Any big momma's out there?

gemie it means they couldnt see baby clearly due to your weight.x but they only check for baby size at your 12 week scan anyway your 20 weeks is when they check everything.

your lucky they never even put anything in my notes when i had my scan tuesday so going docs in the morning to complain about it i can honestly say russells hall is not my favorite place at the moment :(

I hate the bloody place and tbh the sonographer was a stuck up cow :(

Hello ladies,

Here's my 16 week bump and some photo's of fatty that we had taken yesterday at our scan. I can't believe i'm 16 weeks already... I'm so happy...!

Attachments

• Fatty 16 weeks.jpg
    Fatty 16 weeks.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Fatty long legs.jpg
    Fatty long legs.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 7
I hate the bloody place and tbh the sonographer was a stuck up cow :([/QUOTE

so was mine on tuesday she never even spoke to me i had to make the heartbeat out myself i can honeslty say i came out of there disappointed not excited.

i will defo be asking my doc for another scan next week and complaining about my experience its meant to be one of the best times of your life.

I hate the bloody place and tbh the sonographer was a stuck up cow :([/QUOTE

so was mine on tuesday she never even spoke to me i had to make the heartbeat out myself i can honeslty say i came out of there disappointed not excited.

i will defo be asking my doc for another scan next week and complaining about my experience its meant to be one of the best times of your life.

I don't blame you! it's not fair... I knew they wouldn't be as nice as when we went private (it's the nhs for crying out loud!) but even so! x

I think it's fine honey - my 12 weeks scan was at 13 weeks and says 'visualisation blurry' but at 20 weeks it said 'visualisation good'. They do all the essential checks and if you want to check for DS etc then they can do blood tests....

Hey Gemie don't let them get you down. You can see from my bump pics that I am rather flabby around my belly and I didn't have any problems at my 12wk scan. My second scan was at 19+3 and while she did have to press quite hard and do a bit of searching it was more to try and get LO to move around so she could get the measurements rather than because of how fat I was. If they tell you they can't get a clear pic because of your weight then they are just being too bloody lazy to try properly. I got some really good pics and all the measurements even though I hadn't drunk nearly enough fluid before hand!!!

Sorry to but in! I like to keep up to date with everyone on BnB so I stalk you ladies too! Anyway just a point on the scans, my 12 weeks scan states restricted view due to BMI and my BMI is/was 27, so only just above normal in the overweight catagory.

It's rubbish and ignore them, I hate how people make you feel like shit for no reason :growlmad:

I don't mean to sound rude girls, but I'm SO glad I don't have to deal with your healthcare system! My OB is the one that does the ultrasounds at the office I go to, and she is an absolute gem! She is so sweet and kind, and the only time she even hints at my weight is when she asks if I'm getting all the nutrition (fruits, veggies, protein) that I need. I wish all of you could have experiences like mine!

I think it really just matters on the doctor, not the system or country, lol.
I had a doctor once suggest that I eat oatmeal for breakfast to help me lose weight ... this was a GYN who was concerned about my weight.
Um... gee? Is that all it takes? Really? Freaking oatmeal! Who knew! :dohh:

She had actually just talked me into quitting smoking then started on my weight and I left so upset I lit up a cigarette in the parking lot.
(don't worry, I've quit now!!!)

Oooh, oatmeal, really?! I'll start tomorrow! :winkwink: My doc was even nice about my smoking! I had quit with my two previous pregnancies, but started again the day I miscarried with each. I mostly quit again this time (I was having a single hit off one cigarette per day) until a few days ago when the smell and taste made me sick enough to quit for good (at least until May). I was honest with her about this, and she just said "I'm really proud of you for making progress, keep up the good work!" I feel like I have a saint for an OB!

it is our healthcare system here!!!

with my DD everytime i had to go to the hospital all they ever said was you do realise you are extremely overweight/fat i was like yes i do look in the mirror each morning!!!

i think its worse when the doc or midwife is very skinny as well they seem to judge more. i can honestly say i'm not bothered by my weight and have been this size for a fair few years now and had no problems with pregnancy with my DD apart from high blood pressure which was caused from stress at work.

It's so variable - I've had nothing but friendly support from sonographer, GP and midwife... dietician was a bit of a cow but not surprising, really!

One reason why weight watchers is awesome that they understand that if you are overweight, you can't just suddenly start eating what will sustain a person who weighs 70lbs less than you... it puts your body into starvation.
A "REAL" dietician would know that, wouldn't they?

hi girls not popped in for a while ,

i went for my 12 week scan and they were horrible to me, he refused to give me a picture because i was far to big and the picture quality was rubbish :grr:

however i went to see my consultant a week after and he put the portable scanner on me and the picture was lovely- abdominal with empty bladder although i couldnt get a picture because it was just a portable scanner and had no printer

so i think they were just being funny with me the first time

i know im big (bmi around 55) but they dont need to make me feel even more rubbish about it than i already do :cry:

on the plus side though little JellyTot is perfect :cloud9:

I am so sorry you all have to endure that at your Dr's. Here they might say something, but only if you appear oblivious, or are gaining too rapidly. At the initial apt I'm sure it will come up, but I will point out I've only ever gained the appropriate amount of weight, and since I"m starting out at 227 lbs I'm planning on gaining less than 15 lbs with none in the first trimester (No i'm not dieting, just eating VERY healthy).

My doc recommended no weight gain. I'm not really sure how this works. I eat fairly healthy as is, but I seem incapable of losing weight. With the breakdown of what all the pregnancy/baby parts weigh, aren't I look at at least 20 lbs? I don't think dieting during pregnancy seems very healthy, but I have been extra careful of what I eat (when I CAN eat, anyway). Not sure exactly how I'm supposed to not put on any weight...

I have been really lucky so far in that no-one has made any horrible comments about my weight at any of my appointments. I have had 2 good scans - despite not drinking enough for the second - and although they have to be matter of fact about it my weight isn't being seen as a barrier.

I went to see the anaesthatist yesterday morning. Again she was pleasant enough. She asked me to open my mouth and said she had no worries about giving me a general anaesthetic should I need one because she could see the back of my throat. Then she made me stand up and lean forwards so she could feel my back. She told me that although it wasn't the easiest back to feel she didn't think there would be any problems giving me an epidural, if I hadn't already had one earlier in my labour, should I need an emergency c-section. Because of this she said she was just going to treat me as normal - which was nice to hear!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->