Any big momma's out there?

Hiya gorgeous ladies hope youre all doing well and pregnanices progressing well!!! Just wanted to share with u that my gorgeous girl finally got discharged from hospital today after a very very long 9wks :) xxx

So I had my scan...my baby is pretty big. She's estimated to weigh 5lbs 13 ounces (eek!!!!). The tech said give or take a pound, so that could mean she's almost 7 pounds!! or she could be just under 5 pounds. We got a pretty good picture of her face, and she has some chubby cheeks on her! (Like me!)
On the plus side, the tech told me they'd rather the baby be a bit too big than too small...and that gives her less of a chance of having to spend time in the NICU if she's premature...that made me feel better. I'm going to have another growth scan in a few weeks, and apparently they may induce me early (after 37 weeks though) if they feel it's necessary.
But she's very healthy, and they confirmed she is DEFINITELY a girl, which is wonderful

Hiya gorgeous ladies hope youre all doing well and pregnanices progressing well!!! Just wanted to share with u that my gorgeous girl finally got discharged from hospital today after a very very long 9wks :) xxx

Ahhh that's fantastic news, you must be so relived to have her home finally.

So I had my scan...my baby is pretty big. She's estimated to weigh 5lbs 13 ounces (eek!!!!). The tech said give or take a pound, so that could mean she's almost 7 pounds!! or she could be just under 5 pounds. We got a pretty good picture of her face, and she has some chubby cheeks on her! (Like me!)
On the plus side, the tech told me they'd rather the baby be a bit too big than too small...and that gives her less of a chance of having to spend time in the NICU if she's premature...that made me feel better. I'm going to have another growth scan in a few weeks, and apparently they may induce me early (after 37 weeks though) if they feel it's necessary.
But she's very healthy, and they confirmed she is DEFINITELY a girl, which is wonderful

I've got a growth scan in a couple of weeks ! Eek!

So tech said give or take a pound? That's quite a lot isn't it?

At least you know she's healthy. Rather have a chunky monkey, feel that but more stronger don't they?

Wonder what my scan will tell me. I'm planning on leaving work at 37 weeks so if like you and they want baby to come earlier will be leaving work pretty soon! Lol! Yey!

I've got a growth scan in a couple of weeks ! Eek!

So tech said give or take a pound? That's quite a lot isn't it?

At least you know she's healthy. Rather have a chunky monkey, feel that but more stronger don't they?

Wonder what my scan will tell me. I'm planning on leaving work at 37 weeks so if like you and they want baby to come earlier will be leaving work pretty soon! Lol! Yey!

I know, it amazes me that there's that much room for error with these growth scans. My best friend was told her baby would be close to 9 pounds...he was born at 7 pounds, one ounce. :wacko:
I feel better knowing that her being a big chub is a good thing if she's premature...
I'm kinda hoping she comes a bit early now...not too early, but 37-38 weeks would be perfect, just so she's not HUGE, know what I mean?

Thanks 2wantedpls. OH and i wouldnt go by growth scans etc....they told me Ella was going to be over 8lbs and at 34wks she was probably over 5lbs. She was born at 35wks weighing 3lb 4oz!!!!

Hi ladies, i just wondered how much weight you have all put on. I've just stepped on the scales for the first time since i had to quit my extreme diet (1200kcals) and i have put on a whopping stone!!! I feel so disgusted with myself, i'm not going to try and lose weight but i am going to be a bit more careful of what goes into my gob! I had to quit the gym due to money issues but i've still been walking my dog, so maybe if i do it a bit longer each day my weight gain will slow down.

At my 28 wk appoint I had put on 11 pounds. Which was suprising!

Bt I really wouldn't worry about wait gain. My
Mw told me not to. If you are eating properly then your body will gain what it needs to.

U have prob gained cos you have gone from a low cal diet to eating normally so your body is grabbing everything now in case it's intake gets restricted again. It will prob slow down now esp if you are exercising.

Hi ladies, i just wondered how much weight you have all put on. I've just stepped on the scales for the first time since i had to quit my extreme diet (1200kcals) and i have put on a whopping stone!!! I feel so disgusted with myself, i'm not going to try and lose weight but i am going to be a bit more careful of what goes into my gob! I had to quit the gym due to money issues but i've still been walking my dog, so maybe if i do it a bit longer each day my weight gain will slow down.

I was on weight watchers and I'd lost 10lbs and I put it all back on plus some straight away but then I stopped putting any on at all - it might just be the sudden change back and your weight gain could balance itself out.

I'm not sure of the exact number, but I've gained way too much weight. It's somewhere in the area of 30 pounds. WAY too much. But I'm trying not to let it bother me...my feet, ankles and hands are always quite swollen, so I know some of it is from that. Plus, I feel confident that I will be able to lose it after the baby's born.

Hiya Ladies!! I am a big mama too! I haven't gained to much weight about 6 pounds, so far so I am hoping that means I've been losing while still getting rounder.

heyyyyy ladies guess what - had my first midwife appointment - she came to the house as i cant get ablout so easily and OMG she was soooo lovely we went thu everything and even said she wasnt worried about weight as it was below bmi 40 ........... i could just cry im so happy ooh and bp 100/75... she was quite happy with that xx

hi ladies
Im a big mommy to just found out im pregnant again and im liking the last post about the bmi below 40.. Im hoping im not going to put to much weight on my body already aches lol xx

wow cant believe we're making April babies already!! lol

congrats hun and welcome.

Hello to all the new ladies!!!!!

I am sooooo excited to have my scan tomorrow!!!!! Haricot has been very active this last couple of days and I am finally noticing a definite swelling to my belly - especially when I lay down lol.

DH and I have 2wks off work starting Sunday and after a nice over night stay in a hotel we are coming home to start decorating the nursery!!!! Yipppeeeeee!!!!

Hi ladies,
I just got home from my doctor's appointment, and I'm feeling really down on myself...we talked about the fact that my baby is measuring quite large, and she said that it's not a big deal because I'm "such a large person" myself...she said it three times. Okay, so I know I'm a big woman, but I don't need to be constantly reminded about it...I'm a size 18ish, yes that's big, but it's not like I weigh 800 pounds or something.
I know I'm big, I know I've gained too much weight, and I know there's extra risks with being big...why do they need to constantly remind me? It's like every time I go there, they think I don't already KNOW I'm too big, and feel the need to remind me about it.
Sorry, I just needed to get that off my chest. I can't wait for this pregnancy to be over not only so I can have my beautiful baby, but also so I can hopefully work my butt off to lose weight so I can maybe get even a teeny amount of my self esteem back. :cry:

Oh sweetie medical staff can be so inconsiderate sometimes. I would just turn around and say "I do live in my body, you don't have to keep reminding me how big it is!!"

You don't have long to wait now though!!!

Thanks betty :)
Just over 6 weeks...can't wait!

Oh Peanut that is harsh! I am much bigger than you and all is well so far...you've got your baby healthily to almost 34 weeks so far... just don't let stupid people get you down! Your body is doing a great job and so are you xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->