Any big momma's out there?

Hey just saw this thread, am a big momma myself, expecting my first... I lost over 20lbs before getting pregnant, hoping to keep my weight loss minimal for the health of the baby etc. Wearing a size 24, am 5'7"

Can't wait to meet you all (sorry, just don't have the stamina to read 100+ pages right now!:haha:)

Hi there - welcome to the club!

They won't worry about you losing weight during pregnancy - I've lost 2 and a half stone and everytime I mention it to a doctor or midwife they just say "wow congratulations!!!". It happened do to fairly severe morning sickness and just a much smaller appetite, but I feel much healthier. I was a size 26 when I got pregnant, and am now a 20/22.

It's more the weight you gain that they will monitor, but don't worry about what you eat during the first few weeks because if you are suffering with morning sickness it's best to just eat what you can when you can - I lived on pasties for about 4weeks lol!

Good luck to you xxx

right im finally here with a bump picture, got fed up waiting for hubby to take ot for me so i took it myself,

just ignore the horrendous loungy clothes i have on lol,

bump pic 24 weeks (was a size 20 and 17st 10 before falling pregnant BMI 41) xxxx

Attachments

• IMGP2096.jpg
    IMGP2096.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 7
Good looking bump Terrri! :thumbup:

Ive started on a little long lasting night time insulin now. I did one injection at the hospital and it really didnt hurt at all!

Baby is growing well, on the top part of the scale and looking to be around 5.5lbs already! :happydance: And finally we got to see the sex, no doubt at all when on the screen we saw a rather large set of testicles! The doctor didnt even need to say what they were as it was so clear :happydance: So delighted to be having another boy.

My toddler is delighted too and has been giving baby extra kisses this aftternoon! :cloud9:

I get scanned and checked over again in another 3 weeks when Im 35 weeks then 38 and they see if I need an induction then.:thumbup:

Yay lovely bump terrri!!!!! Wish mine looked as round as yours!!!

Congratulations on your boy sara xxxxxxx

Hey just saw this thread, am a big momma myself, expecting my first... I lost over 20lbs before getting pregnant, hoping to keep my weight loss minimal for the health of the baby etc. Wearing a size 24, am 5'7"

Can't wait to meet you all (sorry, just don't have the stamina to read 100+ pages right now!:haha:)

They won't worry about you losing weight during pregnancy - I've lost 2 and a half stone and everytime I mention it to a doctor or midwife they just say "wow congratulations!!!". It happened do to fairly severe morning sickness and just a much smaller appetite, but I feel much healthier. I was a size 26 when I got pregnant, and am now a 20/22.

It's more the weight you gain that they will monitor, but don't worry about what you eat during the first few weeks because if you are suffering with morning sickness it's best to just eat what you can when you can - I lived on pasties for about 4weeks lol!

Good luck to you xxx
:dohh: I meant weight GAIN lol... haven't been having bad enough MS to lose any weight yet... not gaining even though I've been snacking non-stop (of course that was last week, haven't jumped on the scale this week.)
Eating is the only thing that makes the nausea go away unfortunately, lol. So I'm snacking every hour or so.. trying to keep it healthy but not always possible :munch::munch::munch:

Good luck to you xxx
:dohh: I meant weight GAIN lol... haven't been having bad enough MS to lose any weight yet... not gaining even though I've been snacking non-stop (of course that was last week, haven't jumped on the scale this week.)
Eating is the only thing that makes the nausea go away unfortunately, lol. So I'm snacking every hour or so.. trying to keep it healthy but not always possible :munch::munch::munch:

It's best to eat little and often anyway, your body processes food much better that way and burns it off more easily.

I really need to weigh myself again - not done it for a couple of weeks. Want to see if I have started to put any back on now I'm not being sick any more and am eating a bit more regularly, although I'm still not eating a great deal.

I think I'm just worrying because my snacks aren't that healthy, and though my meals are now normal-sized portions instead of my usual pig-out size portions... it just seems like I'm eating WAY too much :haha:

I got on the scales for the first time today. Put on over a stone since beginning. However, only about 3lbs since my booking appointment (the original 11lbs piled on within about a week of quitting my diet - as they tend to - and was nothing to do with pregnancy). Should I be happy that it's only about 3lbs since the booking in or sad because I know it's more like 14lbs? Any fans of denial? Think I'll probably go with 3lbs in my head.

