Any big momma's out there?

They do say the 3rd tri is the longest. The antisipation of meeting your LO is over whelming. For me however the time seems to be flying over but I think that is due to the fact that I'm worried about how DD's life is going to change. She has had mummy and daddy all to herself for over 2yrs and although she cuddles, kisses and sings to her sister in my tummy I think it'll be a whole different story once HER mummy is holding the new sibling! Plus I'm trying to maximise the time I spend with DD. I'm going to continue to breastfeed DD#1 along with the new addition in the hope they will bond though feeding, something only they can share IYKWIM xx

betty - I think you only look smaller in the 2nd picture because I don't think you're as close to the camera. The underside of your bump definitely looks bigger though!

I noticed a firmness as I lay on my tummy last night so I think I may finally be starting the tiny hints of my bump.. hidden by all my flab though, lol. I'm not as brave as you to post a pic of my bare skin.
I may take a picture soon with my bella band smoothing everything over.
I'm also hoping by using the bella band and not buttoning my pants that I will maybe get rid of my B shape sooner... (If I'm wrong about that, don't set me straight, let me live with the hope a little while longer :haha:)
My pants can button again since the first tri bloat seems to be going down...

Ogrebabies - one trick that seems to work pretty well for older siblings is to have the baby bring them a gift! My friends had their 2nd daughter surprise their first with a new bicycle! Its hard to resent someone who brings you a really cool gift ;)
Also, girls are usually so good at helping out that you can keep her involved with that kind of thing. That way she's not losing the undivided attention of her 2 parents, but she's gaining a sister to care for and eventually play with.

I get restless like that Betty! I usually start cleaning and it goes away LOL. Babies are growing nicely ladies!

hi girls just a quick question did any of you have a gender scan around 16/17 weeks?

i'm only asking because i'm worried about booking a scan and them not being able to see anything because of my excess belly chub

No I waited until my nhs one at 20wks - well it was 19+3 really. The genitals are only just formed properly at 16wks so sometimes it can still be difficult to tell, but that won't be because of your belly - believe me! As you can see on my bump pics I'm not lacking in the belly dept and I had no probs with either of my scans.

betty - I think you only look smaller in the 2nd picture because I don't think you're as close to the camera. The underside of your bump definitely looks bigger though!

I noticed a firmness as I lay on my tummy last night so I think I may finally be starting the tiny hints of my bump.. hidden by all my flab though, lol. I'm not as brave as you to post a pic of my bare skin.
I may take a picture soon with my bella band smoothing everything over.
I'm also hoping by using the bella band and not buttoning my pants that I will maybe get rid of my B shape sooner... (If I'm wrong about that, don't set me straight, let me live with the hope a little while longer :haha:)
My pants can button again since the first tri bloat seems to be going down...

Ogrebabies - one trick that seems to work pretty well for older siblings is to have the baby bring them a gift! My friends had their 2nd daughter surprise their first with a new bicycle! Its hard to resent someone who brings you a really cool gift ;)
Also, girls are usually so good at helping out that you can keep her involved with that kind of thing. That way she's not losing the undivided attention of her 2 parents, but she's gaining a sister to care for and eventually play with.

My belly is definitely harder and more "upfront" when I look down on it - and when I lay down it is even more obvious. Someone on another thread also said something I hadn't considered too - that it could just be LO in a different position too!!!

My bump is now growing daily. We think it's grown 1-2 cm since I posted earlier in the week. Growth spurt in there, obviously. Well, Daddy is tall (even if I'm virtually a midget).

Thanks ladies and thank you for sharing your pics.

I have my first scan booked next week I have an early one only because of my past m/c's, that one will be internal but I'm dreading the next as there is so much more of me this time to scan I hope that they can see the baby ok.

When you have your booking in appointment can you ask not to be weighed? I know what I am and my BMI is just didn't want to share it also my DH will be there and he thinks I weigh a lot less then I do :blush:

Lol... you can ask him to look away and ask the nurse not to say it out loud... but they probably need to weigh you just for their records.

Thought I would share but I wont bother if no one can be bothered replying to one photo pic. Needed a boost of confidence but thats fine. Thanks ladies.

Thanks ladies and thank you for sharing your pics.

I have my first scan booked next week I have an early one only because of my past m/c's, that one will be internal but I'm dreading the next as there is so much more of me this time to scan I hope that they can see the baby ok.

When you have your booking in appointment can you ask not to be weighed? I know what I am and my BMI is just didn't want to share it also my DH will be there and he thinks I weigh a lot less then I do :blush:

You can ask for your OH to be out of the room while you're weighed but I think they'll have to weigh you because they have to decide the care you will receive. They weighed me once at midwives and once at the hospital - all I've had to have extra is the GTT (still heard nothing so assuming in the clear - nearly 2 weeks since the test now) but I know some of the ladies are under consultant care. They will need to assess how much risk you are at so I think they will insist. You can always ask though - maybe phone beforehand and speak to the midwife to find out.

WARNING THIS IS A RANT.............

I know I'm nearing the end of my pregnancy..... But how many of you ladies out there are struggling to find stylish affordable maternity clothes in plus sizes???

There just isn't anything out there. Asda have started a range of maternity wear but only go up to a size 20 even thought there clothing range is upto a size 24. So you can be pregnant only if you are a size 20 or under.... WTF!

