Any big momma's out there?

I second that!

The only real concern is if you have health complications already because of the weight (high blood pressure, diabetes etc)... these are conditions that even skinny people can have and if anyone has them, the risks are the same etc...

Weight alone is not always an indication of health.. there are people who have better blood pressure, cholesterol etc when they are at their 'healthy' weight than when they are a little over or under.

Yup, the ladies are right. My blood pressure is 'perfect' according to my midwife, better than pretty much everyone I know (if not actually everyone) and my health has always been good if not excellent. My weight hasn't been a problem at all.

I have my fingers crossed for you that everything goes ok - don't panic, just relax - relaxing releases good growth hormones and will make you happier. xx

Hi ladies - how are we all today?

Had my gtt this morning - rang for the results this afternoon and they were normal which is a massive relief!!!!

I only have 3 days left at work - very scary, but very exciting!!!!

I haven't heard anything since my GTT last Monday. They said I wouldn't hear unless there was a problem - do we think I'm in the clear?

Congrats on your normal results, Betty.

hi betty, sorry i havnt been on for a while been back and forth the hospital :S

im 29 weeks today and my GTT isnt until later in the week!! for some reason i am having it late because im sure u are supposed to have it by 28 weeks?? or mayb im wrong lol!!.

how is everyone??? its gettin more real now lol had a cleaning mission yesterday but im paying for it today cos im so achey :(

xxxxxxx

congrats Betty! and little mrs, I'm sure you must be in the clear... if you had GD they'd have contacted you by now to discuss treatment etc!

I'm all well really, but struggling to get close enought to my desk to type and steering wheel to drive - at 30 weeks! Still, only 4 and abit weeks to go, am sure will manage. Jealous of your early start mat leave Betty!

Hi ladies

Had a GTT today. My hospital only offers them if there is glucose present in your urine sample so it's not routine even if you are over weight. I'm 34 weeks today and they only gave me one due to my routine midwife appointment on Friday measuring my bump at 42cm WOW!

Is everyone else measuring within the 3cm either way?

I don't have another scan til 10th Nov and my next MW app is next Friday!

I have been told that no news is good news regarding the GTT results but it should only
take a few days before they get the results. So if I don't hear anything I'll be extatic xx

I dont know what my bump is measuring, my midwife hasn't written it down. I might get my OH to measure it again.

OH has measured bump so it's probably not exactly accurate but I would assume that it's accurate within 3cm. I'm 29 wks + 5 days and my bump is 30cm. Is that OK?

lol, my bump measurements would put me at 5-6 months along :rofl:

I haven't had my bump measured yet not much point really because you still can't really see it as it's hidden by loads of flab!!! Maybe the midwife will have a go at measuring it when I see her on Monday.

terrri - are you ok love?

I'm feeling a bit restless this evening. Got really twitchy arms and legs and just feel the need to do something, but I don't know what lol. It's a bit late to go out anywhere now though. Anyone else get a bit like that sometimes?

i measure 30 at the minute so not bad i had a blood test for my liver today hope the results come back ok but i dont think it will i feel so ill

Ok ladies here is my latest bump pic! Have reposted the previous 2 as well for comparison. I haven't seen them all side by side yet so I'm not sure there is really much difference but here we go!!!

I weighed myself this morning too and I'm still the same as I was a few weeks ago - which means I must still actually be slowly losing weight because my princess is definitely getting bigger - even if it's not so obvious on the photo's!

Aw I just previewed my post and my bump looks bigger in my 24wk pic!!!! I'm a bit disappointed now because I really really want a nice bump!!!!

It could just be the trousers I've got on and where they are on my hips though......

It was a student MW that measured me first and then my MW had a go explaining to the student MW that she needs to pull up on the top of my bump to ensure that she wasn't measuring me too (she meant my aprony over hang!).

I was told from my MW that the margin of 3cm either way and they're not concerned any thing more than 3cm they will investigate the cause for this. I don't think they start measuring fundal height until you 32 week antenatal appointment, well that was my first measurement this time around. I can remember with my first.

I do feel huge in comparison to my first pregnancy but I don't think that it's baby thats huge. Then again I'm not the expert.

They hospital don't seem too worried either as I have another routine scan on 10th Nov and when my MW suggested to them I need an extra growth scan they offered me the appointment I already have on the 10th Nov. Was pointless me spending 1.5 hours in the maternity day unit on Friday.

I have attempted to attach a photo of my monster belly bearing in mind I'm only 34+2 weeks.

Attachments

• Do not open 003.jpg
    Do not open 003.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 8
You girls got names pick for your LO yet? Do they have a significant meaning?

We have chosen Seren Joan

My mums dad die when she was 2yrs and he was Welsh so thought we'd go for a Welsh first name. The middle name is in honour of my late nanna (dads side) who died 3 months before DD#1 was born.

xxx

Bumps looking very nice, ladies. Don't think I'd refer to 34 wks as 'just'- I can't wait to get far enough to see the finish line. 30 wks today and I've got heartburn already- I haven't even had a proper breakfast yet. :(

Ooh, seren is a lovely name. My dad is welsh and we're all girls so we thought about a welsh name, (since I changed my surname from Evans when I got married) but it appears that any decent Welsh name went out if the window quite quickly because my dad was such a ladies man in his teens he's been out with girls with all the good names. He keeps suggesting Maud or Mildred. I think this is mostly to wind me up but is also because those are the only two vaguely welsh names left. My mum just rolls her eyes at him and says maybe we should forget about the welsh names for now and return to them if we ever have a boy as we should be safe there (but they did grow up in the 60s and 70s so who knows).

The heartburn is horrible, I can definately empathise with you there! That and consitpation. If I could rid them both from my life right now I'd probably be the happiest woman in the world xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->