Any big momma's out there?

Im 5'9 and a bit and a size 20 aussie sizing and I started feeling my bub move about a week ago :)

I'm very newly pregnant - and after reading through this I finally gave in and weighed myself and I have a BMI of 36 *sigh* it was much lower (32) last time I got pregnant, and nothing was mentioned, so I'm HOPING I can healthily lose a little by the 8 week booking in appt and increase my chance of a water birth - but I'm pretty much know I don't have enough time now.

gosh I am feeling sorry for myself today!

aaaanyway - could I join you girls? :)

I had my first appointment with my GP to get me booked in with midwife, I was really nervous but he totally put me at ease. Congratulated me on my 5 stone weight loss to date and said I was fine to continue what i'm doing.

He also said that I wouldnt become pregnant if I wasn't healthy enough so that really cheered me up!

From a very happy Size 20 UK peep! :D

Hi! :wave:
Im a size 16/18 with a large belly
Im only 7+1, and my stomach has grown loads since i got my bfp. Its gone slightly harder but still flabby.
my jeans which are a size 18, dont button now, where as they were big on me before.
Is this normal?
Im also having achy back, and headaches and lots of nausea, so suspecting poss twins, (there is over 24 sets in my family and my OH's family). :mrgreen:

Anyone else like this??

I would love some advice :)

Im only 7+1, and my stomach has grown loads since i got my bfp. Its gone slightly harder but still flabby.
my jeans which are a size 18, dont button now, where as they were big on me before.
Is this normal?
Im also having achy back, and headaches and lots of nausea, so suspecting poss twins, (there is over 24 sets in my family and my OH's family). :mrgreen:

Anyone else like this??

Its probably just bloat, i couldent fasten mine from about 5 weeks.

yeah thts what i think...
when does this go away and i get baby bump?
sorry for all the questions.
Thanks x

Most peoples bloat goes around 12 weeks but when you will get an actual bump all depends. Its a case of wait and see.

Urghhhh god I feel fat today!!!!! Lol, I always bloat after food.

Is this normal?

Anyone else like this??

Ahhhh twins twins twins!!!!! Love it! 24 sets? Wow reckon your in with a chance. You never know do you !

Is this normal?

Anyone else like this??

Ahhhh twins twins twins!!!!! Love it! 24 sets? Wow reckon your in with a chance. You never know do you !

Yehhhh i know, girls on the twins page said it runs in only the mothers side....so we shall see but i will update as soon as i kno. :) xxxxxxx

Hi ladies

hope you're all doing ok. Hard to keep track of this thread, whew! Anyway you may remember how I said my other cautious booking midwife (who won't be my usual one thank God) booked me as high risk because my BMI is in the obese category and one of my sons was large yet on neither of these two points did I hit the high risk category on their own risk assessment form; my BMI is 31 their cut-off is 35 and the weight they consider to be an overly large baby is 10lb my biggest was 9lb 12. She also spoke about referring me to a perinatal psychiatrist even though I haven't suffered from depression in eons and was not considered high risk for depression in my previous pregnancies.

Today I had my 16 week appointment to get my blood results and all my bloods were fabulous, and as they should be. Also the midwife dealing with me was extremely nice and could not believe that the other midwife had tried to book me for consultant care based on these things she said my BMI was perfectly ok for someone of my height and build and I actually looked slim to her and since it is four points below their cut-off the other midwife should not have put me as high risk for that. As for my son being large she said its still below their cut off but just in case she asked me if I would go for the GTT and I said fine; since I saw a lady having it today and it didn't look so bad (and now they give you lucozade, whoopy doo!) also at this hospital they make sure you have it first thing in the morning so you're not fasting for excessively long. She also said the perinatal psychiatrist thing is totally unnecessary as well but if I ever would like counselling or anything then she could arrange that, I said no I'd keep it in mind.

So now I am fully back under midwife care, have my next scan at 21 weeks (which is early for this hospital as they now do it between 22-23 weeks for most women) and my GTT at 24 weeks and then from 28 weeks I am with the local midwife who is based literally around the corner.

Soph x

Glad to hear you had a much more positive experience!

Hey all.
Worrying has begun again. :wacko:
Im at 7 + 5 and my BB's are getting bigger but they are not sore. my nips r a wee bit tender, but thats it. shouldn't they be sore at this stage...or does not every girl get this symptom? :shrug:
Also im 7+5 and got a belly already, when im 12 weeks ill post a photo, or when it starts lookin like a proper baby bump.
Any advice would be fantastic.

thanks xxx :)

Don't think I got my sore boobies for a little while after bfp tbh. Don't worry wen they come you will wish they hadn't! Lol

Hey bex I haven't had sore boobs at all, just sore nipples but not all the time xxxx

Thanks All!! Seriously, i dont know what i would do without this site!! :thumbup: :hugs:

Phew!! Glad im not the only one! although my OH thinks they are growing, I didnt believe him...until today i bought a new bra... 40E, (i am normally a 38D) and it fits!! a 40E! and im only 7 n a half weeks gone! cant believe it !! :p :)

Im so desperate for my first appointment and my first scan...feels like ages away.

Found a good site girls

https://www.plus-size-pregnancy.org/

Some of the things dont apply because its an amarican site but it still has lots of usefull info.

Hi ladies - can I join? I'm in the US - size 18/20 and this is my first pregnancy. Just got my BFP last week Thursday, I'll be 5 weeks tomorrow! :baby:

Hi ladies - can I join? I'm in the US - size 18/20 and this is my first pregnancy. Just got my BFP last week Thursday, I'll be 5 weeks tomorrow! :baby:

Hi leesa - welcome to the big momma's club!! Hope you find this thread useful xx

I am so excited - I've hit 2nd tri at last yipppppppeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"