Any big momma's out there?

I have been really lucky so far in that no-one has made any horrible comments about my weight at any of my appointments. I have had 2 good scans - despite not drinking enough for the second - and although they have to be matter of fact about it my weight isn't being seen as a barrier.

I went to see the anaesthatist yesterday morning. Again she was pleasant enough. She asked me to open my mouth and said she had no worries about giving me a general anaesthetic should I need one because she could see the back of my throat. Then she made me stand up and lean forwards so she could feel my back. She told me that although it wasn't the easiest back to feel she didn't think there would be any problems giving me an epidural, if I hadn't already had one earlier in my labour, should I need an emergency c-section. Because of this she said she was just going to treat me as normal - which was nice to hear!!!

ahhh im glad you had a nice lady betty.

Do any of you use a doppler and when did you hear the hb?

I'm pretty sure I can hear bubs jumping about but no hb :shrug: I don't know if it's b/c I'm too fat lol

Well I had the shock of my life last night!!!

DH took me out for a meal after I finished work and when we got home I walked into the living room to find a group of my family and friends waiting to throw me a surprise baby shower!!!!

I was completley gobsmacked lol!

It was an amazing evening and I was very spoilt with some beautiful gifts.

My 2 best friends had organised everything and collaborated with my husband to get me out the house lol

I'm such a lucky girl :)

aww betty that is lovely hun :)

gemme i couldnt hear anything on my doppler until i was about 21 weeks, i was a size 20-22 before pregnancy and weighed 17st 10lbs.

hope that helps hun xxx

I've got my GTT in two weeks. OH has (sensitively I feel - er not) made me really upset about it by saying a guy at his work had one done and he had to buy his own Lucozade and take it with him AND that he had to drink 2 litres of it!!!!
Now this guy is kind of old (pre-litres old) and so I'm thinkingt maybe he's got the measurement wrong/is overexaggerating etc etc but it's caused a bi of an argument with me and OH because it's got me upset and worried (I know there's no way on earth I can drink that much Lucozade without being very sick and I pay nearly £200 a month to the sodding NHS so why should I have to buy the stuff?! PLUS how on EARTH can anyone come back with a normal reading after drinking 2 litres of Lucozade - I'll be shaking and sleepless for weeks - also, wouldn't that be dangerous for the baby as well, all that caffeine and sugar?). So I'm upset and tearful he just keeps repeating louder and louder 'well that's what Roy said and he isn't a liar' and in an increasingly patronising tone as if Roy is the fount of all GTT knowledge.

ARGH! Please help!

If you had to take your own lucozade they would have told you when you were booked in for your appointment - there is a room at the ante natal clinic at my hospital that is full of bottles of lucozade!!! And I'm sure they won't make you drink 2 litres of it! You only need enough to make your blood sugar level spike for the test - which won't take much after you have been fasting - you would be bouncing off the ceiling if you drank 2 litres on an empty stomach :headspin:

I think your husband may have got his facts muddled up but don't get upset love - you can do an "I told you so" dance after you have had your test and proved him wrong :happydance:

The little bottle that I drank was only 250ml. But then apparently its done very differently here in Australia because I didnt have to fast for my test or wait two hours. Mine was only an hour. But there is no way that they will make you drink 2 litres of sugery stuff :)

I have a doppler and I think I can here stuff on it but it's still so hard to tell.... I am 315lbs so the fat isn't helping I am sure

I've got my GTT in two weeks. OH has (sensitively I feel - er not) made me really upset about it by saying a guy at his work had one done and he had to buy his own Lucozade and take it with him AND that he had to drink 2 litres of it!!!!
Now this guy is kind of old (pre-litres old) and so I'm thinkingt maybe he's got the measurement wrong/is overexaggerating etc etc but it's caused a bi of an argument with me and OH because it's got me upset and worried (I know there's no way on earth I can drink that much Lucozade without being very sick and I pay nearly £200 a month to the sodding NHS so why should I have to buy the stuff?! PLUS how on EARTH can anyone come back with a normal reading after drinking 2 litres of Lucozade - I'll be shaking and sleepless for weeks - also, wouldn't that be dangerous for the baby as well, all that caffeine and sugar?). So I'm upset and tearful he just keeps repeating louder and louder 'well that's what Roy said and he isn't a liar' and in an increasingly patronising tone as if Roy is the fount of all GTT knowledge.

ARGH! Please help!

Roy may not be a liar, but he is wrong...

I had mine and it was less than a mug full - one of those little plastic cups you get with water coolers...that size. And it wasn't lucozade - like a thick syrupy lemon squash. It was like drinking the syrup you get in a tin of fruit cocktail... not nice but not foul, iykwim?

Betty - so jealous! Not havign a shower until just before I leave work in 7 1/2 weeks...you are a lucky girl!

And ref doppler -think I was about 14 weeks when I found it... I'm a size 22/24, BMI 46, weight about 20 stone!

Hi ladies!

I had my 25 week appointment today! Got to hear my little girls heartbeat for the very first time - oh it was magical!!!!! It was so loud and clear and the midwife found it straight away!!!

She said "you look like you are growing nicely" which put a big smile on my face too!!!

I'm a very happy mummy :)

How is everyone today?

DH and I ordered the carpet for the nursery today! The furniture is hopefully being delivered Thurs next week so it's all systems go hee hee!!!!!

I can't wait to get all of the bags of baby stuff that are currently sat in the nook under my stairs up into the nursery and everything is ready. Will get some pics posted once it's all done.

Hope everyone is well :)

has anyone got a support band if so where did you get it and is it any good

I got the Bella Band... its not so much for support though
I ordered it online since not even all the online stores carried it in the size 4 which I needed. I got mine off Amazon.
It might be more supportive if I was a bit bigger... a co-worker thought I've lost weight because it did cinch me in a bit.
I'm using it right now so I can leave my pants unbuttoned. :haha:

i have pain in my pelvis the midwife said a support band could help

I've got one but I barely wear it. There are some days when its a benefit and others when it just gives me the shits and keeps rolling up (or down).

I have to admit I haven't even thought about a support band - I don't think one would work for me because of all the flabby 'overhang' I have (which you can see in my bump shots lol) - it would just roll down and annoy me I feel!!!

I got a support band from boots today that covers my whole bump and it's fab no rolling up or down and they do some big sizes I got a size 4 and I'm a dress size 24 but they do a size 5

evening ladies,

I got a bump band. and it defo makes you look rounder. i used to wear it when i wore leggings as it held in my hanging flabby bit at the bottom. But i aslo found that it kept rolling down too.

Ahh Betty bet ya cant wait to put the finishing touches to the nursery.I loved doing mine, made it so real. even though babe wont be using it for a while! lol.

thought i would add a bump pic..... could be my last!!

Little update from me.

Well, i had a show on Monday, and have been having 'contractions' since Early Tuesday morning. They are irregular but painful.

this happens mainly at night time, so its keeping me awake ALL night!!!! so i am sooo tired. midwife called this the Latent Phase. Dont remember covering this in antenatel class!!

Midwife says this is my cervix soffening in prep for labour, and could well start full in the next few days. she doesnt expect to see me for my next appointment in 2 weeks.

Only finished work last Thursday! so no rest for me! babe not due till 19th October.

Like they say, baby comes when baby comes!!

Attachments

• IMG_0231.jpg
    IMG_0231.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe