Any big momma's out there?

My lovely lovely midwife phoned today. She apologised for not getting hole of me earlier but the number she had for me was wrong, but my scan referral and everything is done and I should get a letter anyday now!!! I was going to see her on Tuesday and would of had to leave work early, but after I spoke to her my daughters school rang and she's been nominated for a headmasters award and her assembly is in my work time. So I rang midwife to rearrange and she shuffled it all around for me so I don't have to leave work early twice in one week!!!

I told her I was worried about being slated because of my BMI and she said its normal now to have a high BMI and she's on a lifelong diet so she knows how I feel and not to get my knickers in a twist. When she asked what it is I said around 39 - 41 and she said "oh gosh thats nothing to worry about you're al lot smaller than some people" (exactly what my D said) She said only difference would be is GTT at 28 weeks, (which I'd prob have to have anyway as my mum is type 2 diabetic and I had a very large Baby already) and the growth scans (she said more for the fact I had a large baby before, but the extra padding makes it bit harder to feel size) So I'm feeling chuffed to bits and I'm looking forward to my booking appointment now instead of dreading it. And I'm an exceptionally proud mummy to add to it!!!

I told her I was worried I'd be

Aw - glad to hear you have had your mind put at rest. She sounds like a lovely lady xxx

Thanks, I'm sooooo relieved! You must be getting so excited now!!! it feels like ages until I'm heading into 3rd tri

Yeah that's how I felt too but now all of sudden it's here!!!! I am freaking out a bit tbh lol!

Are you all ready to go??? We need to sort out what will be babies room (its full of junk) I'm the sort of person who wants to do it all now, 31 weeks doesn't seem long to do everything, but my husband is so laid back he's almost horizontal. SO for the moment I'm going with him!!!

Well the nursery is almost finished - had the furniture delivered yesterday so DH just got to put it up - then we can move the mountain of stuff that is currently stashed under the stairs lol.

So we are pretty prepared in that respect, but as for things like the hospital bag I haven't even started that yet. And mentally I am so unprepared it is unbelievable hahahaha!

Imagine how lovely the nursery will look with everything in it!!!! Yay
I don't know if there is anyway to mentally prepare for it!! And when you think you have baby comes and everything goes out of the window lol!!!
Then nature kicks in and you wonder why you were ever worried!

Betty, I'm in third tri too - 28 wks now. We're in the January Jellybeans thread together actually. I'm trying to chill about the birth thing. Loads of people have told me how lovely an experience it is - not like night in with KFC nice (mmmm kfc) but a good experience nonetheless.

I'm not really ready at all but it's half term at the end of next week and our 1st wedding anniversary so OH has taken the week off too. I think he thinks we're spending the week sipping non-alcoholic champagne and eating chocolates while watching dvds and relaxing. We're actually going to clean out the baby's room and finish decorating it plus finish the major clear out of all our stuff that we don't need. I'm not sure if I should burst his bubble or not.

Lindsayscoob - my husband is equally horizontal. He always tells me that I shouldn't worry, it'll work out in the end. I maintain that the REASON it works out is BECAUSE I worry and plan and plot. We agree to disagree most of the time. lol

LOL, my DH is very laid-back also... hard to get him motivated. I'm laughing though because I'm already stressing about the baby's room being full of stuff :rofl:
I know I haven't had much energy lately either so its been hard to motivate him. Then 2 out of the last 3 weekends were super hot so there was no way we were getting anything done.

I'm hoping we can start moving stuff out of his office into the garage -his office needs to become a guest room/office so the guest room can become the nursery...
(I say office but its really his computer/video game room :rofl:)

Lindsayscoob - my husband is equally horizontal. He always tells me that I shouldn't worry, it'll work out in the end. I maintain that the REASON it works out is BECAUSE I worry and plan and plot. We agree to disagree most of the time. lol

I know this one sooooo well :haha:

lisaf -Lol 'office' at least he doesn't hog the main tv. I believe I have managed to pull off the impossible. OH has SOLD his xbox and all the games to raise funds for the baby!!!! I was impressed.

Lindsayscoob - so glad it's not just me!

Little Mrs... :rofl: Dang, and I thought I was making progress by getting DH to stop BUYING games to help save for the baby :haha: The only way I ever got him to sell video games is when he wanted the Xbox 360 when it came out... he sold back enough games to buy the new system (and he still had plenty of games left :dohh:)
DH has an Xbox, a PS3, a Wii, a PSP, a DS etc etc etc he has every video game system ever made including an Intellivision (and 2 sony dreamcasts :( )

DH has a bigger TV in his room than the main room does, lol.. the only coup I won is getting the HD receiver out to the living room... he keeps hinting he wants it back but I keep ignoring him. (switching all the DVR recordings over is a huge pain)

lisaf -Lol 'office' at least he doesn't hog the main tv. I believe I have managed to pull off the impossible. OH has SOLD his xbox and all the games to raise funds for the baby!!!! I was impressed.

