Any big momma's out there?

This is my first pregnancy but i'm determined not to feel belittled by these people. I probably do more activity in a day than those guys do!

i'm still hanging out for my water birth.

i googled bmi 40 water birth and there are loads of ladies that have had one.

i had a midwife appointment this week, but we didnt discuss birth plans or anything.

i have a gtt in a few weeks, and consultant meeting but i dont think according to my appointment log that we discuss birth plans till 30 somthing weeks! :doh:

2wanted - i think it's a really good idea to start discussions now, regardless of how they normally do it, so if they oppose your plans you have time and energy to challenge them! that's what i'm doing anyway- start discussions at 16 wk mw appt.

ahhh really? i havent even seen my midwife properly.

my 8 week appointment she was running late so had half appoint with replacement then 2nd half with her.

my 16 wk appoint was with a consultant, so didnt see her then.

my 25 wk appoint was with a replacement cos she is on holiday.

my 28 week appoint is up the hospital for my gtt so i will see a consultant again.

can i discuss this with the consultant then?

Not sure, although my bmi is 46 I don't see a consultant unless my gtt comes back with bad news... I have MLC (midwife led care) stamped across my notes!

BUT - it can't hurt. And even if the consultant ca't advise you, ask them to record the discussion in your notes so can demonstrate you started askign early!

I personaly wouldent say anything to the consultant. They are known to be terrible when it comes to natural birth option. They want you to be strapped to to a table with an epi

i have my second midwife appointment tomorrow and my scan next monday im getting my blood taken tomorrow but will i get to hear the hb or does that happen later

Can i ask you ladies who are using dopplers a question?

What does the babies heartbeat sound like? Is it a definate beat like your own but faster?
My sister in law has lent me her doppler for a few days to see if i like it enough to buy one. I used it last night but i'm not sure if what i heard was a heart beat something else.

My beans heartbeat sounds very much like a galloping horse but there are times when i have picked it up on a different angle and it sounds like my heartbeat just very very quick.

Thank you, i tried using it again today and i've defintley found babs heartbeat. I'm so happy i wish i could listen to it all day lol.

im naughty and actually listen to it every night before i go to sleep. Its not so much hearing the heartbeat but as im not really feeling beans movements lots at the moment, I sit and listen to its movements. Makes me smile :D

im naughty and actually listen to it every night before i go to sleep. Its not so much hearing the heartbeat but as im not really feeling beans movements lots at the moment, I sit and listen to its movements. Makes me smile :D

That will be me! The one i have got will be going back tomorrow night, so i've decided i will buy my own in a couple of weeks. That way bubs will be a little bit bigger and hopefully easier to find, so i don't get stressed out.

My baby sounds like a train lol. If your still unsure, youtube it but once i found mine there was no mistaking it.

Im sick of people asking me if im eating for two yet. I told a bloke at work today that there is no such thing as eating for two but an excuse for skinny girls to eat crap when they would usualy watch what they eat

My baby sounds like a train lol. If your still unsure, youtube it but once i found mine there was no mistaking it.

Im sick of people asking me if im eating for two yet. I told a bloke at work today that there is no such thing as eating for two but an excuse for skinny girls to eat crap when they would usualy watch what they eat

You do make me laugh lozzy, you just tell it straight - I wouldn't want to cross you when you are angry!

Well I have hit another plateau - the excitement of my scan has died down and I don't have another appointment until the 2nd of August. Even though I do feel pregnant now that I have seen haricot on the screen, it just seems like nothing is happening at the moment. Anyone else feel like this sometimes?

Betty the time between your scan and your 16 week appointment drags so much but the time between your 16 week app and 20 week scan flys by. Iv started feeling flutters and pokes which seems to speed it up.

Ahhh yes was in limbo till bout 16 weeks, till I cud feel beanie giving me the flutters!
Cud always start planning nursery if you haven't already! Lol

Oooh flutters and pokes! I want flutters and pokes!!

Betty - this is a tough time for sure, but it does speed back up!!!

Well girls I had my scan today, it was a nightmare but ended up a dream.

So I was BUSTING for a wee. my appointment was for 3pm, ended up being called at 3.25.... so I lay down and the first thing they say is that due to my raised BMI they may struggle to find everything and measure everything, they were kind enough I must say, just being honest. So she found kidneys, heart, legs, stomach etc but did no measurements or bone counting or fluid measurements.... so they say they are going to send me down stairs to their brand new state of the art scanner to see if they can see bubba better. So down we go... andddd another wait STILL with a full bladder... we go into the new room at 3.45 and were there until 4.40 being scanned and measured and the woman was ace, she got to check everything and then right at the last moment baby moved and she said 95% girl!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOO now I have 1 of each!!!

Thank god I was the last appointment for the second sonographer so she could take the time she needed, but I was embarrassed to be so big that it was a problem to do the scan really well, but all of that was over ridden by excitement :)

Well I have hit another plateau - the excitement of my scan has died down and I don't have another appointment until the 2nd of August. Even though I do feel pregnant now that I have seen haricot on the screen, it just seems like nothing is happening at the moment. Anyone else feel like this sometimes?

My first appointment is August 2nd so I am in the same boat! Seems forever away... how to make the time go faster... :)

Happigail, whats your bmi?

They never said anything when iv been for mine and i had 3 before 12 weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"