Any big momma's out there?

Hi Pixelle!

Sorry to hear that your experiences haven't been very positive so far - but we are here to lend an ear anytime you need (god I'm a poet and I didn't know it hahahaha!)

Hiya,
Can I join you too please?
I'm 5'2 and a UK 24 - this is my 4th baby so I'm well used to all the negative comments :cry:
Looking forward to chatting with you all,
Ceri xx (5+3)

Hi nineena! Wow I can't believe Ella is 5wks already!! I hope that it's not too long before she is allowed home.

When I think of what you and Ella have been through it makes me feel quite ashamed that I am feeling so sorry for myself lately.

It's as if I have gone back in time - i'm constantly feeling super tired, don't want to eat and when I do eat I can't keep it down for long! I'm 2lb short of losing 2 stones now since I got my bfp - and not because I've been trying to but because I can't eat very much! And that is despite my diet consisting mostly of sausage rolls, pasties and bags of haribo lol!

My DH has been brilliant though. Yesterday I said sorry for whining so much and he said "babe you have nothing to apologise for, you are pregnant and it's your right to complain" bless him! He also said he wishes he could do more to help me but I told him he does enough already and I feel bad that I can't do more to help him.

Bigbetty pregnancy is a very tiring time, i think i was more or less constantly tired from getting that positive result so dont beat yourself up about it. Thats absolutely amazing that you've lost so much weight, you'll be a skinny minny when you give birth hehe oh and i think i complained about 50 times a day and said a million times i would NEVER do it again and now Ella's here i'd do it a million times over :)

Some GORGEOUS looking bumps being posted, you're all looking fab ladies xx

Does anyone know where i can get a plus size bump band? Prob about a size 24?

I got the largest size from Asda and it fits me fine. I was a size 24 too.

Thank you for the welcome :)

I'm constantly tired with no motivation to do anything! My mum and other people keep telling me this isn't normal. All my bloods and urine etc have come back fine so I don't know if it's normal to feel so tired or not.

I usually have a sleep during the afternoon and can still sleep at night when I go to bed. If I do anything strenuous it zonks me out for ages! I was pretty active before pregnancy so not sure if it's just hormones or something? Most days I'm just too tired to go out....and the thought of the 3 flights of stairs I have to go up to get home just wears me out more! :lol:

Here's a picture of my bump at 23+6 weeks:

Attachments

• HPIM5346.jpg
    HPIM5346.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 10
Got a midwife appointment tomorrow and tbh i'm dreading it :wacko:.

I know she's going to weigh me and i think i hav put on alot of weight :blush:. Its not that i've been sitting at home scoffing my face for the past 5 weeks, before i got my BFP i was doing a really low fat diet (about 1500 cals) going the gym and walking the dog for a hour a day, and i lost 5 stone. Now i'm lucky if i can walk the dog for half a hour before she starts playing up and we have to go home. I'm eating more than i was to make sure i'm eating the right amounts and getting everything i need.

I'm so worried she's going to look down her nose at me, i wish i could turn back the weeks and eat less.

Dont worry about it! You will likely find that you eat a little less going into the second trimester. Once any sickness or excess hunger has passed. Plus as baby gets bigger you have less room! At the end of my first pregnancy I was eating really small meals as I would get full very quickly.

It sucks getting weighed in the this country as we have to be weighed for every appointment :blush:

Hellloooo..
i would love to join. Im 19, 5ft 7 and just found out im pregnant after people saying it would be impossible as im 18st. I would lov e some advise from someone tho.. Any good nutrition advise or something.
Bring on big mommas x

Hey ladies - my mum bought a book for bean I thought you might like....it's called 'Big Mama Makes the World' by Phyllis Root.... google it, see if you can find the gorgeous illustrations!

Big Mama is big, but it's not important to the story, just a part of her....soooo lovely!

Well im feeling pleased in one way, i put on a skirt today that i havent worn for ages and it fits me better now at 20 weeks than it did before i found out. But i still dont have a propper bump :( My bump is fairly small but the top and the bottom is coverd in flab so iv still got a B shape. All the other girls who are due around the same time have realy cute obviouse bumps and then there is me.

After having a miscarriage last fall I am so apprehensive about getting pregnant again... I've been dieting since before the miscarriage but more actively seeking to lose pounds before getting pregnant again. Hubby says he loves me whether we have biological children or not but I know he would be thrilled to have one or two. So, being a really big woman, what are the chances I would be able to carry to term? My family doctor gave me the okay to try again months ago but without some... shall I say "positive" .... stories to support my trying again I don't know how many times I want to try and miscarry before giving up altogether. Give me some words of wisdom please!

After having a miscarriage last fall I am so apprehensive about getting pregnant again... I've been dieting since before the miscarriage but more actively seeking to lose pounds before getting pregnant again. Hubby says he loves me whether we have biological children or not but I know he would be thrilled to have one or two. So, being a really big woman, what are the chances I would be able to carry to term? My family doctor gave me the okay to try again months ago but without some... shall I say "positive" .... stories to support my trying again I don't know how many times I want to try and miscarry before giving up altogether. Give me some words of wisdom please!

Hi There,

Firstly i am very sorry for your loss :nope: its the most tragic thing that has happened to me. I lost my angel last November.

I am a size 18-20, and was 'trying' to diet before i fell pregnant the first time. it took me another 2 cycles after MC to concieve the bruiser i have kicking me in the stomach nowl

I dont think the reason for you miscarring is down to weight. all sorts of women miscarry for unknown reasons. I think the postive attitude to 'i will get pregnant, and i will have a child of my own' was the only way i managed to get the hope that i would, and it happened and i couldnt quite believei it..

so dont give up hope, it will happen when your body is ready.

xxxx:hugs:

I was a 22-24 when I fell pregnant and have a bmi of 46...no problems with pregnancy so far *touches everything wooden in sight*

I also dont think a miscarriage is down to weight, sadly miscarriages happen because its not a viable pregnancy.

Im a UK size 24 and on my second pregnancy, I know Im incredibly lucky because Ive never gone through a miscarriage. I think my BMI is about 41.

My first child is incredibly active and very healthy, this one seems to be taking after big brother already :haha:

I do also think that we wouldnt be able to get pregnant in the first place if weight was a problem. And dont forget baby is even better protected with some extra padding :winkwink:

:hi: girls can i come back again :rofl:

we got our :bfp: a few days ago after MC last month lucky or what !!!!!!!

i had just started weight watchers !! ive decided that im not telling them there till at least 12 weeks

im 24 1/2 stone and a size 22/24 top and 28 trousers, i have lipedema and lymphedema in my legs ,

ive decided that this time no matter how gruesome im gonna take some bump pics, ive got a lovey maxi dress that will do me throughout the whole pregnancy so gonna use that as.

:kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->