I have struggled with other shops as well! I am also struggling to find a decent fitting and priced nursing bra in my size. Now I'm not that big compared to some of my skinner friends but most that I try on that are my size cut into my boob and make me look like I have 4 rather than 2 unless I want to pay £30...... for one bra, I just can't afford it!

Also it boils my wee wee that these so called plus size clothing outlets like EVANS AND SIMPLY BE and others that have a plus size section NEWLOOK don't actually use fat women to model their clothing range.

How am I meant to know how a certain item of clothing will look ok on me with my mis-shapen fat frame when a flat stomached size 14-16 woman (sometime smaller) is modelling it. I am getting increasingly more angry with this as my pregnancy goes on, I think I'm in hormone hell lol.

Is it just me, or do others feel the same way?

DONE xx

nursing bra's is my issue too - clothes most of mine r simply be and ebay .......

any ideas for nursing bra's ladies

I bought a nursing bra from mothercare after I had Freya which I still use now. It cost me £28. Although it has lasted a good while, this is baby number 2 and I just cant justify spenting that much on one bra...... But probaby will end up doing so anyway. Just don't want to go back to mothercare to get measured. The woman measuring me said " when are you due? As it's best to get measured for a nursing bra after you've had your baby as your breast may change in size and shape!"....... That was great to know, saves wasting £30 on a bra that wont fit after baby is born..... But I had already had my baby 3 months prior to this now awkward situation. I felt a little humiliated and so did she.......

I was thinking of just getting some of the nursing sleep bras as they are like crop tops. I don't think they are going to give much support but it's a cheaper alternative for me. Only problem there is mothercare only do upto a size 20 which is 2-3 sizes too small for me, however squeezing in to them may offer the extra support that I wouldn't get from a correctly fitting one lol......

I feel the SAME way about the maternity clothes in plus sizes :( I think the biggest issue is that even when they have them, they only have like 2 bottoms and 3 tops to choose from! :(
And the tops are all shapeless T-shirts. Then I look over at the smaller sizes and they have hundreds of tops to choose from :( So unfair!

As for bras, not sure if they have this brand there but I've heard really really good things about Bravado. They are pricier, but heck, I need to be able to leave the house and not get that over-heated under-boob thing when I go braless around the house.
I figure with the pricier ones I can just buy 2 and wash them in turns (or go braless on laundry day).
I almost shelled out some money for a Medela brand one, but despite the one + review from a large-chested lady, I just can't see how my boobs will be comfortable in it!

I thought most of the nursing bras were stretchy enough to keep you covered for the engorgement?

Dorothy Perkins and Next both go up to size 24 and they can order in for you if they don't have them in stock.

There is also a website called bon prix that has a lovely maternity section that goes up to a size 30 - very generous sizes too and very reasonably priced.

Betty - I've just has a very quick look at bon prix and find myself asking why it doesn't com up when I do a general search for plus size maternity clothing in google. Lovely clothes they are indeed and the nursing bra prices are great. I may get myself measured and head to bon prix to order. I wish I'd ranted sooner lol, thanks.

Lisa - They do stretch but the cheaper 2 pack I bought from mothercare don't have a full enough cup for my breast so tends to cut across the top when I'm full IYKWIM.

Next are amazing for maternity stuff that lasts - I got some maternity jeans with my last son from there and he's now 19 months old and I'm wearing them this pregnancy too.. There just aren't the words to say how much I love Next clothes! They may be a little extra price wise but they're definitely quality :thumbup:

Yours Clothing doesn't do maternity stuyff as far as I know, but they are great for plus size clothes that aren't frumpy and shapeless.. and the models are all nicely rounded too :lol:

My boobs are huge but I'm a bit of a boneless wonder so my back size is only 38 (it was much smaller pre-pregnancy, not that this is down to being thin, my lil sis is 'normal' weight and her back size is 28 - we're just a boneless family). I've found that marks and spencers is ok for nursing/maternity bras. I bought 2 38H bras from there for £28. Best deal I've found so far. Not sure how far they go up but I would recommend trying them on because the bra is def NOT a H - more of a G.

I'm normally a size 16 and the plus size clothes might be modelled on size 16 women but they've gotta be about 6ft tall. I'm 5ft 3 (well 2 and a half) and I can tell you those clothes do NOT look like that on me. I've just started to buy clothes in stretchy material that are a few sizes too big - it helps that the current fashion is for giant tops that hang (I can only assume that this is to make women who are size 0 look like they have flesh on their bones - not quite so flattering for those of us who already have curves, don't you think?)

Oops - I ranted too. lol. Well at least we all feel the same.

I think the reason they don't often show the clothes in the bigger sizes is that honestly the styles are designed for smaller frames. They just make them bigger for the plus-sized girls... but as you pointed out Little Mrs... the effect is not always flattering.

I have an issue with the shirts at my local plus-size store. If I go for the size 14/16, its too tight on my boobs. If I go for the 18/20, the armpit holes go down so low they show my ENTIRE bra-strap on sleeveless shirts, and somehow the shirt grows like 6 inches in length.
That may not be a bad thing for pregnancy, lol.. but when you're just overweight and definitely NOT pregnant, you don't want to appear to be in a maternity top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->