Any big momma's out there?

Hi ladies nice to hear some positive news that not all the consultants are mean. I have just got through the app for the GTT not until jan so they booked it in early. I have my 12 week scan today im very nervous.

I just want to say I love this thread its nice you dont get ignored like on some of the other threads and you ladies here have given me some useful tips :thumbup:

Good luck with your scan x

Sorry Betty didn't mean to put you off! Just he upset me the way he was pushing me to have epidural early on in labour cos it's easier for them to top up epidural later and if I need a c-section.... And the way I was visually examined but I probably just had a twat of anrthetist!let us know what urs said won't you!

Hi all - beautiful baby Scotsgal - and great choice of name! :thumbup:

Had GTT yesterday and got results today - COMPLETELY NORMAL!!:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Can't tell you all how pleased I am! Was really worried about it as have been told they will restrict birth options if you have GD. I know I could still develop it later, so will keep up healthy diet and hopefully all will be well.

No consultant care for me, different policies in different places I guess but do have to see anaesthetist on 9th Nov...seems a bit of a waste of time as I don't want an epidural but guess I may well feel differently in labour!

Happy happy day - my husband also got a job! He's been unemployed for over a year so we're delighted, especially as I start mat leave in 9 weeks. Woop woop!

Hi ladies nice to hear some positive news that not all the consultants are mean. I have just got through the app for the GTT not until jan so they booked it in early. I have my 12 week scan today im very nervous.

I just want to say I love this thread its nice you dont get ignored like on some of the other threads and you ladies here have given me some useful tips :thumbup:

Aw it's nice you feel that way kierley, glad you have found it useful.

How did your scan go?? Hope everything went well.

Good luck with your scan x

Sorry Betty didn't mean to put you off! Just he upset me the way he was pushing me to have epidural early on in labour cos it's easier for them to top up epidural later and if I need a c-section.... And the way I was visually examined but I probably just had a twat of anrthetist!let us know what urs said won't you!

Lol I'm sure I will be fine - my mum is going with me so she will give them what for if they are mean to me hahahaha!!!! Will let you know how I get on!!!

Congratulations amym, glad your result was negative - got mine in a month and I'm not worrying yet but I'm sure I will be by the time it comes around - especially as I have no-one to go with at the moment so will be sat there all on my lonesome!!

How is your bump developing??? I can't believe how mine has started to sprout lol. It's a week on Sunday since I posted my pic and I'm sure I've grown loads in the last few days - gonna get DH to take another one this Sunday so I can compare.

Hey ladies can I ask u a question? I'm currently 13 weeks my belly below belly button is getting nice and hard and looking good so far.

Anyways my question at this stage did any of u experience your upper tummy muscles not working well, I mean by this, I struggle sitting up. I do have a spinal cord injury but I guess I'm hoping this symptom is pregnancy related rather than nuro.

Any replys welcome.

Xxxx.

Hey ladies can I ask u a question? I'm currently 13 weeks my belly below belly button is getting nice and hard and looking good so far.

Anyways my question at this stage did any of u experience your upper tummy muscles not working well, I mean by this, I struggle sitting up. I do have a spinal cord injury but I guess I'm hoping this symptom is pregnancy related rather than nuro.

Any replys welcome.

Xxxx.

Ive not had any probs with my stomach muscles as yet my back seems weak.

thanks betty scan went well baby looked lovely and growing well had my due date moved back to 8th april now. Had the downs test also and the tests for my kidneys so will be waiting on my results now

Stephwiggy - my stomach muscles at the top, just under my bust, went solid almost straight away and I had problems sittin up from laying down. I generally roll out of bed now that I'm 25 weeks. They don't hurt at all they just don't seem to work. I don't have any other problems and my stomach muscles were quite strong before pregnancy(although hidden under a fair bit of padding). Hope that helps.

Scotsgal your baby is beautiful!

Stephwiggy- Try turning to your side and then sitting up while using your arm to leverage yourself instead of doing it like you would before pregnancy. Pregnancy makes our abdominal muscles stretch out and they are not as able to help with sitting as before pregnancy. If you add in back issues it will just make it even more difficult, not to mention potentially painful if you strain your round ligaments (I learned to sit up this way due to pain in my lower abdomen).

I am somewhere between 5 and 6 weeks, and my back already feels like it belongs to a 90 year old! I have a disorder in which my ligaments are too long, so I frequently feel like I'm falling apart, and the relaxin (I think it's called) from pregnancy is just making things a thousand times worse! I guess I didn't think the joint loosening would begin so soon.

Thank u ladies. You have put my mind at rest, its a subaracnoid spinal cyst that I have and the nuro has said I will be in my chair fulltime by the end of,my pregnancy. As my condition is progressive, but yayyyyyy for generally rubbish muscles, I am strangly pleased.

Hi Betty - my BUMP is mahusive! It's a lovely D shape, except at the bottom which is all flabby...the rest is firm and sticks out a mile! I'd show you the pics I've been taking every fortnight since 15w5d but they're all nudey shots I'm afriad! I wanted to see what happened to my boobs too....

I went on my own for GTT - it's not stressful just very dull, so take a book! I was glad to get results so quickly though a swould have stressed over the weekend otherwise x

Oooooh get a non-nudey shot done then - would love to see it! I did mine with bare belly cos I'm still b shape and my bump wouldn't have shown up otherwise. Gonna get DH to take another one tomorrow morning.

Oh and happy V day to me - yippeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

I am so happy today! I found out Old Navy has a maternity section for plus size moms, and they are actually nice not dowdy!! I ordered myself a few things off Ebay as well, so I'm now set for maternity clothing except scrubs, and I will order those in December nearer the time that I will need them. I do have a lot of things that will work until later in my pregnancy, lots of looser tops but I do want some new things and I needed some pants. The one thing I'm worried about is doing job interviews with maternity clothing next spring. There are very few options out there that look professional enough :(

Morning ladies!!

How are we all today?

I'm a bit tired seeing as my little girl decided to have a bit of a party in my belly at 3.30 this morning lol!!

Will post a new bump pic later, I can't believe the difference since my last one just over a week ago!!!!

Hope you all have a good day xxx

hey Betty, hope you enjoyed the party lol. cant wait to see your bump progression. ill post one when i dont just look fat, which will be a while lol. i showed at 15 weeks-ish with the boys but that was twins, so im guessing i'll be waiting longer to look pregnant this time lol. seen our little ones heartbeat at our scan, a nice 150, been dated a little earlier than i thought i was, only a few days. other than that my insomnia is kicking in (YAY :growlmad:)

hi all, cnt wait to see the next bump piccy betty :) do u think you have popped now then hehe :D

cnt wait, bumps are lush :)

25 weeks today yay!!! got another growth scan in 3 weeks time cnt wait to see the duchess again :)

found out at the growth scan last week that the little twin we lost has been completely reabsorbed now :( i was sad to hear it but in a way at least it means i will never have to give him up now, he will be with me forever.

just amazes me how a 17 week baby can be reabsorbed in just 7 weeks :(

anyway ladies hope ur all happy and well :) xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"