Any big momma's out there?

Good luck 2 wanted!

Great bump, and bet you'll be happy if baby comes early now s/he's nearly cooked!

evening ladies,

I got a bump band. and it defo makes you look rounder. i used to wear it when i wore leggings as it held in my hanging flabby bit at the bottom. But i aslo found that it kept rolling down too.

Ahh Betty bet ya cant wait to put the finishing touches to the nursery.I loved doing mine, made it so real. even though babe wont be using it for a while! lol.

thought i would add a bump pic..... could be my last!!

Little update from me.

Well, i had a show on Monday, and have been having 'contractions' since Early Tuesday morning. They are irregular but painful.

this happens mainly at night time, so its keeping me awake ALL night!!!! so i am sooo tired. midwife called this the Latent Phase. Dont remember covering this in antenatel class!!

Midwife says this is my cervix soffening in prep for labour, and could well start full in the next few days. she doesnt expect to see me for my next appointment in 2 weeks.

Only finished work last Thursday! so no rest for me! babe not due till 19th October.

Like they say, baby comes when baby comes!!

OOOOOOOOOH good luck!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you :happydance:

good luck 2wantedpls.

Is anyone (I think this only applies to Brits) thinking of paying for the NCT antenatal classes? Or anyone had any experience of them?

good luck 2wantedpls.

Is anyone (I think this only applies to Brits) thinking of paying for the NCT antenatal classes? Or anyone had any experience of them?

Too expensive for me hon, focusing on nhs classes and reading up...BnB of course as well! In terms of meeting other mums, I will be going to the NCT bumps and babies group when I start mat leave, so will hopefully make friends there.

Yeah they are a bit too expensive for me too. And also they haven't got any in my area in December which is when I am doing my nhs one.

Amy - you sound all organised when it comes to meeting other mums - I need to find something to do when I go on maternity leave - I've only got 3 weeks left!!!!

good luck 2wantedpls.

I did the nct classes. Didn't do the nhs one. Was offered 1 6 hour session but fell on same day as one nct.

We had 6 other couples. All different characters and ages. Each session was about different stages of labour and we had a breast feeding class. I liked them cos we interacted with different people and was split from oh. So we both hot different things out if it. Our leader was very pro natural birth, which I liked and made it very clear that we had choices during labour.

The breast feeding lady was great too. Didn't feel she was too pushy. Very informative and didn't leave there thinking if I didn manage to breast feed that I was failing.

We have swapped emails and made a group on baby centre to stay in touch while we await our arrivals and have a reunion book for early new year.

I really wud recommend them to anyone as we went thru quite a bit in our sessions. Made me look forward to childbirth!! Lol

There doesn't appear to be any NHS ones in our area - at least when the midwife gave us the list of classes there wasn't anything that looked like the antenatal classes except for one one-off class in November. Apparently the maternity grant of £160 applies until January - I was thinking of using that to pay for the classes. Also, I didn't know about the baby and bump meetings, wow I really am starting to be seriously dumb.

It is just a one off 2 and a half hour session in our area at the moment too. The midwife says it keeps changing - sometimes it's a course and other times just one. There is a seperate breast feeding class which I am going to take too.

Sorry girls, iv been neglecting this thread.

I had my anithatist apointment today, yet another waste of time and NHS resources. All he did was look in my mouth and say how they prefer to give a spinal rather than a general and that everything would be explained in deatil if i were to need one.

Hey ladies, well hubby has left for Afgan, so far so good although my pain has been bad.. saw my consultant today and he was a right tosser, just said as your mobility will get much worse he wants me on blood thinners from 34 weeks and for 6 weeks after, I mentioned I was having to cath almost full time and just said well that's not for me to deal with and I should get my gp to refer me to somwone else. Waste of time really.

Sorry for your bad experiences lozzy and stephwiggy. I hope you have better ones in the future. :hugs:

Stephwiggy, must be hard for you to have your husband so far away while pregnant - I go into meltdown when mine does a night shift. You must be a very strong lady.

I had my GTT done last week and everything must be fine as they said they'd only ring me if there was a problem. Baby is exactly growing as he should be, BP and everything seems fine. I had to drink 2 small cups of lucozade and wait for 2 hours. Although I was abit annoyed because they forgot me (and then tried to blame me for wandering off which I hadn't I was sat there like a good girl for the whole time) and then suggested it might be too late to do my bloods but in the end it was ok....it better have been or my pregnancy hormones would have just exploded. :blush:

Morning Ladies!

