Any big momma's out there?

I have only been able to be completely confortable in next clothes. Like another lady said they can be expensive but the wash well and last. Ibrought a pair of maternity bootcut jeans for £22 and a lovely top for £14 online. My issue is defo the bras im still wearing my pre pregnancy bras that are underwired and are killing my ribs now but I just dont want to spend a fortune.

I agree about being short im 5ft 3ins also and clothes always make me look stumpy its hard when pregnant as you still want to look stylish without paying through the nose.

You can get the bra strap extender things that just hook onto the existing hooks at the back of the bra and give you an extra inch or 2. They come in black, nude and white and have 2 or 3 hooks.

I'm not pregnant yet but I am fat with massive knockers so have found the strap extenders really useful cos I can buy a cheaper bra from somewhere like Asda and then just swap and change the extender(s) (sometime one is just not enough).:haha:

Lisa I loved my Bravado nursing bras! You will want 3. Going braless works when you are not nursing, but once your milk comes in you will leak all over without support :hug:

Hi ladies!

What is everyone up to this grey and dreary Sunday?

I have had a pretty chillaxed day so far - just sat on the sofa surfing the net, reading my book and had a little power nap too lol. I made Sunday lunch for me and DH, now I'm back on the sofa again until we go to his nan's for tea :)

Yesterday was my first day of mat leave - I feel a bit strange, having worked full time since leaving school at 17, knowing that I won't be going in every day! I'm a bit apprehensive about being a SAHM cos I'm nowhere near to being a domestic godess and I just don't want to be a failure lol.

hey ladies - i am a newbie! glad to be here.
my hubby and i are actively TTC. and we are super excited.

I am plus size and pcos (but thats a possibly pcos. story for another time :thumbup: )

im looking forward to the process - but scared too. i am really looking forward to getting to know you Momma's and offering support where I can :kiss:

Hi redpaperheart - welcome to the club!

Good luck ttc - how long have you been trying?

we started TTC just this month! :)
i am nervous for the road ahead, but I am excited for the journey too :) thanks for the welcome!! i appreciate it

I'm a bit apprehensive about being a SAHM cos I'm nowhere near to being a domestic godess and I just don't want to be a failure lol.

:haha: Nigella admitted last week she's not a domestic goddess, so no fear... It's proof they don't exist! :lol:

Nigella 'I obviously don't eat any of the food I cook, considering it's all smothered in butter and I'm a size 14 maximum' Lawson? Grrr.

Well, today I've cooked some cupcakes and some oat and raisin cookies, taken some Halloweed decorations to OH friend's house and marked three books. Basically anything to avoid doing work. Holiday finishes tomorrow.

Trying to upload a bump picture but not sure if it's working or not.

Attachments

• IMG_0223.jpg
    IMG_0223.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 4
wow lovely bump LittleMrs!!!!

Did you not see pics of Nigella with her personal trainer in the papers a while ago? You can eat what you like if you can afford one of those lol!!!

Betty just take it one day at a time. You will do just fine. No one expects you to be Martha Stewart :) :hugs:

Betty just take it one day at a time. You will do just fine. No one expects you to be Martha Stewart :) :hugs:

lol thanks love :kiss:

I'm fab at the cooking bit, it's just the cleaning part I'm not so enthusiastic about lol!

Pfft, personal trainer, what a cheat.

Thanks for the bump compliment.:blush:

You are welcome love!!

Well I saw the midwife yesterday. DH came with me this time and his little face just lit up when he heard the heartbeat!!!

She really prodded and poked my tummy but couldn't feel which way round baby was lying. She also tried measuring my tummy but for obvious reasons couldn't get an accurate measurement lol.

She told me she was going to see how my 32wk scan goes and then she might refer me for another one at 36wks. So now I'm worrying that she thinks my princess isn't growing as big as she should be :cry:

DH says I'm being silly but I can't help it.

So now I have 3wks to wait and find out :(

Oooh Betty, try not to stress love! Are you having growth scan cos of your size, or another reason? My bmi was higher than yours at booking in and I'm not havign any scans - and I had MW today and asked about findal height measurements. She said, effcetively, that there was no point in measuring cos of my size and so she just prodded and poked about to see where my uterus is at. Actually hurt a little bt, but I'd rather that than have her take measurements that might not be accurate and then stress out...sorry you're having to deal with that.

On a positive front, I went to matalan at the weekend and bought some mat clothes - size 20 papaya maternity fit fine!! I got a vest, a top and a dress and all fit really nicely, given that Iam wearing Next size 22 mat clothes and evans size 24/26/28 at the minute. Odd, but really cheering to feel a bit more normal for once, even if it is cos theor sizes are weird!

Also started parentcraft class last night - bit of a waste of time as both DH and I have read so much that we didn't hear a single thing we didn't already know. Except the point when the mw looked around the room and said that, statistically, 2 of us woudl have c sections. That scared the shit out of me - I decided it would just have to be 2 other people, not me!

And, off work today with a stinking cold and sinus pain - don't want to take anything if can avoid it so am resigning myself to a few days off sick. Finish work soon anyway so finding it kind of hard to care.....

Hope all is well with everyone! Amy

Oooh Betty,

Hahahaha that really cheered me up - I almost wet myself laughing hahahaha :haha:

When I saw the consultant at 16wks he just said that he wanted me to have a growth scan at 32wks and if my gtt came back normal then that would be the last one, but if there were any problems then I would have more.

The midwife on Monday had a good feel around - I agree it really hurt - and just said she couldn't feel which way round baby was lying. As I got up she just said that she would see how my 32wk scan went and then she might refer me for another one at 36wks as well - that's why I'm a bit worried about LO's growth. I don't think she wrote down any measurements she took with the tape because there wasn't really any point.

Strange thing is when she looked at my notes it appears the midwife who was there with the consultant has already put me down to have one at 36wks anyway - so I'm a bit confused lol.

betty - sounds like they're just checking position, not size?

betty - sounds like they're just checking position, not size?

Yeah but in my head the reason she couldn't feel the position is cos she isn't big enough. I know I'm being daft but my bump doesn't seem to be getting any bigger either and I just want her to be ok :cry:

aw :hugs: impossible not to worry, I know...
Just put it down to the MW not having a lot of experience with larger ladies?

I just think of how varied my experiences were whenever I had blood drawn. Some techs would just pop it in without a problem, blood bank people usually told me I had fantastic veins and let me choose which side I wanted... then there were those who would poke, prod... hem and haw... I had to convince one of them that I knew where my vein was and let her poke.. .she was shocked it was there :dohh:
Had another one who refused to try and took blood from my hand instead.

Just think , if thats the variety on feeling a freaking VEIN how much it must vary between telling which end is the head and which is the butt, lol...
Does that make you feel any better?

You know what - I love you ladies, you are all so wonderful!!!!

Thanks Lisa I know exactly what you mean xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->