Any big momma's out there?

I'm thinking of taking another pic soon too terrri - but only for curiosity purposes because I don't feel like I have changed at all in the last couple of weeks.

I was obese when pregnant with my son. Believe it or not....I felt the best during his pregnancy!! I was "overweight" with my daughter but healthy and yet with her I barely passed my 3 hour GD test and developed Pre-E. With my son, I was about 40 lbs heavier when I got pregnant and not a single problem with him during pregnancy. It was smooth sailing!! I just really made sure to eat healthy and walk as much as I could.

With this pregnancy I'm 60 lbs lighter but still overweight so I'm also very aware of what I eat and hope to not gain much (if any).

I feel like I should take a 'before' picture now, lol... just so when I do finally have a tiny bump it will look real
Not that i'd post it before I had a real bump to compare it to.

Definitely do it - I didn't and regret it. More so because of all the weight I lost.

I was obese when pregnant with my son. Believe it or not....I felt the best during his pregnancy!! I was "overweight" with my daughter but healthy and yet with her I barely passed my 3 hour GD test and developed Pre-E. With my son, I was about 40 lbs heavier when I got pregnant and not a single problem with him during pregnancy. It was smooth sailing!! I just really made sure to eat healthy and walk as much as I could.

With this pregnancy I'm 60 lbs lighter but still overweight so I'm also very aware of what I eat and hope to not gain much (if any).

Hi BostonMommy - hope things go ok for you this time round!

I'm thinking of taking a pic today and hiding it well on my computer. Although there is just fat at the minute when a bump starts to appear I'll have something to compare to and will probably notice it more looking back I suppose!!!

When do you think I should contact the surgery again if I haven't heard from midwife??? I can't remember when i had first appointment last time, it was 8 years ago now!!

I'm thinking of taking a pic today and hiding it well on my computer. Although there is just fat at the minute when a bump starts to appear I'll have something to compare to and will probably notice it more looking back I suppose!!!

When do you think I should contact the surgery again if I haven't heard from midwife??? I can't remember when i had first appointment last time, it was 8 years ago now!!

It's probably worth giving the surgery a call and checking whether you are supposed to make the appointment or if they send you one through. You should have your booking appointment anytime really - I had mine at about 6wks!

Afternoon ladies!!!.... Guess what????

I have a baby boy!!!! Finally!!! Arrived this morn at 8.12. Weighing 7lbs 14.5 oz.

Couldn't quite have the relaxing birth I had hoped as bp was high so stayed strapped to a monitor cos baby wasn't being very reactive. Then took me 2 hours to dilate so caved in for epi! But anrthetist (sp) took too long and I was ready to push. Went from 6cm to pushing in an hour!! Pushed 3-4 times and he was out! So over whelming !! Putting that down to the rlt I have been drinking!!!!

Got to stay in overnight to monitor bp. Meant to be resting but can't stop staring and prodding my little man!!! :cloud9:

OMG WOW CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

I have a baby boy!!!! Finally!!! Arrived this morn at 8.12. Weighing 7lbs 14.5 oz.

Couldn't quite have the relaxing birth I had hoped as bp was high so stayed strapped to a monitor cos baby wasn't being very reactive. Then took me 2 hours to dilate so caved in for epi! But anrthetist (sp) took too long and I was ready to push. Went from 6cm to pushing in an hour!! Pushed 3-4 times and he was out! So over whelming !! Putting that down to the rlt I have been drinking!!!!

Got to stay in overnight to monitor bp. Meant to be resting but can't stop staring and prodding my little man!!! :cloud9:

WOW!!! Congrats!!!!!!! :happydance: :happydance:
Rest well hun!!!
:happydance: :hugs:

Congrats on your little man :hugs:

Well I rang doctors again, and the receptionist I spoke to was the same one that I spoke to on Fri and she had chased up what the Dr had done and he had put my referral in the midwifes tray, so she has no idea why I hadn't heard. She gave me the team number so I left an answer phone message and they should get back to me in 24 hours. Receptionist was really helpful she said I should of heard something by now!

Ah one of those "clerical delays" then lol. At least you know what is happening now though xx

Ah one of those "clerical delays" then lol. At least you know what is happening now though xx

Exactly, I'm sure the midwife will blame the surgery and the surgery are blaming her, Oh well at least I should here soon, until then I can sit and worry about her comments on my weight!:cry:

Aw hopefully that won't happen. I have not had one negative comment about my weight. I was referred to a consultant - which I expected - am having a gtt and had to have a meeting with an anaesthatist, but all in all I have been pretty much left to it and have had no complications.

Fingers crossed it will be the same for you!

2wanted - we want pictures! we want pictures!

omg omg omg - 3rd tri tomorrow!!!!!!

I'm so excited but really really really scared too!!!!!!

This means I've got to start thinking about giving birth!!!!!

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!

im third tri tomorrow too dont know where the time has gone, i finaly did some shopping today and feel a bit better having some things for the baby.
betty dont worry about the birth its not that bad and im a wimp (ive been sedated to have blood taken before)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->