask a question about the birth? I met my consultant last week and he said because of my previous c-section we'll just wait and see what happens. But i received a copy of a letter he has sent to my GP, and in it he states that i will need a c-section again because of my size will be difficult. Surely bigger woman have vaginal deliveries! So has anyone else had this? My consultant seems like a bit of a to**er tbh.

Most consultants want you to have the most medicalised birth possible because they can control it more. Big women have been having babys for just as long as skinny ones have.

My consultant wants me to have a hospital birth with an epi put in as soon as im in established labour instead of the home birth i plan on having.

If you want a vaginal birth, you stick to your guns and have one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->