Any big momma's out there?

Hey everyone

Not posted in here for a while but been kinda busy. Ive been having problems with my blood pressure or so the hospital thought but turns out this wasnt actually the case and it was just stress that was putting my blood pressure up. I have had to go every week to get it checked and had to have growth scans too.

The scans showed that the baby isnt measuring as she should be in the stomach and they believe its my placenta thats not working as it should so im getting induced on tuesday at 36+5
The midwife and consultants have reassured me that the baby is getting enough food to do her at the moment but just not enough to put on weight but all her other organs are developing as they should be.

I cant believe im gonna have my baby next week it feels so surreal. Oh and guess what i havent gained any weight throughout my pregnancy :happydance: i have actually lost 2kgs im well impressed i think the hospital were too :haha:

Hope everyones well

Wow good luck hun, and well done on the non weight gain. wish i could say that for myself. i think i have put on a bit over a stone now.

i guess that means you are getting induced tomo as its Tuesday tomoz!! eeek how exctiing for you!!!! keep us updated wont you!!!

Well Ladies,

Im 34 weeks tommorow!! 1 week closer to seeing my baby!! only 6 weeks to go.

Had docs this morning, have slight protein in my wee :wacko: so is sending it off for tests. hopefully its nothing. OH googled pre-elampsia (Sp!?) and started to freak out.... great!!!

Good news is baby is head down. so hopefully baby will stay that way and embark in engaging! lol:haha: eekkk....

Started my NCT antenatel classes last week, had one on Thurs and all day session on Sat. They are really good. can really recommend them. got 3 more sessions to go. we have learnt alot and we have a really good class. there are 7 couples in it.

I know it seems a bit soon too, but we put the car seat in the car yesterday. im so glad we did, as we had a right fight with the car seat base and teh car to get it in. had to get neighbour out to ask if it looked ok. she didnt really know cos she is using isofix in hers. so we put it in as best we could cos it still seemed to move a bit. took it up to babies r us, and got them to check it. they confirmed it was ok!! phew.... not moving it now till baby arrives. way too much hassle. am so glad bout a base as using the car seat on its own was just wayyyyy tooooo much hassle!!!

Hope everyone else is doing ok!!!

Aaaaaaw I bet you are getting soooo excited now!!!

Car seats can be a bit of a nightmare can't they? My car got broken into over the bank holiday weekend and they did so much damage trying to steal it that the insurance have just written it off (it was a bit of an old banger, but I loved that car!!!).

DH and I had been thinking about getting something a bit bigger for a family car anyway but this has given us the motivation to get sorted. We just need to save for a couple more months to get a decent amount together. I'm hoping we can get something that takes an isofix base cos it will make life so much easier!

I hope the test results come back ok and that you OH can stop panicking bless him xxxxxx

You can get bases that strap in using a seatbelt. My maxicosi goes on an easybase, which is same as the isofix one just without the isofix obviously :) Most cars that are 3 years old or so will have it though, mine doesn't cos it's a shit heap :)

sorry for jumping in your thread btw :haha:

That's ok. Yer my base is a seat belt strap one. But was still hard to fit. Think cos my back seats are slightly tilted so made it bit more difficult.

2wantedpls - This is going to sound really weird but we studied pre-eclampsia in school. Yeah it CAN be bad but in most cases it isn't - my thoughts are with you as I tend to go:hissy:at the slightest hint of anything, but try not to panic. :hugs:

2wantedpls - This is going to sound really weird but we studied pre-eclampsia in school. Yeah it CAN be bad but in most cases it isn't - my thoughts are with you as I tend to go:hissy:at the slightest hint of anything, but try not to panic. :hugs:

Awww thanks, it more OH freaking out than me. Remembering the slightest headache I might have had 3 weeks ago and if I am swelling up or not!

Gona try not to think about it till I go back next week!!

Growth scan tomo!! Get to see my baby again!!! Yey!!!

Had my GTT today and the results came back fine

Good news lozzy. Didn't think you wanted that done . Good ya did though.

Glad everything turned out ok lozzy - got mine in a few weeks.

Found baby on my doppler last night. So happy. And my big lad turned 5

Hello ladies!

Well today is day 6 with no sickness - it's a record!!! Only managed a coulple of days so far!!! Weighed myself this morning and I've lost a total of 2 and a half stones now - I'm the lightest I've been in as long as I can remember!!!!

LO is being rather active and I can feel my belly getting harder.

DH has started painting the nursery and everything feels like it is starting to come together - I'm so happy at the moment!!!!

How are you all feeling right now????

Wow Betty who would have thoght getting preggars would mean losing that much weight!!!'imagine how much u will have lost after baby!!!!
Wow well done you !!

I had my growth scan today! Baby is just doing fine. All them people saying I've got a huge baby can stick it! Lol. Growth is pretty much on track so no further consultancy appointments! Yey!!!!

Wow Betty who would have thoght getting preggars would mean losing that much weight!!!'imagine how much u will have lost after baby!!!!
Wow well done you !!

I had my growth scan today! Baby is just doing fine. All them people saying I've got a huge baby can stick it! Lol. Growth is pretty much on track so no further consultancy appointments! Yey!!!!

:happydance:

That's awesome Betty! I have also been feeling better the past few days (Knock on wood!)
Also great you've lost weight, I am really trying to stay at my weight and not gain much but I've got a long way to go!!
What color are you painting the nursery??

Glad to hear your scan went well - if my gtt comes back negative then I have one more scan at 32wks along with my next consultant app, if it's positive then I will have more scans.

We are painting the nursery all in white and having a neutral colour carpet down, then sticking some pics of farm animals all around once the furniture is in. We have seen some lovely ones on ebay. We didn't want to go all girlie pink in there as it's only a very small room so white makes it feel all light and more spacious.

Will post some pics once it's finished - which will be a while as we haven't picked the carpet or furniture yet lol!

Wow well done you !!

I know it's pretty amazing lol. My mum said she wouldn't be trying my diet - to which I replied I would be worried if she did as my dad had the snip after my sister was born lol :dohh:

Fab news Lozzy -I was starting to think thta GD was inevitable for bigger women...

you go bigbetty how have you done that??

I had a bit of a hiccup this morning Im only 10 weeks but my body feels like its under strain already. I took my son for his jabs and just the walk to the dr and back about 40 mins made me cry. I have a kidney disorder to but I dont remember feeling this tired and achey until near the end of my last pregnancy.

I could really do with loosing some weight but the eat less part is fine the move more has me exhausted.

I am a big girl so I worry about how much I will put on this time

you go bigbetty how have you done that??

I had a bit of a hiccup this morning Im only 10 weeks but my body feels like its under strain already. I took my son for his jabs and just the walk to the dr and back about 40 mins made me cry. I have a kidney disorder to but I dont remember feeling this tired and achey until near the end of my last pregnancy.

I could really do with loosing some weight but the eat less part is fine the move more has me exhausted.

I am a big girl so I worry about how much I will put on this time

I had really bad morning sickness along with a much smaller appetite. I have been very lazy since getting pregnant really so can't say excercise has helped tbh! Some days I didn't eat anything because I either didn't feel like it or just couldn't keep anything down - the weight has just dropped off!

Things are getting better though - this is day 7 without being sick. I still feel quite nauseous but as long as I eat little and often I am managing to control it.

I felt really really tired at the beginning of my pregnancy. I had absolutely no energy whatsoever - how I managed to get out of bed never mind work full time is beyond me lol! I still get worn out easily but things improved after about 14/15 weeks.

I'm on the 2nd week of a fortnight off at the moment and will only have 7wks left until I start maternity leave when I go back - I'm counting down the days lol!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->