Any big momma's out there?

Awww Betty your very lucky. So you gona be a stay at home mum? Wish I cud do that. Oh suggested last nite that I think about working from home. As childcare gona cost us 300 quid a month. Something I'll have to look into.

What you got planned for your 11 weeks off then? Keeping busy?!!

Awww Betty your very lucky. So you gona be a stay at home mum? Wish I cud do that. Oh suggested last nite that I think about working from home. As childcare gona cost us 300 quid a month. Something I'll have to look into.

What you got planned for your 11 weeks off then? Keeping busy?!!

Yeah I am really lucky. I might have to end up working a few hours but we will just have to see how things pan out. DH earns too much for us to get any help with childcare so if I went back to work most of it would go towards nursery fees which seems a bit pointless.

I am planning (or rather praying lol) that the nesting instinct kicks in and I muster up the enthusiasm to get the house all clean and sorted.

Hubby has applied for a job at work that would mean he can work from home 2 days a week which would be absolutely brilliant. He isn't holding out much hope for it though as it's a sideways move and his boss told him he may get blocked because they don't want him to leave the team. We just have to wait and see now.

Hi there all! I'm brand new here, but I'd like to join your big momma club! I don't know what the heck a stone is, but I am 6'2", 293 lb, BMI 38. I wear a size 24. I just found out I am p/g last week. Don't know how far along I am, as I didn't have a period between last m/c and current pregnancy. Will know more on Oct. 13 when I have my first u/s. It's SO great to know I am not the only bigger girl around here!

hey guys jus wanted to finally post my 20 weeks scan of the duchess :) sorry its nearly 4 weeks late lol,

ive got a growth scan on tuesday to see how she is doing so i will update with another piccy then :)

Betty are you going to be posting a bump piccy soon??? i will if you do :p xxxx

Attachments

• IMGP2093.jpg
    IMGP2093.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 4
I'm a bigger mom too. I am 227 lbs, size 22. I am glad there are other moms out there who will understand this experience.

check me out!!! moved into last box!! home stretch for me!!! :happydance:

Hello all newcomers! Welcome! Had midwife appointment last Thurs, BP perfect, baby HB great all brilliant. My midwife did say there was a BMI cutoff for a waterbirth but she didn't know what it was - does anyone know? She said she thought it was either 30 or 34 (if it's 30 I've no chance but my BMI is/was 34 s if it's 35 I'm well in there - the birth pool that is) but she wasn't sure. I've got my fingers crossed that even if I can't have a waterbirth I'll still be allowed to go in the pool for a bit for pain relief.

Hi ladies!

Welcome to the club CMUchick, xshell79 and sevenladybugs!!!! CMUchick just for reference a stone is 14lbs - so I've lost 35lbs in total since getting pregnant!

terrri - here is my very first bump pic - taken 2 minutes ago at 23+1!!! Now the baby bump bit is the very slight swelling above the overhang and below the bit where the 'b' goes in hahahahaha! My flab looks worse because I've tucked my jeans underneath the overhang lol! :dohh:

hiya ladies
i would like to asy u lovely people if they have been put under consultant care due to there bmi?
mine is 35 but cos im 5"3' ish and wear a size 16. made me laugh.
please any advice would be great full.
its my 1st pregancy.
thanks
sarah

hiya ladies
i would like to asy u lovely people if they have been put under consultant care due to there bmi?
mine is 35 but cos im 5"3' ish and wear a size 16. made me laugh.
please any advice would be great full.
its my 1st pregancy.
thanks
sarah

Hey luv - I'm under consultant care. Saw him for my 16wk appointment and to be honest it was a bit of a waste of time. Told me a lot of stuff I already knew then left lol. He did book me in for an extra growth scan at 32wks though and said if my gtt comes back positive I will have to have a couple more.

At the end of the day they are just covering their own backs because if they didn't refer us to consultants and something went wrong they would have a lawsuit on their hands lol. I really don't care who I see as long as my little girl is happy and growing as she should.

Good luck with your pregancy and feel free to ask questions, share stories or just rant on here any time you like xxxx

wannabemumma - I'm also 5ft 3 and a size 14/16 (depending on how stretchy the clothes are lol) and my bmi is 34 (so only 1 difference) and I'm not under consultant care. Have you been put under consultant care?

btw, Betty, you look amazing - can't believe you've lost so much weight, so jealous.

btw, Betty, you look amazing - can't believe you've lost so much weight, so jealous.

Thank you! I'm feeling pretty good too. I have FINALLY learnt to stop eating when I'm full and not to finish the plate just because it's there lol!!!

yer i suppose just made me laugh and i dont understand it to much.
mw was a bit of a drip thou lol.
i dont thin BMI is the best judge thou. ive seen healthy men be underweight just cos they tall.
just cant wait to have the energy to go bk to the gym. i used to go 3 time a week
Littlemrs yer i am lol mad me chuckle.
thanks ladies and good night

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"