Any big momma's out there?

Well I have hit another plateau - the excitement of my scan has died down and I don't have another appointment until the 2nd of August. Even though I do feel pregnant now that I have seen haricot on the screen, it just seems like nothing is happening at the moment. Anyone else feel like this sometimes?

My first appointment is August 2nd so I am in the same boat! Seems forever away... how to make the time go faster... :)

I felt the same after I got my bfp - the first couple of weeks just dragged but then all of a sudden I was laid on the bed seeing little haricot on the screen and it was just magic!

I weighed myself this morning and I have lost a total of 19lbs since getting my bfp, but it seems to have all come off my hands and face - haricot is still nice and protected lol. I do think the latest 5lbs might be due to the fact that I have actually managed to go to the loo for the past 4 days straight (sorry tmi hahaha). Being able to eat more regularly and proper foods now the ms is subsiding is defo helping too.

Well I have hit another plateau - the excitement of my scan has died down and I don't have another appointment until the 2nd of August. Even though I do feel pregnant now that I have seen haricot on the screen, it just seems like nothing is happening at the moment. Anyone else feel like this sometimes?

My first appointment is August 2nd so I am in the same boat! Seems forever away... how to make the time go faster... :)

I felt the same after I got my bfp - the first couple of weeks just dragged but then all of a sudden I was laid on the bed seeing little haricot on the screen and it was just magic!

I weighed myself this morning and I have lost a total of 19lbs since getting my bfp, but it seems to have all come off my hands and face - haricot is still nice and protected lol. I do think the latest 5lbs might be due to the fact that I have actually managed to go to the loo for the past 4 days straight (sorry tmi hahaha). Being able to eat more regularly and proper foods now the ms is subsiding is defo helping too.

Wow that's really good, you must be pleased!

I am still doing Slimming World in principal but put on half a stone after BFP and that hasn't gone yet, nothing extra on though and hoping to turn it round. :)

Lozzy my BMI is really high don't wanna say. They can see her fine, but the pics aren't as clear for measuring small amounts in her brain etc.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well anyway I was pleased about my news.

hi everyone!!!!

i'm a size 20, my concern is that the doctor has done multiple early internal exams on me which caused a good amount of spotting each time with the last exam lasting the whole week. Now my question is ....because i'm a little more thicker, can they still do the external scan? Im going to see another doctor on tues because i belive that i do not need a weekly internal scan. This is my first pregnacy,i have no history of miscarriages or anything. But for some reason this doctor is insisting that she needs to keep "monitoring" .

hi everyone!!!!

i'm a size 20, my concern is that the doctor has done multiple early internal exams on me which caused a good amount of spotting each time with the last exam lasting the whole week. Now my question is ....because i'm a little more thicker, can they still do the external scan? Im going to see another doctor on tues because i belive that i do not need a weekly internal scan. This is my first pregnacy,i have no history of miscarriages or anything. But for some reason this doctor is insisting that she needs to keep "monitoring" .

First of all remember if you realy dont want a scan you dont have to have one. Its your body and you are well with in your right to refuse anything you dont want. We dont usualy have a scan in the uk untill 12 weeks Secondly so you would be a uk size 16? Im 2 sizes bigger than you and had an external scan at 8 weeks and you could see baby fine and could clearly make out the heartbeat which at that stage is all they will be checking for.

https://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad148/lozzy22minx/Laurascan1.png

You just need to make sure you have a full bladder as it pushes your uterus foward and makes it easier to see.

I thought you could refuse an internal scan if you don't feel comfortable with it? I didn't think they did these so much these days?

scan went well and got a clear picture of bean no problems

I thought you could refuse an internal scan if you don't feel comfortable with it? I didn't think they did these so much these days?

I think its a lot more common in the US.

hi everyone!!!!

I am a uk size 26 which I think is a us size 24, so much bigger than you are hun! I think it is just ridiculous that your doctor is insisting on doing internal examinations on you for "monitoring" - I didn't have any type of examination or scan until 12wks and they had no problem finding haricot externally.

I don't blame you for getting a second opinion - I most certainly would! I hope you have more joy - let us know how you get on xxx

If i see one more "im so fat" thread im going to scream lol

I probably have more fat on my left arse cheek than they do on there whole bodys.

They are saying they are eating crap and then moaning they are putting weight on :dohh:

ye lozzy i kno wa u mean, i was fat to begin with lol, im actually the same weight now as i was when i got pregnant with the twins!!

bah humbug lol xxxx

ok everyone!!! today i had good experience with my new doctor!!! She actually sat down with me and answered all of my questions... She went through and let me know what i should be and shouldn't be eating. She actually listened to me when i told her no more internal ultra sounds, and the reasons why. So next week i'm going to do an external , she told me that to make sure my bladder is full so it pushes up my uterus. We are going to be looking for the heart beat!!! so wish me luck!!!

I am 25 years of age and I'm 5'9. I am a size 18! I am 18+2 weeks and I have actually lost about 5 lbs since I found out I was pregnant at 6 weeks! I don't see how cause I eat like there is no tomorrow! Lol!

I was wandering when u all starting feeling your little one move? I feel queezy sometimes and it feels like its rolling around inside but I haven't felt it move from the outside yet! I can't wait til I do!

Hi Peach

There's a lot of factors that go into feeling movements. I have to say I didn't feel big definite kicks until around 20+ Weeks. Before that I was getting occasional flutters but questioned them as this is my first. But your placenta position can affect that. Mine is normal and at the back, where it should be but if yours is at the front it can cushion the kicks so you don't feel them yet.

I'm a Aus size 20 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->