Any big momma's out there?

Hi :)
I'm considered clinically obese too, and am now just over 10 weeks. I've always tried to eat a balanced diet, I'm just not meant to be petite :)
And we conceived in the first month of trying too.
My midwife has been really nice so far, all she said was that I may need consultant review later on, but she would see how it goes.
As much as I do worry about my weight sometimes, at the same time, I just tell myself, there's nothing I can do to change it now. And if my being overweight and pregnant helps care givers in my area helps give future mums-to-be a better quality of care and understanding, then I am willing to go through it :)

Well i went to my midwife appointment, i dont know what i was worried about! My BP was 123/82 anyone know if this is gd or bad its usually over 90 so i was pleased lol.
The midwife didn't even weigh me, i said i was concerned i was putting on weight. She assured me that it is prob more bloat and my weight will even its self out over the weeks. She i came out feeling better than when i went in.
My next midwife appointment is not til i'm 25 weeks which seems a long time but i suppose their isn't alot they can do.

dales girl thats a completely fine blood pressure reading especially if your usually reading in the 90's. I have similar readings to yourself by the sounds of things, still bp should be checked regularly to keep an eye out for pre eclampsia x

dales girl thats a completely fine blood pressure reading especially if your usually reading in the 90's. I have similar readings to yourself by the sounds of things, still bp should be checked regularly to keep an eye out for pre eclampsia x

Oh is it? i was suprised it was that. Lets hope it says like this so i can i have my natural birth :flower:

as a general rule your top should be 100 plus your age, but top is easily changeable effected by emotions/excercise etc.The important one is bottom one and I believe anything between 65-85 is okay x

Hey Ladies, just came across this part of the forum! How nice to find a place for us bigger girls to sort out the things we worry about!

I fit in the gang nicely...5ft 9" and around the 15st mark. So far I've lost just under 3st due to Hyperemesis and have only gained 1lb of it back since it stopped. This is baby #3 for me but I was a LOT smaller with my other 2 (size 12 instead of 18/20!) so this time I have worried about things that didn't worry me before but I'm more chilled now.

I've no real bump yet but I was very small with both my other 2 so not expecting to bloom too much!

My BP is nice and low (too low sometimes!) and I'm eating loads of fruit and salads and not really craving crap so hopefully I'll manage the weight ok.

One silly thing nagging at me which maybe you can all help with...I'm due my 20 week scan in a couple of days and I'm worried they won't get as good a look due to my fat tummy! My 12 week was fine but at my 8 week she did ask me to hold my belly tightly so I dunno?! :laugh2:

I had to hold my stomach for my 20 week scan as well. The woman was fine about it though and never passed comment. We didnt get great pics but it was a lot more to do with the fact baby was sleeping curled up for the whole scan and didnt want to show anything :haha:

BTW, a little tip for anyone that wears vest tops. Im a UK 24, but got 2 vest tops from Asda maternity range. They are only a size 20 but are a really good fit and have plenty of stretch especially for the boobs and bump :haha: They are a twin pack on the hanger, one white and one black. Im sure it was £6. They are fairly long too so will be great for laying once it goes a little cooler. Im wearing them at home at the moment as we are a month into 30oc heat and melting!

omg, just been chatting to a very 'frank' friend on facebook.

i had a bbq at the weekend, and one of my friends posted a pic of me cooking, and you can see my bump in all its glory. have had 'nice' friends commenting on my bump and how pregnancy suits me which is lovely.

however this friend says how are you etc then says 'nice bump!' and i say 'yer you think? you seen the pic then' (as i am a bit self concious of it) and she says 'yer, well its not the best picture of you that i have seen!'.... arrrgghhh

then follows it with a 'but you look beautiful!'.... now thinking she said that cos she knows she has insulted me and i look like a heffer!! then she said 'well we all cant be like sarah' (who is a size 8 and had a tiny bump, and has just given birth). i was like 'if i had a tiny bump like her i would look stupid!' :dohh:

also to top it off i saw her mum in the shop the other day, who asked me when i was due. i said oct... 'hmmmm she said, really?????' gave me a dissapproving look and said your gona have a big baby, i tried to explain that i had just eaten was was a after dinner bloat too, but she would have any of it!!!

gooodddddd!!!!!!!:cry:

sod her hun,

you have a little miracle growing inside you and everyone is different! how do they know your just not carrying a lot of fluid?

arg ppl really are getting to me lately!!!

xxx

i know, its not even like she is a skinny mini!

she is a yo-yo dieter like me. trying to lose wait before conceiving, i was just then givnig her tips on doing the Rosemary conley diet.... just she wait till she up the duff! lol.... nope wouldnt be so cruel!

I was about 15/16 weeks when i felt the odd flutter. Started feeling them more regular around 18 weeks

yeah around 15ish weeks here and I have an anterior placenta :)

I'm 15 weeks and still no movement but didnt feel first til probs 22 weeks, everyone is different with feeling movement and tbh I dont think its anything to do with size x

I thought i felt a flutter a couple of days ago but not too sure. Can't remember with my first as it was 10 years ago lol.

i was about 16ish weeks i think with alex but seen proper movements on the outside at 23 x

Don't think I have yet! Had a few twinges a few days ago but nothing since, was probably a trump brewing!

I'm 17 weeks now so hoping everyday will be the day! Listened to HB with doppler yesterday and HEARD movements - noises we haven't heard before on top of the HB and placenta noises...surely not long now? Come on bean!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->