Hi ladies Ive got to go for a GTT later in my pregnancy my bmi is 39 but is this a little over cautious. Ive been classed as a high risk pregnancy because of my kidney, cervix problems. So im being monitored but I was mad to feel like I should be ashamed because Im overweight and pregnant its made me angry really. I am aware of the fact im overweight and I dont really need it drummed into me. sorry for the rant ladies:growlmad:

Hi everyone,

I know ive not posted much in here but i wanted to share my good news with everyone. I had my daughter Amy on the 8th of this month. She was 3 weeks early and weighed 5 pounds 6 and a half ounces.

My pregnancy had its ups and downs and i have to say that the weight issue wasnt brought up much except from having to have an anaesthetic review to see what pain relief i could have etc. I thought this was going to be very embarassing and that they would criticise me and make me feel bad but it was actually very laid back and relaxed and in the end i was advised that i could have whatever pain relief i wanted :D.

Amy was born via a c section which was due to my placenta not functioning as it should have been to provide her with enough food to allow her to grow. The day after the section i was up walking about and was fully mobile.

Shes doing great now and has put on more weight shes now 6 pounds 1 and a half ounces.

Attachments

• Amy 025.jpg
    Amy 025.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Amy 027.jpg
    Amy 027.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 6
Congrats Scotsgal! Glad to hear she's doing well!

hey ladies i am 5'6" at 234lbs ....lost 20 and packed 10 back on- sucks but o well. Stay positive and HAPPY - screw the BMI chart! im currently 6wks 3dys....long way to GO but i will be eating healthy and working these arms and thighs out so it doesn't look like i belong on the football field as a middle line backer! Have fun and be happy at what u do!

Congratulations Scotsgal, shes gorgeous!

Ladies, try not to worry/bother about the weight gain. Do your best to stick to a healthy diet and enjoy the odd treat :thumbup:

Ive only put on 10lbs and the baby is about 5.5lbs. The doctor actually said Id done well. Was lovely to hear a positive comment for once.

Hi Ladies
Hope all is well! I was just wondering about the experiences that you had had meeting the consultant.
I am a size 22 and have lost a stone since becoming pregnant - mainly due to not eating such large portions because I just cant face them!
I have my 20 week scan and Consultant appointment in 2 weeks and am a little nervous that he/she will be really mean!
I have had nothing but lovely experiences of my midwife who has been very supportive of my wieght loss and hasnt really mentioned my weight at all, but when going for the 2 scans that I have had -1 at 8weeks 1 at 12weeks, I had a horrible sonographer that was full of opinions about my BMI really hurt me doing my scans. She told me it was because I was so overweight! Made me very upset and I couldnt wait to have it over and done with which isnt great when its supposed to be the best times of my life!!
Anyway just a little nervous of meeting the consultant and wondered if you ladies could tell me what happens at the appointment etc.

Thanks!!
Kayleigh xx

Scots gal - ur little one is gorgeous. There I was thinking that all newborns looked like Winston Churchill but yours is lovely. Congratulations.

My ultrasounds haven't hurt at all and I'm quite large! :(
But my acupuncturist went on and on and on at me about eating simple carbs... made me feel like a slice of bread is going to give me GD :( I had a totally normal GTT a few months ago... and I am having trouble finding foods to eat when I have that starving MUST eat feeling... its not always possible to have veggies etc around me. I'm eating reasonable portions but man she needs to get off my back a little! :(

Oh Scotsgal your little girl is just absolutely gorgeous!!!! Huge congratulations to you!!!!!

lisaf - Complex carbs like wholemeal bread and potatoes are a very important part of a pregnant woman's diet, so don't let ANYONE make you feel guilty for having any!!!

cheeky - I saw my consultant at 16wks and he just basically said ok so you are here because of your bmi, told me a load of stuff I already knew, said I would need to book a growth scan for 32wks and possibly more if my gtt came back positive and that I would need an appointment with the anaesthatist. He said nothing really about my weight, didn't make me feel like it would be a problem and then left the room lol! Basically I think he was just going through the motions.

Yup me too. My consultant was fine, it was the anrthetist that made me feel like a fatty!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->