Any big momma's out there?

Im starting to get a propper bump :D So far iv managed to escape the joys that the profesionals say comes with being big and pregnant.

Heres my bump progression so far.

[IMG]https://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww275/rainbowprincess83_2009/order%20samples/loz.jpg[/IMG]

Hi, I hvae a BMI of 43 and am just so thrilled to have found this thread. As I posted previously my other half wont try as long asI am so overweight as he feel sit woiuld be too dangerous for me and the baby. I feel that he has a point but I am just so impatient. The thing is then it is causing so much agro between us as we are both very keen for a babay and he cannot understand why I am not losing weight. To be honest, I suppose neither can I. It is something I have struggled with for years and now it is really stopping me having something we both love. I fear that it is putting huge pressure on our marriage and we are breaking.

Anyway I just wanted to let that out.

Hi, I hvae a BMI of 43 and am just so thrilled to have found this thread. As I posted previously my other half wont try as long asI am so overweight as he feel sit woiuld be too dangerous for me and the baby. I feel that he has a point but I am just so impatient. The thing is then it is causing so much agro between us as we are both very keen for a babay and he cannot understand why I am not losing weight. To be honest, I suppose neither can I. It is something I have struggled with for years and now it is really stopping me having something we both love. I fear that it is putting huge pressure on our marriage and we are breaking.

Problems occur with women who are a normal size too, just because your skinny doesnt mean you will have a complication free pregnancy. I belive if you are to big to be pregnant then you wont get pregnant in the first place.

Mrs John my bmi is a little bit higher than yours and i must admit i never thought i would get pregnant at this size but here i am :D there is hope for us larger ladies i hope your OH can understand.

Hi mrsjohn - my bmi was 43.9 at my booking appointment. When hubby and I started trying for a baby I was ever so good - ate healthily, gave up alcohol, took vitamin tablets etc - but nothing happened. As soon as I started being myself again and enjoying my life I got pregnant - in fact I had put a stone ON before getting pregnant!

The way I look at it is that I must be healthy enough to conceive so there is no reason why I should be in any danger. I have never had any weight related health problems and don't expect them to start just because I am pregnant.

My experience has been pretty positive so far - the only thing that has been said by my doctor and midwife about my weight is that I have to see a consultant at 16wks and that it would be advisable for me to give birth in hospital. No-one has said anything to scare me or make me feel bad for being an overweight mother - at the end of the day any woman, no matter what her size can encounter complications during pregnancy.

I have actually lost a stone and a half since getting my bfp because of the morning sickness and just generally not being able to eat as much as I used to! But everything seems to be progressing quite nicely so far (touch wood!)

I understand completely why your husband is worried but my advice to you both would be to do what we did - stop worrying and let nature take its course. If it is going to happen then it will.

Good luck to you sweetie xxxxx

what a nice post betty :)

i agree my BMI at booking was 41, and nothing was said i am seein a consultant but that is down to me carryiing twins and having raised prolactin, im not even having my GTT till 28 weeks as they arent concerned!!

all i can say honey is just relax, it will happen when its meant to :)

cant wait guys im 15 weeks tomorrow :D

xxxx

Thank you so much for yere replies. I hope I didnt offend anyone I wasnt intending to.

I am so longing for a bambino. the plan at the mo is to give it three months and see if I lose weight. I cant seem to get it together tho. Isnt it wierd that I want something so badly- a baby and a happy marriage- and just cant seem to work towards it.

Ye are all so positive, thats so fantastic. Its so great to 'talk' to other women in the same position. I am surrounded by pregnany friends who are skinny and I am sickof trying to smile and not be heartbroken.

oh mrsjohn...my bmi was 46 at 13 weeks...the midwife didn't even weigh me at 8 wks booking in appt, just took my word for it and I told her I thought my bmi was about 47!

I'm on midwife led care, but have been offered (and accepted) a dietician appt as I want to do my best to avoid gestational diabetes... and that's it.

I have entirely given up dieting and have actually lost weight - largely from stopping drinking due to pregnancy I think! Check out some books on the topic, try googling Geneen Roth and Jane Hirschman...you might find it better than constantly on and off the dieting merrygoround...definitelty better for my mental health!

Lozzy - great bump shots!

Thank you so much for yere replies. I hope I didnt offend anyone I wasnt intending to.

I am so longing for a bambino. the plan at the mo is to give it three months and see if I lose weight. I cant seem to get it together tho. Isnt it wierd that I want something so badly- a baby and a happy marriage- and just cant seem to work towards it.

Ye are all so positive, thats so fantastic. Its so great to 'talk' to other women in the same position. I am surrounded by pregnany friends who are skinny and I am sickof trying to smile and not be heartbroken.

Of course you haven't offended anyone sweetie! We are all in the same boat and anytime you want a rant, chat, share news or just generally get something off of your chest then we are here to listen xxxxx

I have a bmi of 40, I actually found that I don't even over eat like everyone keeps asking . Am I eating for 2 yet? Nope.... Just normally if not less. I have totally gone off veg so no roast dinners! Lol oh hates that... We mainly have salads, can't get enough.

I origally lost 3 stone in prep to ttc but I lost it too early in time for us wen we planned to ttc and I gained some back. Then wen I lost my angel baby gained more, so am probably bigger than I wanted to be before I fell preggas. But I still did..... Twice.

Only thing is is now I am further along I can feel myself getting bigger and have to make I'm sitting properly and get up from the sofa a bit slower but that's prob the same for skinny minis!!!!

Am booked in for gtt next week, down to bmi and mum having diabetes, but don't mind really, would me good to know so I can keep us both healty.and get to see babe again at 34 weeks for growth scan!!

Anyway.....3rd tri for me today!!! Yey!!!! On the home stretch!!!!! Xxxx

Hi all, I wasnt sure/couldnt find if there was a place for plus size ladies to show off their bumps.

I have yet to put any pics up, as I just look fat. But I wanted to see if anyone feels that I have 'grown', and not in a bad way (just put extra weight on, not baby weight, lol)

Reason I say that, is my second belly (lol) at the top seems to be where its more noticable, although my apron part has, I think.

Here goes...:blush:

1: 5 weeks

2: 6+6 weeks

3: 12+6 weeks

4: 15 weeks (today)

:flower:

Attachments

• 5 weeks.jpg
    5 weeks.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 6+6.jpg
    6+6.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 7
  • 12+6 weeks.jpg BNB.jpg
    12+6 weeks.jpg BNB.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 97
  • 15 weeks.jpgBNB.jpg
    15 weeks.jpgBNB.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 98
nice little bump there coming shabutie :)

im 15 weeks and yet to take one :( think i might jus bite the bullet soon or im goin to regret not having any afterwards xxx

Thanks You, I feel that I just look fatter, But im sure in time, it may become round and I have just one belly for once. Ahaha.

You should take pics, even if they are for personal use (not to post on here) They will be a good thing to look back on :D

xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->