Lindsayscoob - so glad it's not just me!

Bloody hell you must be a ruddy miracle worker hahahaha!!!!

We have 2 ps3's in our house - although I have to admit it was my idea to get the second one for upstairs. I love my bluray's and like being able to watch them upstairs while chilling out on the bed.

Tbh I don't mind DH being on the ps3 most of the time because I spend a lot of time on here or facebook lol. He is just getting as much time as possible in before our princess arrives cos he know's he won't be on as much then lol.

And I'm such a softie that when the new Fifa game came out, I bought it him as a surprise, wrapped it in paper and wrote a note on it saying "To Daddy, thank you for taking such good care of my mummy. We love you very much xxx"

Wow made it to 3rd tri!!!!!!

Hope you lovely ladies are all ok this fine morning - sun is actually shining here for a change!!!!

Congrats on third tri. To be honest I'm not as much of a miracle worker as would seem. OH had wracked up a pretty serious overdraft problem and had borrowed some money from me (the baby fund) to get out of the debt so I made him sell the xbox 360 to pay me back. It was a pretty bad moment in our marriage really but we make light of it now and the xbox caused so many arguments (you know the type 'if you had time to play Halo online for 5 hours before work why didn't you have time to do the washing up and bring down your dirty clothes?' etc etc) that we don't really miss it - it's been almost blissful since it's been gone. Well, from my perspective anyway. When the new Halo game came out he asked if he could buy a new one but I did point out that we don't exactly have the cash for that at the moment (privately there was a major sinking feeling somewhere around my stomach).

Lisaf - I never did manage to get him to stop buying games, not even for a short while - not even when I pointed out that a game cost the same amount as a week's food shopping or two weeks' petrol (gas). That was part of the problem and how he managed to get in so much debt.

Ah well, we love them anyhow and it's really good to hear that other people have OHs who play on games - my OH is 7 yrs younger than me (he's 22 and I'm 29) and sometimes I used to worry it was because he was so young and hadn't quite grown up yet but if everyone's OHs are doing it then it's not quite so bad - still annoying, while I'm trying to get the housework done or have a conversation - just not frustrating to the point of hairloss. Lol.

Now - off to town to buy pregnancy yoga DVDs and books about drug free birth. Time to get prepared now. 11 weeks 5 days and counting.

HAPPY 3RD TRI BETTY :D

sun is shining here aswell today :) must be a sign that i have to go shoppin hehe.

hubby as been working away all week so will be nice to see him tonight, the dogs havnt exactly been the best company lol!!

i seen a fab whinnie the pooh dress and cardigan in mothercare that i just have to buy !! im just not goin to tell the hubby that is costs £25 haha.

might get a few things to go in my hospital bag aswell in the next few weeks, need to pull my finger out i think, ive only got 12 weeks and 3 days left, but if i go along with the doctor and have the c section ive only got 9 weeks and 5 days left eeeeek!!!!!

have a good day lovelies :) xxxxxx

I have to admit I'm pretty lucky LittleMrs - my DH does all of the washing and the washing up, and most of the tidying up too. He has been cooking his own meals most of the time since I got pregnant too because I've either been too tired or just not eating. So really he deserves a bit of playtime lol

Men never grow up though do they? DH is is 34 this year and shows no sign of losing interest in computer games lol.

terrri - I need to get my arse in gear and start my hospital bag too. My bessie mate bought me a lovely toiletry bag with miniature bottles in for me to take with me so that is a start lol.

Hubby put the wardrobe up in the nursery this morning - it's lovely! We make a good team actually. I had the instructions and got all the bits ready for him, and he put it all together. Just the cotbed and dresser to do now!!!!!!

Lol,... age has nothing to do with love of video games... my DH is 34 and will never ever stop playing them :haha:
DH and I always bicker when we put stuff together :rofl: We both just get a 'plan' in our heads then get irritated when the other one doesn't follow our imaginary plan.

We should form a 'Video game widows' club :laugh2:. I know that whenever a new game comes out especially a zombie one I'm gonna lose my husband for at least a couple of days to his den upstairs.

He's 33 so it doesn't seem to be something they grow out of!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->