Well I have finally caught this stupid cold that all my family and friends have had over the last few weeks. My head feels like it's going to explode and my lips and mouth are so dry I feel like I have had a tub of salt!!!!!

On a positive note I'm now down to double figures - only 98 days until my little girl is due!!!! She is getting very strong now and positively battering my insides lol.

I'm very excited because the nursery carpet is being fitted on Thursday morning and the furniture is being delivered in the afternoon - then I can finally start getting everything set up and clear my living room of all the clutter lol.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend - let us know what you have been up to xxxxx

Oh Betty I hope you feel better soon :hugs: I've had a house full of very sick people this week so have managed to hold off on catching the cold til now.. And I'm just like you now, with a head full of snot :lol: You have my absolute sympathy! :hugs:

Sounds exciting that you're getting the nursery all set up and everything.. We still haven't bought a thing for the baby yet, (not even a babygro) s'pose we should get our skates on, really... :D

On the other hand, we have a survey next week to check our house for asbestos and we have another set of surveyors coming round to check the pipes and electricals etc before they come in and fit us a lovely brand new kitchen (which will probably be getting done when the baby is here :wacko:) But all in all, it's good news - we've been waiting for it to be fitted for over a year now and I'm looking forward to it finally being done :happydance:

OMG I don't know how you have managed to get this far without buying anything lol - my willpower could not have held out!!! The nook under my stairs is so crammed with clothes, equipment, toys, toiletries and other things that it is starting to spill out into the rest of the living room lol!

Of course while we have bought most of it, my mum has contributed quite a bit - as have DH's mum, nan and sister - and I had some lovely presents at my baby shower last week so that has just added to the pile lol

On the other hand, you will have such fun just going out and getting everything in one go!! Yay for shopping!!!!!

On the other hand, you will have such fun just going out and getting everything in one go!! Yay for shopping!!!!!

I know, even the OH is looking forward to it :happydance: Yay for shopping! :lol:

We haven't managed it yet as with 4 other children it's been a bit hectic anyway, and unfortunately we got rid of all our baby stuff with the last baby as we didn't think that we'd be having any more.. Funds and limited time have stopped us from getting anything... But in a couple of weeks, we'll be all babied up and ready to go! :D

hey everyone! Getting excited for my scan on Wednesday to hopefully find out if I'm having a boy or girl!!! Speaking of shopping, I love looking at everything in the stores for babies but definitely will have more fun when I know if I can buy blue or pink! Lol

Last two weeks I have started putting on weight which has been bringing me down more than I thought it would. I've kept my same starting weight up till now. I know logically its ok to gain weight with being pregnant but mentally after reading so much and then my Dr. telling me since I am overweight, if I eat healthy I can stay the same weight/lose weight it has got me down. Doesn't help that I have been eating badly (junk food and sweets) lately! Lol Hopefully I can mentally get over it and start eating better and not worry about the numbers on the scale

Anyone else having problems with that?
Betty, I am inspired by how well you've done :) that is the track I want to be on!

To be honest Meghan, it isn't something I have tried to do. I don't know if I can say I was 'lucky' to have such bad morning sickness, but not being able to keep much down must have made my stomach shrink and as such I can't eat very much any more.

I wouldn't worry yourself too much over whether you put weight on or lose it sweetie - at the end of the day you can only eat what your body lets you. For the first few weeks of my pregnancy I lived on greggs pasties and haribo starmix!!!!

I would definitely recommend eating little and often though, as that can help to stem the cravings that can cause binge eating. If you are hungry you are more likely to overeat.

At the end of the day though, if you do put weight on it is just as likely to be the baby and fluid you are carrying, rather than packing the fat on.

Don't beat yourself up and don't let anyone else have a go either.

Good luck with your scan - let us know how you get on xxxxxx

Only 4 more sleeps until my first scan! I'm excited, and nervous, and about a hundred other emotions all at once. I haven't "felt pregnant" for about 4 days now, so I'm getting awfully antsy. With 2 previous m/c's, every little twinge (or lack of twinge) seems to send me into fits of terrifying worry.

Aw I hope everything goes ok for you this time chick. I can't even begin to imagine how you must feel, I'm worrying enough being pregnant for the first time - never mind having lost two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->